main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silly question, but would anyone be interested if I posted a rewrite of The Phantom Menace on here?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Oakessteve, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Oh, don't make him too arogent. PLEEEEEASE??

I'm still really likin it!

2. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Well, hopefully he's arrogant in a cool way! Here's the next part:-

INT. ROYAL STARSHIP-ENGINE ROOM

OBI-WAN, C-3PO and R2 are assessing the damage on the HYPERDRIVE GENERATOR. QUI-GON enters, followed by JAR JAR.

OBI-WAN: The hyperdrive is a T-14 model. They?re not exactly a common make, but we should be able to acquire one on this backwater world.

QUI-GON: Is there anything else that needs to be repaired?

OBI-WAN: Nothing that we can?t repair ourselves. Who will be going out on the surface?

QUI-GON: You?ve just volunteered, Obi-Wan!

OBI-WAN looks slightly shocked.

OBI-WAN: Me?

QUI-GON: Yes, you. It will be a good experience for you, vital for your training.

OBI-WAN: But master, I would prefer to stay behind to defend the ship.

QUI-GON: I am quite capable of doing that myself. Besides, we need to stop them from sending any transmissions to Naboo, and somehow I don?t think Captain Panaka will accept your authority.

OBI-WAN: I don?t trust him, master.

QUI-GON: (irritated) No, you don?t like him. There?s a difference.

OBI-WAN looks away.

QUI-GON: You shouldn?t find it too difficult to get the parts we need, but report back here regularly.

OBI-WAN: Yes, master.

QUI-GON: Get changed into some native clothes, too. Walking around with that lightsaber you might attract some rather unwelcome attention.

OBI-WAN: Yes, master.

OBI-WAN turns to leave.

QUI-GON: And you should take C-3PO and R2-D2 with you. They might be useful.

OBI-WAN: Yes, master. (He turns to JAR JAR) You better come with me, too. I wouldn?t like to think what Panaka might do to you while I?m away.

JAR JAR gives OBI-WAN a strange salute. OBI-WAN nods slightly to himself. He turns to exit the room, when PANAKA enters, followed by PADME. OBI-WAN tries to hide his resentment of the NABOO CAPTAIN.

PANAKA: The Queen wishes that you take her handmaiden Padme with you.

OBI-WAN: (trying to hold his temper) I think we have enough in the expedition already. I?m not trying to turn this into a party.

PANAKA: The Queen commands it...

OBI-WAN: Well, with all due respect to her Highness...

QUI-GON: (cutting OBI-WAN off) Take her with you, Obi-Wan.

OBI-WAN turns to QUI-GON, giving him an imploring look, but QUI-GON remains impassive. OBI-WAN, followed by JAR JAR, C-3PO, R2, and PADME, exit the room.

EXT. TATOOINE-DESERT

OBI-WAN is walking briskly ahead, with PADME and JAR JAR a few feet behind him, and R2 and C-3PO even further behind them. JAR JAR is carrying a large bag, full of supplies. The Royal Starship can be seen in the distance. They have been travelling for quite a long time. PADME and JAR JAR are rather sweaty by the intense heat of the double suns, but OBI-WAN seems unaffected. PADME walks along side the young JEDI.

PADME: How much further?

OBI-WAN: It shouldn?t be too long now. Keep walking. It?s good exercise.

JAR JAR: My thwisty!

OBI-WAN: Stop whining, Jar Jar. The droids aren?t.

R2 beeps.

PROTOCAL DROID: He said don?t complain, R2!

Suddenly a rumbling can be heard in the distance. It gets louder and louder. They all stop. Coming very quickly out of the distance, a herd of stampeding BANTHAS. JAR JAR is very scared, and so is PADME, but she tries to hid it. OBI-WAN grabs them both, pushing them a few metres away from the herd, quickly doing the same for C-3PO and R2. Just as the herd approaches, OBI-WAN jumps out of the way, barely missing them. Once the entire herd has passed, covering them all in sand as they run, OBI-WAN slowly gets to his feet. The JEDI dusts himself down, watching as the herd rushes off into the distance.

OBI-WAN: (to himself) Why does that always happen to me?

The JEDI walks over to help PADME to her feet, but she gets up without his help. JAR JAR holds out his hand for OBI-WAN to help him up, but the JEDI ignores him. He helps R2, and C-3PO. The GUNGAN gets up by himself, dusts himself down.

PADME: I wonder what they were running from?

OBI-WAN: Migrating, probably. I hope they avoid th

3. sither

sither Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2001
    I really like the Irony in the 3P0/Padme Conversation :)

I also still like where you're going with Jar Jar. My only problem with that is that half the time Obi-Wan seems to also be hating Jar Jar, and half the time he's supporting him. For example, he dislikes Panaka because of Jar Jar (or at least I think that's what you meant) and then he wouldn't help Jar Jar up when he wanted to be helped.

Also, it'll be interesting what you do with Obi-Wan going to meet Anakin instead of Qui-Gon.

-sither

4. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Yeah, it'll be cool with Obi-Wan finding Anikan! Also, thanks for having no love intrest between Obi and Padme', I can't stand that stuff ;) I don't think that love is in the air considering Obi-Wan didn't even want to bring her along!

5. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, really Obi-Wan is supposed to be very slowly coming around to liking Jar Jar, but he still finds him rather irritating, and embarrassing at times. He dislikes Panaka partly because of what he was told by Jar Jar about what the Naboo did the Gungans fifty years ago, and also because Panaka has a very low opinion of the Jedi. Or at least, that's how I hope it comes across as!

6. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Here's the next bit. Keep those nice comments coming! Hope you enjoy it:-

EXT. TATOOINE-MOS ESPA-CITY STREETS

OBI-WAN, PADME, JAR JAR, R2, and C-3PO are just on the outskirts of MOS ESPA. The citizens on the street are made up of a variety of different life forms, including HUMANS, WOOKIEES, JAWAS, and DROIDS, all going about their daily business. PADME is constantly looking around, taking in every detail, but OBI-WAN is looking straight ahead, not particularly impressed by his surroundings. C-3PO, R2, and JAR JAR are trailing behind them.

PADME: I?ve never seen a world like this before.

OBI-WAN: No, neither have I. The planet isn?t rich in any minerals, or any other natural resources. Most of the people who live here are either stranded, or here on business. There are a few moisture farm communities, but most of them are only doing it to make enough money to leave this place. No one would come here willingly.

PADME: Like us.

OBI-WAN: And this far the Galactic Core, people are free to do pretty much whatever they want. There?s no control here, only the Hutts and they can hardly be described as the best guardians against injustice.

Out of the crowd, a FAT ALIEN grabs PADME by the hand, pulling her closer to him. OBI-WAN is by her side in a flash.

FAT ALIEN: Di wana lunka?

OBI-WAN: (to PROTOCOL DROID) C-3PO, what?s this creature saying?

C-3PO steps forward. PADME struggles to get herself free, but the disgusting alien is holding onto her too tight.

PROTOCOL DROID: I believe he wishes to purchase Mistress Padme.

OBI-WAN: Tell him that she isn?t for sale.

PROTOCAL DROID: Di barta ne wana lunka.

FAT ALIEN: Choopa dugga!

PROTOCAL DROID: (to OBI-WAN) I?m afraid he isn?t willing to accept that. I couldn?t quite get the translation, but I believe he might take her anyway.

OBI-WAN sighs. He turns to the FAT ALIEN.

OBI-WAN: (waving his hand slightly) You will let her go.

Before the FAT ALIEN has a chance to respond PADME takes the FAT ALIEN?s arm, and hurls him over her shoulders, making the FAT ALIEN fall to the ground with a thump. He slowly gets to his feet, muttering to himself as he runs off into the city. PADME dusts herself down, smiling to herself. Several people in the crowd are now watching the group with interest.

PADME: I hate people who don?t take no for an answer.

OBI-WAN is a little taken aback.

OBI-WAN: That was a very dangerous thing to do! If you hadn?t interfered I might have been able to resolve this without any violence.

PADME: You?re overreacting.

OBI-WAN is even more taken aback. He is not expecting this type of reply from anyone, let alone a handmaiden.

OBI-WAN: Am I? What if he had been armed?

PADME looks down to the ground, obviously she hadn?t thought of that.

OBI-WAN: Well, we?ve only been here awhile and we?ve already been nearly trampled to death, and now you?ve made us an enemy. I?m beginning to see why your Queen wanted you off the ship in the first place.

OBI-WAN begins to walk away, followed by R2, JAR JAR, and C-3PO. PADME remains for moment, a scowl on her face. She catches up with the group.

JAR JAR: Wot are wesa doin? now?

OBI-WAN: Trying to find a trader, hopefully. (He looks around, and sees a large shop) We?ll try this one.

They all step inside the shop. A few moments later they are chased out by the angry shop-owner, cursing them in some unknown language. OBI-WAN turns angrily to JAR JAR.

OBI-WAN: Jar Jar, try not to touch anything that isn?t yours next time!

JAR JAR smiles apologetically at OBI-WAN. They go on walking, looking for other shops.

INT. NABOO-THEED-PALACE CELLS

BIBBLE sits in a gloomy cell, with a ray of light from the outside shining down onto his face. The door to the cell is opened, and a BATTLE DROID, WZO-8 enters. BIBBLE gets to his feet.

BIBBLE: I demand to see the Viceroy...

WZ0-8: (cutting him off) You will come with me.

WZO-8 raises its blaster. BIBBLE slowly exits the cell.

7. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Come on...comment on it, please!!!

8. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Hee hee! I love it! Padmé really *can* take care of herself! :D Keep up the good work!

9. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Obi-jerk! Be nice to Padme' she's impressing me! ;) Keep it up Oakessteve, I reeeeally like this story!

10. sither

May 3, 2001
    It's Great. When you started I didn't think it would veer that much from the story, but you have, and it's still great. There is definitely more tension between characters like in the OT. I love it, keep up the great work. (You Should make a movie :) )

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Yeah yeah! Make a movie! ;)

12. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, I have done, actually! It's not terribly good though...

13. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    I just found this and I really like the changes you made. Espacially that there is more character interaction. That was something that was really missing in the movie.
    And your Obi-Wan is great.

14. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, thank you very much! Here's the next part. Hope you all enjoy it:-

EXT. TATOOINE-MOS ESPA-CITY STREETS

A door is slammed in OBI-WAN?s face, making him stand back a little. He sighs heavily. He walks to where R2, JAR JAR, C-3PO, and PADME wait for him.

PADME: Any luck?

OBI-WAN: No.

PADME frowns.

PADME: We?ve checked nearly everywhere! Why is everyone so unwilling to help us?

OBI-WAN: Well, this place is probably quite a close-knit community. They don?t like strangers, they don?t trust them. If the worst comes to the worst we can always find a pilot with a ship who is willing to take us to Coruscant.

PADME: And probably at an extremely high price.

OBI-WAN: Well, I hope that won?t be necessary. Come on, let?s try one of the smaller traders.

As they go, they walk passed a stall selling strange looking food. PADME is rather disgusted by it, but JAR JAR stays, staying at the food, and rubbing his stomach.

JAR JAR: My hungry, Obi-One!

OBI-WAN: You ate just a moment ago, Jar Jar.

OBI-WAN, and the others walk away, but JAR JAR remains. The GUNGAN, checking to see that the stall-owner isn?t looking, quickly swipes a large fish off the stall, but he does it too slowly. A RODIAN grabs the GUNGAN?s arm.

RODIAN: Di lunka va? (subtitled) Are you going to pay for that?

JAR JAR tries to struggle away, but the RODIAN tightens his grip.

RODIAN: Da ne oocha looters! (subtitled) I hate shoplifters!

Out of the crowd, SEBULBA, a DUG, grabs JAR JAR by the neck, pushing the GUNGAN to the floor.

SEBULBA: (to RODIAN) Ni chuba yas? (subtitled) Is this the troublemaker?

The RODIAN nods. SEBULBA tightens his grip around the GUNGAN?s neck, clenching his teeth, and bringing his ugly face closer to JAR JAR, who is now terrified.

SEBULBA: Cha ne lucken looters! Es da di ya podoo. (subtitled) We don?t like shoplifters here. I?m going to enjoy killing you.

SEBULBA begins to throttle the GUNGAN. Stepping out of the crowd is ANAKIN SKYWALKER, a boy of about twelve years old. He has blond hair, wears grubby overalls, and his face has got a rather nasty bruise around his eye. ANAKIN walks towards SEBULBA.

ANAKIN: Sebulba, wana tri ya dooga un sise? (subtitled) Sebulba, you want to try picking on someone you?re own size?

SEBULBA: Boff ga, runt, di ya ne caz. (subtitled) Get lost, runt, this doesn?t concern you.

ANAKIN: Ya ne ure ablah na outlanders? Da un da lag. Ya ne poodoo. (subtitled) Haven?t you heard about the new arrivals? They?re trouble, and this is one of them. I?d hate to see you end up as bantha fodder.

SEBULBA: Chi wugga! (subtitled) I?m going to enjoy killing this creature.

ANAKIN glares at SEBUBLA.

ANAKIN: Da ne ya re ga. (subtitled) Let him go.

SEBULBA jumps off the GUNGAN, and glares at ANAKIN.

SEBULBA: Ne naxt temp wa ya, ya wa di! (subtitled) Next time, it?ll be your turn.

SEBULBA scuttles off into the crowd, muttering to himself. OBI-WAN runs towards JAR JAR, and helps him up.

OBI-WAN: (to JAR JAR) What happened?

ANAKIN: Your friend here upset the local bully. He?s called Sebulba, he thinks he?s a law onto himself.

OBI-WAN sighs, dusting the GUNGAN down.

OBI-WAN: You seem to have an unfortunate habit of irritating people, Jar Jar.

JAR JAR: (defensively) Mesa wasen unly trying to getten some fuud!

RODIAN: (holding up the fish) Quis a barta dus? (subtitled) Who?s going to pay for this, then?

OBI-WAN is about to reach into his pocket, but ANAKIN steps forward, handing the RODIAN a few coins. As OBI-WAN takes his hand out of his pocket, ANAKIN gets a quick glimpse of the JEDI?s lightsaber.

OBI-WAN: Thank you, my young friend.

ANAKIN: Don?t mention it. You?re the off-worlders everyone is talking about, aren?t you?

OBI-WAN gives the boy an embarrassed look.

OBI-WAN: Are we getting a reputation already?

PADME, C-3PO, and R2 walk towards them. ANAKIN stares at PADME for a moment.

ANAKIN: (quietly, staring at PADME) Some of you.

There is an awkward silence for a moment.

OBI-W

15. sither

May 3, 2001
    Good Job in the different way of finding Anakin. Seems more the will of the force :)

Only one problem. Remember Qui-Gon says in the real TPM "This is a haven for those who don't wish to be found. It seems that everybody doesn't know each other, and that it isn't a very close-knit community. Unless you're planning on changing that (which you probably are) it's wrong, because a lot of people pass through there in TPM. (You went against that in the following:

OBI-WAN: Well, this place is probably quite a close-knit community. They don?t like strangers, they don?t trust them. )

I don't know what you're going to do with the boonta, because so many outsiders/strangers view it.

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    That was great! I love your changes. Oh, I like that Padme is in it more too.

17. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    sither: Well, I didn't actually think about that line when I was writing that sequence, but I think it still makes sense, even though it is a mistake, really. I live in a small sea-side community (a bit like Amity of Jaws, but less exciting, and with a smaller-body count), and many of the locals, the ones who have lived there for ages, are very resentful of the tourists, and visitors. Also, as Tatooine is a place where no one would come to willingly, or at least stay on for a long period of time willingly, a lot of the locals would become rather jealous of the what they precieve as strangers (the off-worlders), as they have the ability to leave the planet, where as the locals don't. Yeah, I know, it's a rubbish explanation, but it sort of makes sense! Thank you all of your lovely comments (I need it after the week I've had!), and here's the next part:-

INT. WATTO?s JUNK SHOP-DAY

ANAKIN walks nervously into the shop, followed by PADME, JAR JAR, C-3PO, R2, and OBI-WAN. PADME, JAR JAR, and OBI-WAN are looking around. The shop is filled with broken DROIDS, SPEEDERS, and other types of broken and run-down technology. A TOYDARIAN, a strange blue alien, that is a cross between an elephant and a hummingbird, whose name is WATTO, floats towards ANAKIN.

WATTO: Qi naga temp nem da, booki? (subtitled) What time do you call this, boy?

WATTO raises his hand angrily, and ANAKIN flinches. OBI-WAN frowns.

ANAKIN: Chi du bartas ur, Watto! (subtitled) I brought some customers, Watto.

WATTO looks up at OBI-WAN, and smiles.

WATTO: Hi chuba de naga? (subtitled) How can I help you?

OBI-WAN: (to PADME) Let me do the talking. (to WATTO) We need parts for a J-Type 327 Nubian Starship.

WATTO grins.

WATTO: J-Type 327 Nubian Starship? Ah! You havea some taste, I see.

OBI-WAN smiles tightly back at him.

WATTO: Let me take you at back. I find what you need.

WATTO floats a door at the back of the shop. He beckons OBI-WAN to follow. OBI-WAN sees that JAR JAR has picked up a piece of machinery from off the shelf. He grabs it off the GUNGAN, and places it back on the shelf.

OBI-WAN: Don?t touch anything!

He turns to PADME.

OBI-WAN: (to PADME) Padme, keep an eye on Jar Jar for me.

OBI-WAN turns to C-3PO.

OBI-WAN: C-3PO, keep an eye on Padme for me.

PROTOCOL DROID: Sir, who will keep an eye on me?

OBI-WAN: Nobody will keep an eye on you, you?re a droid. Come on, R2.

R2 and OBI-WAN follow WATTO through the door. ANAKIN is sitting down on the ground, cleaning a droid head. He?s staring at PADME. PADME feels a bit uncomfortable.

ANAKIN: You?re not his servant, are you?

PADME pauses for a moment, staring at ANAKIN.

PADME: Who?s?

ANAKIN: Obi-Wan?s.

PADME: What makes you think that?

ANAKIN: I can tell from the way you stand...your manner. You?re used to giving orders, rather than following them.

PADME: Appearances can be deceptive.

Unnoticed by PADME and ANAKIN, JAR JAR grabs a small power pack from off a shelf, and slips it into his pocket.

EXT. WATTO?s JUNKYARD-BEHIND SHOP-DAY

WATTO leads OBI-WAN and R2 to a large hyperdrive generator, amongst the clutter of several other ship, and droid parts.

WATTO: Ah! You?re are in a luck, I?m the only one hereabouts who has one, yes.

OBI-WAN: (to R2) How is it?

R2 trundles towards the hyperdrive generator, studying it for a while. He beeps positively at OBI-WAN.

OBI-WAN: (nodding) It should be compatible with our ship.

WATTO: It would be cheaper if you were to buy a new one, I think...saying of which, how are you a going to pay for this, yes?

OBI-WAN: I?ve got 50,000 dataries...

WATTO: (cutting OBI-WAN off) Dataries? Republic dataries?

OBI-WAN: Yes...

WATTO: Republic credits are a no good out here! I needa something more real.

OBI-WAN: I don?t have anything else. (waving his hand) But credits will do fine.

WATTO: No, they won?ta.

OBI-WAN, rather surprised that the mind-trick didn?t work waves his hand again.

OBI-WAN: Credits will do fine.

WATTO: (annoyed) No, the

18. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Go on, have a read of it! Don't be scared...

19. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, here's the next bit. Hope you enjoy this part, too:-

EXT. MOS ESPA-STREET-ALCOVE-DAY

PADME, C-3PO, R2, and JAR JAR stand, watching the citizens of MOS ESPA go about their daily business, while OBI-WAN is talking to QUI-GON on a small comm-link. QUI-GON is in the COCKPIT of the Royal Starship.

OBI-WAN: ...And he?s not accepting Republic credits. I tried using the mind-trick on him, but his will is too strong.

QUI-GON: (V.O) And now you?ve blown any chance that we could barter with him.

OBI-WAN: Sorry, master.

QUI-GON: (V.O) You should only use mind manipulation techniques in the most desperate of circumstances. I hope you?ve learnt your lesson, my Padawan.

OBI-WAN: Yes, master. But surely we can put a call through to Coruscant? The Trade Federation doesn?t have the technology to trace a call from out here...

QUI-GON: (V.O) But the Republic has.

OBI-WAN frowns.

OBI-WAN: (concerned) Master?

QUI-GON: (V.O) Don?t let it trouble you, Obi-Wan. Another solution will present it?s self. Check back in soon. Out.

There is a buzz, and the comm-link goes dead. OBI-WAN frowns, deep in consideration. PADME walks towards him.

PADME: Well?

OBI-WAN: We could be stuck here for a very long time if events don?t turn in our favour soon.

PADME: Can?t we put a call through to the Senate?

OBI-WAN shakes his head.

OBI-WAN: Master Qui-Gon suspects the call could be traced.

PADME: But the Federation could never...

OBI-WAN: (interrupting her) It?s not the Federation Qui-Gon is worrying about.

PADME?s face is full of fear and concern.

PADME: The Senate?

OBI-WAN nods.

OBI-WAN: Qui-Gon felt there was something deeper to this. In the long term the blockade will gain the Federation nothing. Somebody out there has to benefit from it. But Qui-Gon has a very unfortunate habit of not telling anyone what he suspects until there is not one single shred of doubt in his mind.

JAR JAR walks towards PADME and OBI-WAN, and they quickly stop their conversation.

JAR JAR: My still hungry and thwisty! Can wesa goen and haven muchen now?

PADME: Jar Jar, incase you haven?t noticed, we don?t have any money to buy food or drink. You ate all of your supplies before we had even reached the city!

JAR JAR rummages in his pockets. OBI-WAN notices one of the pieces of equipment the GUNGAN stole from WATTO?s shop sticking out of his pocket. He grabs JAR JAR?s arm, and with the other pulls the piece of equipment from out of JAR JAR?s pocket.

OBI-WAN: (holding it up, anger in his voice) What?s this?

JAR JAR: Err...powurr source staybilliser?

OBI-WAN: (patronising) Yes, and what was it doing in your pockets, Jar Jar?

JAR JAR: Mesa always keeps one. Nevur know when it mightem come in handies.

OBI-WAN: You stole this, didn?t you, Jar Jar?

JAR JAR: Noah, noah!

OBI-WAN scowls at the GUNGAN.

OBI-WAN: I am a Jedi, Jar Jar. I can tell if you?re lying!

JAR JAR looks guilty.

JAR JAR: Well...Mesa unly tookened dem because mesa tought they mighten come in handies.

OBI-WAN: I told you, no stealing! Come on.

OBI-WAN turns away, and begins to walk briskly towards the street. JAR JAR and PADME run to keep up with him.

JAR JAR: Where are wesa goin?

OBI-WAN: Back to Watto?s store.

JAR JAR looks scared.

JAR JAR: But master Obi-One...

OBI-WAN: No, Jar Jar! Sometimes you have take responsibility for your actions.

OBI-WAN marches off, giving JAR JAR little choice but to follow.

20. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Come on, please say something nice!

21. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Something nice.

Just kidding. I like reading someone else's take on TPM. I'll be watching for more.

22. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Thank you very much. Hopefully the next bit will be on-line soon!

23. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
  24. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Well, here's the next bit. Hope you all enjoy it:-

INT. ROYAL STARSHIP-COCKPIT

QUI-GON sits at the cockpit of the Starship, his face deep in thought and concentration. PANAKA enters, and walks towards the JEDI.

PANAKA: Any word from your apprentice yet?

QUI-GON: Yes, and I think getting the generator will be slightly more difficult than I anticipated.

PANAKA: Your apprentice has failed already?

QUI-GON turns to PANAKA, and gives him a stern look.

QUI-GON: I have faith in him, you should too.

RIC OLIE enters the cockpit.

RIC OLIE: The Queen wishes that you go to her chamber at once. We?re receiving a message from home.

QUI-GON and Panaka exited the cockpit, followed closely by RIC OLIE.

EXT. MOS ESPA-OUTSIDE WATTO?s JUNK SHOP-DAY

OBI-WAN walks towards WATTO?s shop. JAR JAR is behind him, his head down, with a shameful look on his face.

OBI-WAN: It looks like it?s closed.

JAR JAR: Maybe tis time the suns set.

OBI-WAN: Possibly. You stay here with Padme. I?ll have a look round the back.

OBI-WAN marches off. JAR JAR walks over to PADME, C-3PO, and R2.

EXT. WATTO?s JUNKYARD-BEHIND SHOP-DAY

OBI-WAN looks around for WATTO, but can?t see him anywhere. Shaking his head, he begins to walk away, but notices ANAKIN, huddled up in the corner, his legs close to his chest, and his face buried in his hands. OBI-WAN walks towards ANAKIN, and kneels down beside him.

OBI-WAN: Anything wrong?

ANAKIN raises his head. He now has a black-eye, and his cheek is bleeding slightly. OBI-WAN winces.

OBI-WAN: (gently) How did that happen?

ANAKIN: It...it....it was my own fault. I should have been watching the store. I...I should have been watching the store.

OBI-WAN: (disgusted) Did Watto do that to you?

ANAKIN nods.

ANAKIN: One of you?re lot stole some stuff from Watto?s shop. I should have been watching the store...I...I should have been watching the store.

ANAKIN continues muttering to himself. OBI-WAN frowns, and gets to his feet, reaching the lightsaber hidden underneath his tunic.

OBI-WAN: (angry) Beating a child! I think it?s about time somebody taught him a lesson.

ANAKIN quickly gets to his feet, holding onto OBI-WAN?s arm.

ANAKIN: No! Please...don?t do that. You?ll only make things worse.

OBI-WAN looks at ANAKIN for a brief moment, and then nods. ANAKIN lets go off OBI-WAN.

OBI-WAN: You?re very wise for your age, Anakin.

ANAKIN looks embarrassed. They begin to walk towards the front of the shop.

ANAKIN: Well...it wouldn?t have done any good, would it?

OBI-WAN: No, I don?t suppose it would. (stops ANAKIN from walking any further) Look, let me do something about that cut.

OBI-WAN pulls out a small cloth and gently wipes the blood off ANAKIN?s face.

OBI-WAN: So, you don?t blame us for what happened?

ANAKIN: Well, I don?t like Watto anyway!

ANAKIN laughs uneasily. OBI-WAN smiles too.

OBI-WAN: I wish I was as wise as you when I was your age. (OBI-WAN has now completely cleaned the cut) There you go, and good as new!

ANAKIN grins at OBI-WAN.

ANAKIN: Thanks.

OBI-WAN gets to his feet, wiping the sand off his cloak. ANAKIN stands up too.

OBI-WAN: Anakin, you wouldn?t like to show us around your city, would you? I don?t think we?ve seen the best parts of it yet.

ANAKIN: There are no best parts, but I know a good fried womprat store!

ANAKIN begins to walk away, towards the front of the shop. OBI-WAN remains for a moment.

OBI-WAN: Womprat?!

Hope that wasn't too silly!

25. Syntyche

Syntyche Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    Just found your thread.

Nice job, ace.

Remember: lots of Obi. Loooots and loooots of Obi!

And post more soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.