main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Simple Question (I Hope)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by FatBurt, Dec 25, 2011.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Is the game worth getting?

I play Guild Wars on a regular basis (quality game and no subscription fee)

I've played WoW burning crusade and managed a whole 2months before I got fed up with the tedium and general lack of direction/story.

In a nutshell how different is SWTOR to the above?

Is it worth me shelling out £40 for the game along with the subscription? or is it essentially WoW in space?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not played WOW but if you're worried about lack of story then you shouldn't worry about TOR because story is what it has been built around. Each class has a personal character storyline which branches out depending on where your character goes after level 10. You also get light and dark side options when conversing with NPCs which means decision making is not so easy if you're trying to influence certain people or aiming for a certain path.
    I've yet to go into space but I hear combat is fun if a bit linear.

My main issue with the game is not lack of story or things to do it's lack of customisation. I find it weird that my Bounty Hunter can only have a blaster pistol, on Galaxies I could simpyl use whatever weapon I purchased unless it was class specific. Why should a Bounty Hunter be allowed to use heavy weapons or rifles? I assume such things will come in time so I'm happy to sit it out and wait.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Is the game worth getting?

I've never played an MMO until now so I can't compare to other ones. However I've played both KOTORs (and other Bioware games) and if you enjoyed them I think you'll enjoy this. In a lot of ways, at the early levels I've experienced anyway, it feels very familiar. I'm really liking the stories for my characters and feel very invested in them and love all the recorded dialogue (it really brings the game to life). Considering I'll eventually end up playing all 8 classes to get all the different stories I think it has a lot of replay value so for me its been very worth getting.