main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

1. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    d'awwww!!! [face_love]

That was absolutely adorable! I've been jonsing for some Rogue Squadron fics (btw thanks for that link you sent me) and this definitely took the edge off.

Maybe your next drabble could be about Jysella Horn and the Antilles girls talking about their overprotective male family members? That drabble could then serve as a jumping off point for our next collaboration? *nudge nudge*

[face_dancing] [:D]

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

?Oh- and our father is Darth Va-? the rest of her sentence was drowned out by Wicket?s running commentary of the most important moment of Han Solo?s colorful and exciting life.

?What??

?What?? she asked blandly, ?I didn?t say anything.?

Lol! [face_love] Perfect addition, I loved it :D

#21 - so cute :p you've definitely turned me on to Wedge/Iella and I hardly even know who they are. Okay, I have no idea at all who Iella is, but I like her, and that takes some real writing skill :D Lovely little drabbles! And I loved the last line!

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    That was so funny and endearing. :D

And for whoever it was who claimed that Rogues were impossible to catch ? well, CorSec always did set the best snares.

[face_laugh] Best ending line..! I thoroughly enjoyed this! Thanks for the PM.

And Merry Christmas!

S_M:) S_M

4. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Briannakin - Oh! Wonderful viggy! I love Wedge/Iella. They do not get enough attention!
    I agree! Though perhaps we shall see more, with Lori's delightful X-wing Files thread she's starting... :D

nostalgia - W/I! And if there's one line I can't enough of when it comes to Star Wars, it is definitely "It's a trap!"
    [face_laugh] There is something just wonderful about 'It's a Trap!' in any situation, isn't there? Glad you liked, and added to the PM list!

Mondra - Overflowing with cuteness! There are not enough Wedge/Iella fics out there, so I'm glad I could read yours. It was short, but perfect! PM please?
    Added to the PM list as well, and thanks for reading!

Jade_eyes - Yes, it's a trap when the person is the wrong one!
    Hahaha, yeah. I really have nothing against Qwi, for the record, LOL... she just had the misfortune of being the obvious butt of the joke. O:)

Book-Geek - For someone who thought marriage was a trap, Wedge sure is enjoying it!
    Hm, one daughter and another on the way... well, he's certainly enjoying at least ONE aspect of marriage alright... :D

Jedi_Lover - I just started reading these. They are very good little stories. Very well written. I only read the first 4 so I won't make specific comments since I am so far behind. I just wanted to say good work.
    Hey, glad to have you aboard! I hope you liked everything you've read so far! [:D]

Iverna - Aww, Wedge and Iella! Yay! I love those two. And that was such a cute moment. "It's a trap" indeed.
    And silly Wedge goes and falls for the trap.;) Thanks and glad you enjoyed!

dm1 - Love it, "It's a trap!" is one of the best known lines from Star Wars (that, and "I've got a bad feeling about this.")
    LOL so it is. I actually started at the line and contrived the drabble from there, it's as good a way as any to inspire a stuck muse.

Hazel - That was really great!
    Thanks! [:D]

LoriLynn - Maybe your next drabble could be about Jysella Horn and the Antilles girls talking about their overprotective male family members? That drabble could then serve as a jumping off point for our next collaboration? *nudge nudge*
    [face_whistling] Now we just need to decide what that collaboration will be, haha...

serendipityaey - you've definitely turned me on to Wedge/Iella and I hardly even know who they are. Okay, I have no idea at all who Iella is, but I like her, and that takes some real writing skill
    Excellent! :D (for the record, if you haven't yet looked it up, Iella is, of course, Wedge's wife- she first pops up in the X-wing series as Corran Horn's former partner in the Corellian Security Force). And she doesn't get enough face time in the books but she's a fun character.

SITH_MAYO - Best ending line..! I thoroughly enjoyed this! Thanks for the PM.
    Thanks! Glad you liked and you're very welcome for the PMs.

#22- Sabotage

Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn adopted near-identical postures as they stared down the two captives; arms crossed over their chests, heads cocked to the side, eyes narrowed challengingly, as they waited for either of them to break and spill their secrets.

But these two were good; ten minutes in, and they showed no signs of cracking.

“We want names.”

Silence.

“Addresses, rendezvous points?”

Obstinate silence.

Corran scowled. “Who masterminded the plan?”

The only reaction was a poorly-disguised eye-roll.

“Do the two of you realize just how much trouble you’re in here?” Wedge asked calculatingly.

The silence continued for another minute before the captive on the left- the surly one- shook dark hair out of her brown eyes and met the two men’s gazes evenly. “We’ll give you names- first names,” she emphasized with a quick glance at her cohort, “but I have a condition.”

The Jedi’s scowl deepened. “You are in no position to be making demands here, young lady.”

“Dad, I’m nineteen-years-old and can go out on a date if I want to.” Before her father could further object, Jysella glanced pointedly towards the closed door that led into the dining room. “Tell grandpa to stop threatening to bust their kneecaps,” she sighed.

Jaw working in frustration a minute, Corran finally relented and pulled his comlink from his belt. “Booster,” he murmured quietly. “Yeah… yeah… no kneecaps. Uh-huh. No, fingernails probably aren’t acceptable either. Right. Out.” He re-clipped the comlink. “Satisfied?”

Syal rolled her eyes again but met her father’s look unflinchingly. “Their names are Liran and Zander, they work maintenance in the hangar at the Jedi temple three times a week, and we’re just going out to dinner and a holo.”

“Where?” Wedge asked suspiciously.

“No,” his older daughter said immediately, “we are not telling you where we’re having dinner so you two can send Wes and Hobbie to do poorly-contrived and all-too-obvious surveillance on us.”

The guilty look Corran and Wedge exchanged made their intentions apparent to their daughters. They were spared from defending themselves, however, by the sudden chime that indicated someone was at the door of the Antilles’ apartment.

Corran went to open the door as Wedge called down the hallway, “Myri!” A door opened and light footsteps skipped towards the living room where the interrogation was taking place. “Your date’s here.”

What?” Syal demanded furiously. “She’s younger than both of us, why does she get to go out on a date without all the hassle?”

“Because,” Booster said sagely as he stepped through from the dining room, leaving two terrified young men sitting at the table, “your sister has a fine taste in men.” He beamed and turned to the newcomer. “Valin, my boy!”

Jysella groaned; Syal raised a skeptical brow. They spoke as one:

“Ew.”

Booster ignored them. “Now Valin, you take good care of Myri tonight, and have her home by twenty-two-hundred sharp.”

“Yes, grandpa.”

Syal just glared, narrow-eyed, as her younger sister disappeared out the door, smiling brightly. Before the door could slide shut once more though, two figures came bounding in from the other side of the hallway.

“So,” Wes Janson rubbed his hands together in excitement, “who are we spying on?”

The two girls just shook their heads mournfully. “How many does this make?” Jysella muttered to her best friend.

Syal shrugged wearily. “Three dates sabotaged, plus one that never got off the ground because ‘Face’ Loran rented out the entire cinema for a whole day’s private screening of his old holofilms.”

Wes looked startled and exchanged a glance with Hobbie. “You knew it was us behind that?”

“Please,” she glared with contempt. “Don’t insult us.”

“Well,” he said unapologetically as he settled himself comfortably on the sofa, seemingly unperturbed by his poorly-timed disruption, “look at the bright side-

“You can always date when you’re married.”

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    daughters and dates[face_laugh] and two over protective fathers and one grandfather[face_laugh]

Loved this=D= (and PM for the next one please:))

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] That was too funny. I love overprotective dads and grandpa!

Myri and Valin would make the galaxy's best couple! Someone needs to call DelRay up and make that canon!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ?You can always date when you?re married.?

Of course, at this rate those girls will never marry, so all is good.

I love overprotective fathers, but overprotective Booster takes the prize. [face_laugh]

8. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    If I were sitting on anything, I'd fall off of it, I was laughing so hard. But, fortunately, a futon is very close to the ground.
    Loved it! But... seriously, nineteen? Those dads (and grandpa) must be scarier than Darth Vader.

9. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Wes looked startled and exchanged a glance with Hobbie. ?You knew it was us behind that??

?Please,? she glared with contempt. ?Don?t insult us.?

These are Iella and Mirax's daughters you're talking to, Wes.[face_laugh]

Poor Syal and Jysella. They've got so many men in their lives looking out for them.

Myri and Vallin do seem to be a cute couple. That's something I'd like to see more of.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Myri and Valin -- cool pairing there!

Booster = intimidation x 3! LOL

Corran deserves a medal for ... surviving and Mirax for insisting ;)

[face_mischief]

11. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Aww they grow up too fast.. bless the daddys! ;) Still tho.. Myri was allowed off why?
    Such a funny viggie. :p Liked it all, especially this line:
    ?Please,? she glared with contempt. ?Don?t insult us.? The confidence in that was priceless.. can't tell who Syal sounded more like.. her mother or father?
    Great cast in this! Liked Booster's appearance!:D
    Cheers!
    S_M

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice story. I like the over protective fathers and grandfather. Could it be they are protective because they remember what they were like when they were young men?

13. LoriLynn

Aug 13, 2011
    ?Tell grandpa to stop threatening to bust their kneecaps,? she sighed.
    ?Yeah? yeah? no kneecaps. Uh-huh. No, fingernails probably aren?t acceptable either. Right. Out.? He re-clipped the comlink. ?Satisfied??

hahaha Yeah I wouldn't mess with Booster. I still can't believe Corran lived through it.

?No,? his older daughter said immediately, ?we are not telling you where we?re having dinner so you two can send Wes and Hobbie to do poorly-contrived and all-too-obvious surveillance on us.?
    Why do Wes and Hobbie always get the dirty work? Not that they really mind...

?Because,? Booster said sagely as he stepped through from the dining room, leaving two terrified young men sitting at the table, ?your sister has a fine taste in men.? He beamed and turned to the newcomer. ?Valin, my boy!?
    Good Lord, can you imagine if the Antilles and Horn families ever combined? That's a wedding that I would love to crash!

?So,? Wes Janson rubbed his hands together in excitement, ?who are we spying on??
    Yeah, they totally don't mind...

?Three dates sabotaged, plus one that never got off the ground because ?Face? Loran rented out the entire cinema for a whole day?s private screening of his old holofilms.?
    And now we drag Face into this? I think someone is abusing his authority. ;)

14. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Wow, it looks like I've missed quite a bit while I was away [face_hypnotized]

?No? no, I don?t want to talk about marriage, Qwi? it?s a trap??

You lucked out on saying that whole sentence Wedge, or else you would've been in serious trouble...

And for whoever it was who claimed that Rogues were impossible to catch ? well, CorSec always did set the best snares.

My favorite line by far :D

Now, as for the second little snippet -- absolutely hilarious! Although if those girls were really smart, Jysella would have pulled her lightsaber and threatened Syal with it unless everyone left them and their dates in peace. Would've resolved the whole thing rather quickly girls, just sayin [face_whistling]

15. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Earlybird-obi-wan - daughters and dates laugh and two over protective fathers and one grandfather
    :D It's just so easy in this universe... so many easily-riled men with daughters and sisters... [face_laugh] And added to the PM list! :)

Briannakin- Myri and Valin would make the galaxy's best couple! Someone needs to call DelRay up and make that canon!
    I'm glad you think so- I was a little worried that it would creep some people out since Wedge and Mirax are sort of unofficial siblings. But it seemed like a logical coupling to me!

Hazel - I love overprotective fathers, but overprotective Booster takes the prize.
    He does, doesn't he? [face_laugh] I figure Booster is twice the fury because he's like a foster-father figure to Wedge too.

Mondra - But... seriously, nineteen? Those dads (and grandpa) must be scarier than Darth Vader.
    [face_laugh] I'm fully convinced that Booster, especially, could strike fear into the hearts of the vilest villains. As for nineteen- I WAS going to make them younger, but Valin is too old, LOL, I had to make them older so that the age difference between Valin and Myri wouldn't be creepy.

Book-Geek - These are Iella and Mirax's daughters you're talking to, Wes.
    No kidding, right? :D Not to mention Corran - you'd think Wes wouldn't underestimate the daughters of CorSec officers.

Jade_eyes - Corran deserves a medal for ... surviving and Mirax for insisting
    I won't deny, the Corran/Mirax relationship is possibly my very favorite in the EU. :D They're written so well in the Xwing books, and it's such an unlikely pairing.

SITH_MAYO- Aww they grow up too fast.. bless the daddys! wink Still tho.. Myri was allowed off why?
    Well here's how I see it- Booster looked after Wedge after his parents died, and Mirax is sort of like a sister to him, so Syal and Myri are like adopted grandchildren to Booster. So for Booster, if Wedge's daughters have to do the inevitable and, you know, like guys, what better solution than to have one of them end up with Valin, who he trusts simply because he has Terrik blood?

Jedi_Lover - Could it be they are protective because they remember what they were like when they were young men?
    LMAO, I have to imagine that this is part of it- and the way Stackpole writes them, neither Corran nor Wedge seemed particularly innocent before they got married.. [face_whistling]

LoriLynn - Good Lord, can you imagine if the Antilles and Horn families ever combined? That's a wedding that I would love to crash!
    Quite frankly, I don't understand why this has not yet been done in canon...

pinkpearl89 - You lucked out on saying that whole sentence Wedge, or else you would've been in serious trouble...
    I think Wedge was about 3 seconds away from banishment to the couch- and possibly and 'accidental' elbow to the gut...

A/N: NOW - major thanks to pinkpearl89 for letting me play with her AU characters for this next drabble. [:D]
    For anyone who hasn't checked it out (and you all should), this viggie is based on a chapter from her Moments thread, an excellent compilation of Jaina/Jag based stories which, unlike this thread, follow a consistent storyline over several years. It's full of delightful cuteness and humor.
    THIS drabble is based in a viggie called http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/31508907/p5/][/url]Dreaded Dates (2nd viggie on pg 5).
    And it sort of follows a similar theme to Sabotage. ;)

Oh and lastly- the Boards are being annoying slow for me, so if anyone doesn't get a PM who requested one, it's because I gave up before the frustration led me to throwing my computer across the room.

#23 – Fathers’ Bane

“Jag… Jag… Jagged Fel!”

“Hm?” He didn’t even bother to turn, didn’t bother to face his own wife as she tried to get his attention. Instead, his eyes were riveted on someone else.

The fact that the someone else in question was their elder daughter Neilla was at once fortunate and unfortunate for Jag- fortunate, because he had never once looked at another woman in all their long years of marriage and Jaina fully intended to keep it that way; unfortunate, because he had explicit instructions to let their daughter enjoy her date with minimal interference, threats, or ominously hovering Royal guards.

“Jag, look at me.”

Reluctantly, he finally turned his full attention on his wife- and immediately felt a flush rush through his body at the look she was giving him, at once laden with both reprimand and desire as she looked him up and down in his full formal wear.

“Jagged, there are more than enough guards and ISS here who know full-well that Emperor Fel won’t tolerate so much as a kiss on the cheek between Loraq and Neilla; there are more than enough overprotective male Solo and Fel family members who wouldn’t tolerate hand-holding between Loraq and Neilla.”

“Myself included,” he grumbled under his breath. Jaina kicked him lightly under the table.

His eyes threatened to search out the young couple across the banquet hall once more, but Jaina caught them in her suddenly-sultry dark gaze and drew them back to her. “Now,” she leaned up and murmured hotly against his ear, “I think this whole situation has stressed you out; would you agree?” He nodded, eyes wide and self-pitying. “And I think, furthermore, that something might be done to…relieve… that stress…” her finger trailed random patterns against his chest, making him shiver even through the stiff fabric of his tunic.

“What ah…” he pulled at the collar of his uniform, finding it suddenly hot and difficult to breathe, “what did you have in mind?” His hands slipped absently around her waist as he pulled her over into his lap to better kiss her senseless. The shimmery fabric of her silver gown felt delightful under his fingers but sacrifices were a part of life and if he had to do to this dress what he’d done to the lace one all those years ago…

“Ah, kriff!”

He mumbled distractedly, even as his mouth moved against her throat, “That’s the spirit.”

No,” she hissed. “Up, Jag, get up.”

“Already there, dar-”

“Jagged!” she screeched as quietly as she could manage, “let me go and get up! My father’s coming!”

He released her instantly, eyes widening as he held his hands out to the side, as though to demonstrate his innocence from any perceived wrongdoing. As soon as she had collected herself though, Jaina seized one of those hands and led him quickly away, winding their way through couples on the dance-floor in the effort to dodge Han Solo.

X---X

The guests would never forget that night; for all of the Emperor’s Balls to come, someone would always bring up the year when the Emperor himself was seized by the elbow, dragged to the middle of the room, and scolded for all the place to hear by none other than Han Solo. Even the Royal Guards refrained from interfering- they weren’t stupid enough to get between a man and the man touching his daughter. Even if they were grown adults themselves, had been married for years, and had three children.

And if there was one person whose wrath they feared more than their boss’s- it was their boss’s father-in-law.

“—not some… some… trophy wife for you to parade around, you will treat my daughter with the respect she deserves and- -”

Jag nodded painfully, scowling around at the onlookers with as much intimidation in his gaze as he could muster- not a lot, while being publicly berated for daring to kiss his own wife- and wishing, if only fleetingly, that it would be acceptable for him to simply make these hundreds of people disappear.

He could start over with new Moffs.

But the worst- worse even than his father, sitting and nursing a lomin ale while laughing fit to burst, worse than Luke Skywalker fighting the grin as he pretended to try to calm Han down- the worst was when Neilla forced her way to the front of the crowd, dragging Loraq behind her.

She tilted her head quizzically to the side at the odd sight of this public altercation between her father and grandfather. And then, once she’d grasped the gist of what was happening, a slow smile spread across her face, a devilish grin that was all-too-Jaina, that spoke of promises of mischief- and even as he attempted to look at once repentant towards Han and stern towards Neilla, she reached down, eyes never leaving Jag’s, and clasped Loraq’s hand tightly in hers-

-and leaned over, and kissed his cheek.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] That is so Han! And Neilla is pure Solo! Great job! I really enjoyed that.

17. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ahahahaha, poor Jag. But I'm not sorry for him at all. [face_laugh] I love the image of Han dragging him off to give out to him in front of everyone. And with Soontir and Luke watching too. Hahaha!

And the ending is brilliant. Neilla really is her mother's daughter!

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hahahaha!!! That image will forever hunt Jag.

That was really great!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Isn't mixing/matching with other authors a blast - gives everything a streamlined tight feel to the characters =D=

I know the point is the dads don't want their girls to grow up and "have too much fun" on their dates [face_mischief] but the point also needs to be made, [face_laugh] that parents have fun too; I'm not dead yet - so what the grown ups need to do is leave the kids and their assistants to do all the heavy lifting while they go on the GFFA equivalent of a cruise!

Complete with much fun and fine music, lovely scenery, and large comfy suites and doors that lock and compagers conveniently left behind, by accident on purpose.

Yum!

20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nicely done! Han is a character. [face_laugh]

21. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Even the fifth time around (I've been rereading the PM you sent all day, lol) this is awesome :D

You did a wonderful job with Neilla, that is absolutely what she would have done in those circumstances. Funny enough, the version that I've been working on could almost be a sequel to this. Lol, maybe that will be easier to understand when I have it fully up.

I loved Jag and Jaina during the first portion, and the idea that the Royal Guards were more afraid of Han than Jag is absolutely hilarious. I loved the little touches of what, exactly, Luke and Soontir were doing as well :p8-}

But where was Jaina? I would have thought she'd stand up for her poor flyboy...or maybe she's just planning on making it up to him later...[face_love]

Again, amazing job, I absolutely loved it!

22. LoriLynn

Aug 13, 2011
    ?Now,? she leaned up and murmured hotly against his ear, ?I think this whole situation has stressed you out; would you agree??
    Tsk tsk Jaina. You're in public! [face_shame_on_you]

?No,? she hissed. ?Up, Jag, get up.?
    ?Already there, dar-?

[face_laugh] [face_whistling]

...wishing, if only fleetingly, that it would be acceptable for him to simply make these hundreds of people disappear.
    He could start over with new Moffs.

I say do it! Moffs are a credit a dozen in the remnant.

...she reached down, eyes never leaving Jag?s, and clasped Loraq?s hand tightly in hers-
    -and leaned over, and kissed his cheek.

Oh I like this girl! And I'm sure her mother was cheering her on the whole time! =D=

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I thought it was just me, my computer or the network that was being so slow, but it does appear to be the site.

Anyway, back to the drabble... You just have to love that everyone is afraid of Han like that!! Jaina starts up with Jag, and Jag gets in trouble with Han, delicious fun, and the irony of their daughter now turning the tables.

The reactions of everyone else to this scene were hilarious. I like Luke "pretending" to try and calm Han down. Just great!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Han and Jag[face_laugh][face_laugh] Solo's are at it again

Wonderful

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Three dates sabotaged, plus one that never got off the ground because ?Face? Loran rented out the entire cinema for a whole day?s private screening of his old holofilms.?
    [face_laugh]

Poor Syal and Jysella--and smart move on Myri's part!

bring up the year when the Emperor himself was seized by the elbow, dragged to the middle of the room, and scolded for all the place to hear by none other than Han Solo.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh Han. Time to let go, buddy.

Haha, smart one, that Neilla.