main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silly Question About Laynards

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by VaderFanForever, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I just have a quick question...not being at C1 or 2, I was just wondering...will our names be appering on the front of the laynards we will be getting in the mail? I have bought 2, but now my wife is going. Do I need to break down and buy one more just for her? Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    No,if it's like last time they just had the words "SW Celebration 2" (or 3 in this case) on them. :)

3. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Has anyone actually asked GenCon? Didn't they put names on the GenCon badges? I figured the purpose of registering each person individually was so they could personalize the badges. My confirmation states the badge is non-transferrable. How do they know if it's been transferred if it doesn't have a name on it? Since I only need one (mine) I'm not real concerned but if you're buying more than one you might want to get an official response.

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    So does this mean you'll be able to make C3 after all, VaderFanForever? :)

5. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    DarthShona....Yep!! I was worried there for a while, but I am now able to go to C3!!! Not too sure about my Vader costume though. Last week, my wife and I were gone for a while, and the Vader was on a mannequin for display. I guess my dog was mad, so she pulled him down...cracking the face mask! So now I have it at a local body shop being worked on. I hope the guy will be able to fix it in time!! He has not been ablt to find the right kind of glue to make it hold. It is the DP Classic Action helmet. I have put a bit of money into it, so I hope I will have it in time! Wish me Luck!

By the way, I look forward to seeing you Darth!! I hope we can meet up somewhere!!

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    The reason for the preregister was so that when they mail out the badges, they can cross-reference with the Hyperspace database to check if you're a fan club member or not.

They did not do that at C2 as Wizards of the Coast also ran the fan club and therefore they already had said info.

They will not be personalizing badges.
    Could you imagine what would happen if they did that? They would then require photo ID to check and if they misspelled your name they'd say it wasn't you and then riots would break out and the 501st would be brought in to shoot everyone.

:p

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    ... the 501st would be brought in to shoot everyone

Yeah but don't worry... they'll miss!

8. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Wait, but why do they say the badges are non-transferable, it they aren't somehow to be linked to the actual purchaser? I ask because one of the guys in my group is thinkinghe might not be able to go, and he wants to sell his badge to another member...

9. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    *sigh*
    again.... they need the info because GenCon needs to verify if you're a fan club member or not. They don't want non-members getting laynards or the extra 4 'friends and family' passes.

edit:eek:bviously they are non-transferable for the will-call people.

As far as those that are having them mailed, I don't see why not.
    What they mean is this:
    You're a fan club member. Your bringing your family of 2 kids and the spouse. Say the spouse is not a club member, but the kids are(or not). You can't go in and order 4 fan club fourday passes. You need to get one pass for each person.

\My wife wasn't in Hyperspace. I had to sign her up in order for her to be with me to get in early and go to the members-only areas. I know, it sucks, having to have 2 subscriptions, 2 mags, even tho we live in the same house, but that's the way they want to run it.

10. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    DarthShona....Yep!! I was worried there for a while, but I am now able to go to C3!!! Not too sure about my Vader costume though. Last week, my wife and I were gone for a while, and the Vader was on a mannequin for display. I guess my dog was mad, so she pulled him down...cracking the face mask! So now I have it at a local body shop being worked on. I hope the guy will be able to fix it in time!! He has not been ablt to find the right kind of glue to make it hold. It is the DP Classic Action helmet. I have put a bit of money into it, so I hope I will have it in time! Wish me Luck!

Oh man, that sucks!! Your dog's not a Wookiee, is she? :p

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Darth Shona, no she isn't a wokkie...more along the lines of a wamp rat! Let's just say she is lucky to be alive!! I just hope my mask is done in time, because time is running out!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.