Beyond Simple and Clean (J/J, J/Z, & J/K, kind of sad) song-fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neobi_Kenobi, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    The song is Simple and Clean by Hikaru Utada

Author's Note: The story isn't in order of how it happened. It takes place during NJO and after.

Disclaimer: I don't own the song or star wars, if I did everyone would know about it.

When you walk away
    You don't hear me say please
    Oh baby, don't go
    Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Reaching over, to the table next to the bed, Kyp picked up the beeping comlink. ?Kyp here.?

?Kyp its Luke, I need you to be ready to go on a mission in five.?

?Five what Luke??

?Five minutes. Sorry about the late hour but it can?t wait.?

Pushing herself up Jaina wrapped an arm around him. ?Please don?t go,? she whispered into his ear before kissing it.

?I have to, we both know that.?

?But it doesn?t feel right when you?re not here. I don?t feel right. Please, tell Luke you can?t go,?

Kyp turned to face her and with the pale light that was in the room felt his heart break as he realized she is crying. ?I?ll be back soon.?

?That is what you said last time,? her voice cracked with tears, ?And you were gone six months. Please, don?t go.?

You're giving me too many things
    Lately you're all I need
    You smiled at me and said,

Don't get me wrong I love you
    But does that mean I have to meet your father?
    When we are older you'll understand
    What I meant when I said "No,
    I don't think life is quite that simple"

?My father wants to talk with you,? the breathless Jaina said as her and Jag came to a stop from their morning run.

?Han? Why??

?Probably to drill you about our relationship, and then freeze you in carbonite when he hears that we are in a relationship.?

Taking Jaina?s arm and he pulled her up against him before passionately kissing her, her mouth opening willingly for him. Jag, pulling away reluctantly, spoke barely above a whisper, ?I love you more than anything, but I don?t think it?s the right time for me to meet your father.?

?What? Why??

?Some things in life aren?t that simple and well, you?ll understand when we?re older.?

When you walk away
    Oh baby, don't go
    It's hard to let it go

Kyp stood there in shock, then slowly realizing what had just happened, wrapped his arms around Jaina.

?What?s wrong Kyp?? Jaina asked looking up at him.

?Nothing you just scarred me that?s all,? Kyp replied taking a step back from her.

?If you?ll excuse me I have to go give my report to Luke,? Kyp said already beginning to walk away from her.

?Wait please don?t go, you?ve only just got back,? Jaina pleaded.

?I have to, I?m sorry Jaina.?

?But I missed you,? she said as Kyp walked away, missing the words meant for him.

The daily things that keep us all busy
    Are confusing me
    That's when you came to me and said,

"Wish I could prove I love you
    But does that mean I have to walk on water?
    When we are older you'll understand
    It's enough when I say so
    And maybe some things are that simple"

?Why should I believe you?!? Jaina screamed. ?You never meant it when you said it before!?

?Jaina, I love you! There are only so many things I can do! I shouldn?t have to perform some miracle to prove it!? Zekk cried back at her, broken hearted that she did believe him.

?I?m just so confused,? giving up the screaming Jaina slumped to the ground as she spoke.

Kneeling down in front of her Zekk takes her hands in his. ?Some things in life are simple enough to just be said. We?ll understand such things when we?re older but for right now please just accept that I love you, Jaina.?

When you walk away
    Oh baby, don't go
    It's hard to let it go

Jaina sighs, contently in Kyp?s protective arms. ?How long will you be gone this time??

?Only a month, at least that?s what Luke thinks it will take me,? he says as he twirls a
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yay, I get first response! :D

Um. I'm confused!!!!

Dana
  3. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. duskwings Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree, it's confusing . . . but I think I get it. Sort of. Not really. I think it's pretty much saying that what Jaina needs it not love, but friendship . . . or no, that's wrong. Or maybe that's right. She tried to have relationships with all three because she wanted to find something steady in life, but none of them really were rocks for her in their relationship--Jag didn't want to marry, Kyp refused to stay with her, Zekk said she didn't love him. Maybe it's talking about the infidelity of guys and how they say they want love, but they don't, and it's really just friendship with a little more. Or maybe it's supposed to be confusing, with all sorts of points you can or cannot get from it

All right, I think with that rather long bit of rambling, I've proved that I'm confused. And I'm probably completely off-base for all of those attempted explanations . . . I'm confused. :confused:

-duskwings
  5. Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    DantanaSkywalker Thanks for the first post!
    JainaJag00 I'll clear that up in a sec.
    duskwings Very interesting, I never really thought of it like that.

Well I like stories or one-posters that allow you to make up your own mind, kind of like what duskwings did. It can be taken as Jaina never really getting what she needed out of three guys close to her. Or it could be that J/J happened first and Jag died or it didn't work out, then J/Z happened and he left because he didn't think she loved him, and then J/K and she and Kyp have a good relationship going but it isn't exactly what she wants but she takes it anyway. They are all possibilities.
  6. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow....now this was certainly interesting...

I loved it......I was a little confused at first I admit but after reading the replies I think I set up an idea of my own :)
  7. Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    C3SoloP0 Thanks! Ya it is confusing but I'm happy you came to your own ideas about the endding and what is going on.
  8. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    At first this made my head spin. But then i thought about it and it kinda made sense. It was certainly a new way to see j/j/k/z

Jez
  9. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I enjoyed it thoroughly because I could fill in my own gaps. Pretty much the point I get is that no man has given Jaina everything she needs.

Very nice!
  10. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awesome postie...a little confusing...but i loved it...i think i understand...it didn't go in order...but skipped around between the three loves of her life...awesome job!
  11. Rogue11JS Jedi Master

star 4
    Confusing?

Only at first but i think i get it...

Great job...

You tied everything in together really well.

MORE SOON????

~Rogue
  12. Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jez_3-14159265358979 Wow, long user name. It made my head spin while I was writing it. I was like "Who is this again? Oh ya Jag! Wait did Jag come before or after Zekk? (in my little world not related to NJO)
    TKeira_Lea Thanks! I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.
    Lt_Jaina_Solo [face_blush] I wouldn't call it awesome. Thanks!
    Rogue11JS Are you trying to kill me?!? I could barely write one post! But thank you so much. If you like this you might want to check my bio. I have other J/J one-posters in there. Umm one is Dear Father and one is the latin titled one.

Thanks again!!!
  13. jedi_bounty Jedi Master

star 3
    I like this, and I'm not confused! It makes perfect sense in my mind. Maybe it's because I've written something similar. I think that in here one of the main points is that Jaina needs love, but love starts with friendship, and even though she had it with all of them, I think it scared her to take another step with them. It also sounded like Jag dies, Hallelujah! Sorry, I'm just a strong Jaina/Kyp supporter.

I really liked this!

JB
  14. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job, I loved the way you bounced back and forth from relationship to relationship, showing the differnces and simularities. Wonderful emotions. :)
  15. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Confusio, very confusio, def interesting
  16. Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    jedi_bounty Thanks! It's ok about the whole J/K thing, I have to admit that I kind of lean a bit to the J/J side but if I find a J/K fic that I like I get really pulled into it!
    Princess1 Thank you very much.
    Elfsheen Thanks?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.