main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Silver Clone Trooper-fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    This coming Sunday-April 4th- the Silver Clone Trooper figure is supposed to be available as an exclusive at Toy R Us....
    I was in the Orland Park TRU yesterday....looking for figures...and seeing what they had...it was dismal...as usual....

anyway.....when I got to the check-out with the one thing I did find...I asked the Cashier if they were going to get a bunch of stuff in so people ACTUALLY had something to buy when the Silver Clone Trooper came out ....and she looked at me and didn't know anything about it...she stated that her section of the store was in the Action Figure area....so I stopped at the Customer Service Counter to see if they knew anything....they didn't know anything either...

sooooooooo.....what's up?

2. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    They cancelled the Silver Clone Trooper and are instead doing a Bronze Greedo figure...to commemorate his 23rd sculpt. The golden Greedo comes out next year. The 2nd & 3rd finger on his right hand will be in a slightly different position, it's very exciting.

3. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry funnnnnnnnnnnnnnny.....
    [face_laugh]
    well....at least someone responded....

hmmm.....bronze Greedo....not a bad idea....

but according to the Collector Forum...I guess it is not a new thing to have employees of TRU not knowing diddly until the very morning of the "exercise"...maybe that's why it is pretty screwed up.....

4. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    rebelscum.com had a scan of the TRU newspaper ad promoting the silver clonetrooper. i guess it's slightly possible that for some reason the Chi-town area isn't doing this promotion, but I doubt it.

so I'll be there sunday to do my buying thang for the first time in many moons! can't wait.

matt

5. Mapman

Mapman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    It was reported on RebelScum that the TRU in St. Charles has tons of them on the pegs already for $4.99.

I might just have to take a detour to my local TRU tonight on my way home from the train station...

6. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    The TRU in Schaumburg on Golf Rd. also has a ton of silver clones according to rebelscum. If you are reading this Sithman, and you happen to be driving by and have an extra couple of minutes, I'd be extremely grateful if you could pick up 2 for me. Thanks.

7. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    hot tip! thanks! i'll be there in less than two hours....

i knew hanging out with you sad sacks would pay off eventually.

matt

8. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Please Leave some for us poor fools who don't get home till 6:00 PM. Or at least stash a couple for me somewhere! ;) Damn job in the city... :(

9. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    Schaumburg TRU had no Silver Clone Troopers by the time I got there... :( DOH foiled again!

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I was going to be at the doorstep of the Orland Park TRU when they opened Sunday...
    then I got a call...to help do some prescription burning along the Old Plank Road Trail...so like a jack*ss.....I said I would help...and of course...the burn starts at 9:00 am and goes till whenever we are done burning....which is always an unknown....

so I have a friend of mine heading to the TRU in Woodridge with a list of stuff....hopefully...she will be successfull...and I hope to get to the TRU in Matteson when I am done with the burn since we will be burning at that end of the county.....
    :_|

....i must learn to say no....
    .....i must learn to say no...
    .......i must learn to say no....

11. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    bee doo bee...

12. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    It appears the TRU in Schaumburg and on Arlington Heights road figured it out and they don't have Silver Clonies on the pegs any more. SO I took some advice on Rebelscum and ordered them via Amazon/TRU.com. Although I just checked and it appears they are already out of stock.. :(

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ...and have I said in the last 10 minutes...

I am beginning to hate collecting....
    :mad:

14. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    is there a serious fear that the silver clonetrooper will run out?

when I got the silver R2 at TRU, i didn't go the morning first thing by any means...I recall that I was either there late the day they first came out, or even a few days later.

and they had MANY cases of them, just sitting behind customer service. i even got to go through the figs and pick out the one that was in best shape.

I'll probably go over there Sunday morning just for the thrill of the hunt, but I can't imagine them running out.

(KNOCK ON WOOD!)

anyone else have different info?

15. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    No different information, I just didn't want to have to spend $20 on stuff that I don't want to get a free figure, even if I was to just turn around and return the $20 worth of stuff, too much of a pain in the butt. I'd rather spend the $5 and get one and be done with it. The whole thing yesterday was that they put them out early so people were scrambling to get them without having to go through the hassle of the $20 deal. At least that was why I wanted to try and get one yesterday.

I wasn't collecting when the R2D2 deal was happening so for me it might have just been naive worry that I might miss out??

16. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    i'm probably just trying to reassure myself! i'm as paranoid as anybody. :)

i'm with you, though...i was hoping to avoid the $15 of spending to get the fig on Sunday. although those new Unleashed are relatively cool...at least the OT ones are. I like the Luke on Hoth one, and the Han one is kinda neat too. that's what I'll be aiming for when I hit my TRU on Sunday.

17. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    That's my problem I already have all the unleashed and I am not buying any of the new basic figures, and nothing else interests me (12 inch, ships, or vehicles) so I would be returning anything I bought anyhow. Yea I am one of those vintage collectors, with just a little modern thrown in...

18. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    my brief silver clonetrooper tale:

went to the TRU at addison & western on sunday. they couldn't find them.

they couldnt' find them!!! they had silver clonetroopers but couldnt' find them!!!

anyway. went back monday. none on the pegs, asked a manager, she comes out with a FULL UNOPENED BOX. i got first crack. :)

everyone else get one?

19. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    I ended up ordering 2 via Amazon. They both were in good condition. They even gave me a refund when the price changed the day after I ordered mine, granted I had to ask for it.

20. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Nothing, nada, none. I have to go update my Want List :(

21. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I got two. One from a fellow collector who already had 1 and sold me his extra (what a nice guy!) for $5. Then I bought a gift for my nephew at another TRU and got my second one that way.

22. Mapman

Dec 4, 2003
    I'd offer you my 2nd, but it's already going somewhere! Sorry... :(

23. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    by the time I got done with my prairie burn on Sunday ...it was 4:30 pm...I ran to the nearby TRU in Matteson....and there were like 4 left....and they were all pretty crushed..but bought one anyway.

I also had a friend staked out at the TRU in Woodridge...she got me a mint one....but...sorry...I am keeping my second "crushed" version too....

I did see them all over e-bay.....and they were going for around $6.00...

24. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some TRU in the area still had a couple...they had a case at each TRU at least, and you basically had to know about the offer to get it...there can't be that many SW fans in the area, can there???

oh wait. maybe so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.