main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silly MSN Article.......

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Robimus, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    http://movies.msn.com/movies/moviesfeature/dvd/george-stop-now/?GT1=28002

Read this this morning and met it with my usual shrug, the one I often use when media types try to get critical of George Lucas.

This article seems to be critical of Lucas for giving Star Wars fans what they want, plus makes many assertions about his film making prowess:p

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think I just saw that article on my way here. Why can't they just agree that people want to see the movie?

3. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I think that the main point people are missing, mainly critics, is that this is not a typical Star Wars movie. First off, it's animated and not live action. Secondly, it is a theatrical debut of a television series! It's never meant to be a standalone film but merely an introduction. It's just annoying to read the reviews of the critics who are trashing the film but loved one of the episodes that was shown.

4. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Funny review... only shows that they have not seen the actual movie and jumped to conclusions judging the trailers...

Well, they made fools of themselves.

5. jedi_dude77

jedi_dude77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    It seems like Star Wars bashing became the norm for 'critics' following TPM. I would say listen to what fans have to say rather than these people.

6. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Yeah yet another highly qualified but unemployable writer who can't hack it in the real world of journalism or film study gets CHnce to roll out his big five dollar words. Well done sir, well done. I applaud you the only thing lacking was a reference to Kubricks masterful filming techniques and a Birth of a Nation reference. His idiots guide to film study must have had its pages stuck together. Anyone else insulted by the comic book snub? A million dollar industry that has given some of the most banakble films in recent memory, but hey it isn't the ultra snotty New Yorker and it commentary on all that is cool, must have been a slow day for making Andy Warhol articles. You think if I give the writer a nickel he will dance for it? Dance monkey Dance. Popular Culture demands it so Dance. Ok enough of a rant why do I waste my time with this drivel

7. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    He talks about the trade offs of Lucas not making anything after THX.

He says sure, there wouldn't be an Indiana Jones, but then again there wouldn't be a Howard the Duck, which to him is a bright side.

Why can't this guy just be glad there were some things Lucas did that he liked along the way, and forget about the things he didn't like?

It's like cutting off his own head to get rid of a headache that he could easily remedy with a couple of asprin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.