main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Simple idea for getting the IGN era images to show.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by R2-DK, Feb 28, 2013.

1. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    Don't try to get them to display full size, just get them to show up as thumbnails like they were on the old boards.

I don't know if the XenForo code is capable of doing thumbnails, but if it is, then a simple code that uses the same [image=url] markup to display linked images in a small 4x3 thumbnail would allow all images posted in all threads in the past to be visible, without mods having to go through changing each post in each thread individually.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The problem we've had with that particular markup code is that it doesn't have an ending tag, like [/image]. Unlike the other markup codes that we've been able to add for compatibility, that one can't be added like the others and therefore won't work. That is, until such a time when someone smarter than me can program a custom plugin for it, or figure out where in the inner workings of Xenforo something like that could be implemented.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Plus there's some kind of bug involving image links that doesn't allow us to do much of interest with the markups. Otherwise, by now you would be able to resize the pictures you post. Believe me, we tried.