main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Silver Mercury - A SW/Final Fantasy VII crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldSith, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldSith

EmeraldSith Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Title: Silver Mercury
    Author: EmeraldSith
    Timeframe: Two years before ANH, during Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    Characters: Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Palpatine, Vader, and so much more.
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi/Some Humor/Fantasy
    Summary: Star Wars/Final Fantasy VII crossover. When the people of a dying planet are invaded, old friends band together to stop the forces that are trying to awaken an old evil. Learn how the Force and the Lifestream are connected in the universe, and watch as the people of a backwater planet with insufficient technology manage to hold out against the Galactic Empire while the Nightmare that was spawned in Nibelheim reawakens to threaten all.
    Notes: I had originally planned to post this here after I completed the whole thing, because the original version is PG-13, so the one you read here is actually censored. I?m hoping to keep it as true to the original as possible, but no matter how I try to get around it?the FFVII characters curse quite a bit, so really it?s just some of the dialogue that?s omitted. Anyone who?s interested in the original just give me a PM.

Prologue ? The Dancing Flames

It was the essence of true malice. An entire village up in flames, complete with the screams of terrified villagers and the scent of charred bodies. Alone he stood in the flames, amidst the destruction and chaos that he had caused. Impervious to the flames that surrounded him, he glared with glowing green eyes at those who he made to suffer. Watching them, a spiteful smirk appeared on his face, reflecting the evil that he was. Then he turned away and walked slowly into the flames, his long silver hair flowing behind him, and his trusted blade at his side?

When Palpatine opened his eyes the flames were gone, as was the silver-haired man who had caused them. With a content smile on his face he gazed out of the window and down at the magnificent city that was his. He was not exactly sure whether what he had witnessed was part of the past, present, or future, but it mattered not; it was glorious nonetheless. He could sense the hatred from the silver-haired man, and the sheer amount of it made Palpatine grin at the thought of just how much that man could possibly achieve. The man was force sensitive; that much was clear, for it was not uncommon for Palpatine to detect a force-sensitive?s presence from long distances. The only problem was finding the supposed force-sensitive.

Soon enough, Palpatine realized that he had nothing to go on, and that finding the silver force-sensitive would be close to impossible. Palpatine seethed in anger, his horrible red-yellow eyes reflecting the rage he felt. He would have to wait for more signs put out by the silver-haired one before he could take any action. What a shame, he thought to himself. The silver-haired one had so much potential; potential that Palpatine was more than willing to use to his own advantage. Knowing that there was not anymore he could do, Palpatine turned his attention back to the city ? his city ? and watched over his great Galactic Empire once more.

AN: Short, yes, I know, but that's just the prologue, the actual chapters are much longer, I promise. Expect an update very soon.

2. EmeraldSith

EmeraldSith Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Chapter One: Another World

?So cold?I am always by your side??

Laughter as chilling as ice and as menacing as a demon?s cackle woke Cloud Strife just before the sunrise. A vision of piercing green eyes was soon replaced by the rays of the sun shining down upon his face, immediately giving him comfort from his waking nightmare. After sitting up and rubbing his deep blue eyes, Cloud stared down at the flowerbed just below him. The sunlight poured down upon the vegetation, making the flowers seem livelier than he had ever seen them before. Cloud gave the flowerbed a sad smile, suddenly reminded of the chestnut-haired girl who used to tend to the flowers daily.

Cloud stood up from the oak bench he had been sleeping on and stretched, momentarily looking around the empty old church in which he resided in. The Sector 6 church was the only place in the dark city of Midgar which ever received any sunlight. The rest of the city was shrouded with dark gray clouds, which had developed from the years of pollution the city used to give out. Just two years before, the people of Midgar decided to change their ways by shutting off the energy-sucking smog creating reactors, feeling that it was necessary in order to survive, and keep the Planet alive as well.

Cloud pulled a black, sleeveless top over himself and zipped it up, just before sitting down and strapping on his boots. The last thing he did before heading out of the church was strap on a long black sleeve over his whole left arm, concealing every bit of skin on it from the world. Once he was outside he approached a sleek black motorcycle, which was chained securely onto a pole.

?Don?t think we?ll be going far today, Fenrir,? Cloud said quietly to himself, although it sounded as though he were talking to the motorbike itself. Unlocking the chain, he mounted the motorcycle and sped off down the debris-cluttered street.

Much of Midgar was the same as it always was; dull cloudy sky, with trash and debris covering roads that were in great need of repair. Cloud passed many people who walked down the street, their heads bowed and their hands in their pockets, wearing tattered and dirty clothes with no where to go except for the nearest shelter incase acid rain were to fall down from the gray sky. This was the way it always was, for Midgar was a giant slum, with really no hope of ever restoring itself to a healthy civilization.

It did not take Cloud long at all to reach Sector 7. The environment just as depressing as Sector 6, Sector 7 held many people who were homeless and scouring for food. Cloud eventually made it to a brightly lit two-story building which held a bright sign that read, ?Tifa?s Seventh Heaven ? Revamped.? Cloud made sure to chain up the motorbike before entering the building?s doors.

Tifa?s Seventh Heaven was a pub, and apparently it was slow that day. Empty tables and chairs took up the whole room while soft rock music played from the jukebox in the far corner. Cloud looked over to the bar, where a slim dark-haired woman was cleaning a glass, her back facing him.

?Sit anywhere you like,? she said in a pleasantly comforting voice, her back still towards him. She opened her mouth to say something more, but when she finally turned around to look at him, she only stood there, looking astonished. ?Cloud??

?Tifa,? he replied without emotion.

She flashed him an empty smile, but the worry in her deep brown eyes was apparent. ?You?ve been gone for weeks. I was starting to think something had happened to you.?

Cloud approached the bar and took a seat. Running a gloved hand though his spiky blond hair he said, ?No, I?m fine.? Tifa stared at him, wanting to inquire if he was sure about that, for he looked pale to her eyes, but knowing that it would annoy him she decided not to.

?Want anything to drink?? Tifa asked, placing the glass she was cleaning on the counter top. ?The usual?

?Sure,? said Cloud as she turned away from him to prepare it. He was staring at the thin pink ribbon tied around her bare arm. He knew why

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.