main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Silly Jedi, Scotch is for Stormtroopers.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK-616, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    You now, it's pretty easy for someone like me to start an official "Boycott the Mardi Gras" thread in the C2 forums...these dumb username colors makes people listen to me like my brain isa soo beeg or sumting...anyhow, I'm sure Jillian's wouldn't mind the extra traffic and dinero.

Just let me know...even though I couldn't go, I've still go TK-616's back. [face_devil]

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I called Billie P. the director of public relations at Simon Malls and left her a message of what happened. I told her that the security at the mall was very rude to us and told us "we were not welcomed here". I also informed her that in May there will be 25,000 + Star Wars fans in Indy and we will tell them not to go to Circle Center Mall because they are not welcomed there.

I had a great time with everyone but I agree things got a little "wierd" and "uncomfortable" to some people at the end of the night.

I would like to thank all the bars for the endless supply of water they supplied to me, Tk-616, Thraken-76 and The_Dancing_Ewok (I changed your name Ricky :) ). I would like to do it again sometime.

Thanks to Thraken-76 and Tk-616 (for still going out even though he was not feeling good)

I just saw on the news that a lady was hit in the head by a sock from a parking garage...anybody know about that :?

3. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I don't want there to be a general boycott of the mall just to punish the rent-a-cops. That would be terribly unfair to the innocent merchants in the mall. I think, perhaps, maybe letters written to the management of each store, detailing what happened that night, and our displeasure with the security issues, might be in order. Let us tell them what happened, so that they can be aware of the situation and perhaps they could mention to security that they WANT Star Wars fans in costume to be able to shop at their stores without being profiled and harrassed. Maybe a letter to Simon Management, also, is in order. Let's do this in a fashion that makes us look good in the eyes of the rent-payers of the mall, and mall management as well. I'm sure we aren't the first people who've been wronged mall security.

My two Republic credits,
    R2-B9

4. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    By my phone call Im hoping to elicit a positve response from Simon Malls. Im not calling for a full boycott of the mall. I wanna make sure that when C2 comes that SW fans will not be turned away from the mall for being in costume.

5. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    Thanks everyone who could come out with us. It was a blast. I'm not too put off buy the mall cops... Its really their loss. We have contacts at Lotus, and Julians. I say we promote the hell out of 'em. These places were VERY friendly to the SW crowd, and they should see the benifit when SWC2 is in town. Circle Center certainly was the ONLY place that was rude to us, any other place we skipped was just because they wanted us to pay cover. I think the message we need to send to the simon group is that "Hey, you're high school educated rent-a-cops, were rude to us, so you guys missed out on some free promos when an extra 20,000+ people are in town... sorry"

Lotus and Julians, maybe even Tiki-Bob's might want to hang some posters up around SWC2 time, and we might be able to help them with that.

Over-all it was tons of fun and I hope we can do it again. Maybe the Indy Knights needs some social chairs?

6. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    um... sock? what sock?

[face_blush]

7. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    It was dropped, perfectly understandable under the circumstances.

8. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Socks happen. ;)

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    You know what might be a good idea, too? To send out a letter to the establishments that did let us in (or in the Claddagh's case, invited us in), explaining a little further what was going on and thanking them for allowing us in like that.

10. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I've not heard of anyone stopping in Ike & Jonesy's or Hooters... I think the JediGuys need a Hooters night out. Yes, definitely. Imagine the photo opportunities. They'd probably even put one up in the restaurant.

R2-B9

11. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    That's a good idea, Cari.

12. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a good idea, George!!! :D

13. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm in...we gonna try to do this before C2?

Gregg

14. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Well, since there is no danger of the Pacers being in any playoff games, that opens up many more nights.. :D

I think we need to reconnoiter the downtown Hooters (without costumes) prior to the actual "night out"

15. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmmmm...the dancing ewok eh??

that has a certain ring to it....nevermind!

However a TK-0520 sounds good (ambers bday!)

16. Princessewok

Princessewok Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    First of all for those that were offended I apologize. We were all having fun, and that was all there was to it! I must admit the dancing ewoks and the bar dancing at Tiki Bob's was a blast! Thanks Cari for not letting me go up on the bar by myself! Still trying to get caught up on the sleep! Tk616 and Thraken-YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

17. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Offended??? Who got offended? What Happened?

How can you be offended by being out Drinking, smokin, swearing, waving guns around and watching Girls dance in cages. To me it was a day at Disney. That's 5 of the seven deadly sins. hehehe. I couldn't be happier, I'm still smiling.

TK616 is the Coolest Stormtrooper Ever! Boba Fett Kicks Butt! Whoooooooo!

18. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    So did Cari get up on the bar and dance? Dang, I'd have traded my Graflex to have seen that! Any pix??

R2-B9

19. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh the Humanity.
    I had a blast that is for sure. Three days later and I'm still in pain. I do want one thing...

PICTURES.

I know that there are some sweet pictures of the night that involve me and random chicks glued to the armor. Not only that, but did anyone see the the chicks at Tiki Bobs pull me into their web of lust and destruction...

It was sweet. I like their roaming hands...

- TK-616

20. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    You are my hero.

R2-B9

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes, i got up on the bar and danced with Heidi. And I hadn't even had *that* much to drink. Just felt like dancing. It was definitely a first for me, although I'm hoping there were no pictures of that. There is a picture of myself and Eddie Cheever floating around, though :D He happened to be at Lotus when we were. He's a pretty nice guy.

Anyways, there are some pictures that will be up on the website. I've got class tonight and a bunch of work today, but I'll be trying to get minutes pics, AotS pics from this weekend, and Night Out with TK 616 pics up in the next couple of days.

22. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Oh yeah!!

The dancing ewok..errr..I mean the bald ewok (soon to be TK 0520) needs pics!!

got to see the hot chicks on the TIE Pilot!!

23. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    What chicks Ricky? I was there and all I saw was guys patting you on the head.

Get your mind outa the gutter Jeff

24. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    What chics?? WHAT CHICS??!!

O' my dear dear lost and confused friend. It seems that our beloved and dear TIE pilot (soon to be TK 0520)couldnt keep the hotties hands off them at Tiki Bob's. (much thanks goes to Mr. Bob and his establishment!) Its so awesome to see the beloved empire's elite mixing it up....

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah I happen to remember, while dancing on the bar, that seeing Ricky was getting his groove thang on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.