main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silver Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    spooky-kid here from winston-salem. [face_devil] Can anyone talk to Sean and Felix to see if they can get the silver boba fett at the IQM since it's a summer conventions exclusive?

spooky-kid

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats a great idea. I'll e-mail Felix later today and see if this is somethign they are planning on doing or not.

That would be cool if they did :D .

3. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I just got a reply back from Felix. He said they are unsure as of right now but he said they are trying to get it.

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    F*#!ING AWESOME.I HOPE THEY DO.THANX FOR CHECKING IN TO IT.YOU'RE ALRIGHT JEDI_NATALIE.I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT YOU.CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AND THE OTHERS IN YOUR GROUP AT THE IQM. I'M ALSO GAME FOR A MEETING OF ALL THE NC FF GROUPS.ALTHOUGH MY GROUP IS SMALL AND ISN'T OFFICIAL YET-BUT WE HAVE OUR FIRST MEETING ON THE 26TH AT MY HOUSE.ANY LOCALS ARE WELCOME(WINSTON-SALEM AREA).HOPEFULLY THE MEETING WILL BE POSTED SOON.MANDY SAID SHE WAS GONNA TRY TO HAVE IT POSTED BY LAST NIGHT-BUT SHE'S PROBABLY REALLY BUSY.ANYWAYS HELLO EVERYONE IN RALEIGH-I'M SPOOKY-KID FROM WINSTON.
    [face_devil] MAY THE FORCE OR THE DARK SIDE BE WITH YOU...ALWAYS!

5. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    what they say about her? what DO they say about her?!? :eek:

6. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    hehe actually spooky-kid was just referencing something I said about the recent miscommunications between 501st/FF. But all is good :) .

I can tell your excited!!!! As are we about this convention :D !

I hope your meeting goes well!

7. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Looks like they did not get it, but Spooky-kid could you explain what the deal is with the Silver Boba Fett, what it is and why it's important? You know, for us uninitiated types... :)

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    uninitiated???

Well I can't believe you haven't heard of the figure I've been talking about,but here you go...

Well surely you've heard of the ToyFare Darth Vader that you could only get at the New York ToyFare show a year or two ago if you were a dealer at that show or you could get one from the Fan Club website for a limited time(of probably about 10 minuites).I still don't have one 'cos they sell for like $200 on ebay.If not it's a silver anniversary figure on a card that kinda resembles the vintage cards in a way.The figure of course is a metallic silver. Since then they've came out with a R2-D2 that was a exclusive at Toys R Us that you could get for free with the purchase of $20 worth of Star Wars merchandise. Well-now they have a Silver Boba Fett that you can only get at conventions this summer(Mexico,San Diego ComicCon...except the IQM 2{WTF-I love the IQM guys but I hate Hasbro for not letting them have this figure}).I've heard we'll be able to get them through the FanClub eventually but I'm still pissed the CA and Mexico Convention visitors could get one but we can't. Like NC AIN'T WORTHY OF HASBRO PRODUCTS!

Sorry-just needed to vent some anger & frustration(ever since I journeyed down the dark path it seems to be dominating my destiny). Well now you know what the big deal about the exclusive Boba Fett figure is.

I'm just an obsessive Star Wars collector/fan.

May the Force or the Dark Side be with you...Always. Spooky-Kid [face_devil]

9. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Remember the Boba Fett figure that was the 300th Star Wars figure Hasbro had done from a couple of years ago? Now imagine it painted metallic silver - it's the same one. But now they've put in on a cool cardback with the Mandalorian symbol and such. It's a cool looking figure, but hardly worth the $100+ that people on ebay are willing to shell out for it since it's essentially the same figure from before, just painted differently. The fan club will make it available for $10 when the convention season is over, but you'll just have to be quick to get one. If I get it there, great, 'cause it'll look nice with my silver R2 and Jorg Sacul. But if not, I won't lose any sleep without it.

10. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    I have ONE toy fair vader sitting on my shelf in a protective plastic encasement. I had two, but I sold one to this guy for like $100 last year. It is too bad I hadn't heard of the silver R2 or the upcoming silver Boba Fett in time, otherwise I woulda traded one of my darths for either of those. But I needed the money at the time, so I guess it was good enough for me.

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well if you ever want to get rid of the other one-Let me know.

spooky [face_devil]

12. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Silver Boba went on sale today at the fan club site. $10 with a limit of two. You have to have an Insider subscription to be able to order.

Oh, and BD, if you decide you'd like to trade TFV for a Jorg Sacul, let me know. :)

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Is anyone only planing on getting one that they might go ahead and get 2 and let me buy the other one from them? PM me. [face_devil]

14. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Got mine! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.