main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Simple Star Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Hey I finally made my jedi costume! With a bit of insparation form DS [ie karate suit] so i would like to here what everyone else is going as.

This will be fun!

2. Jedi_Master_Peter

Jedi_Master_Peter Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    do you mean, what is everybody else going as to the AOTC premiere???

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    yeah. sorry. i should have made it more clear.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Well I was going to be going as a Jawa, but we didn't have the money to get the mask... So currently I am going as myself... There is no way I am going to dress as Amidala agian... *shudder*... Ummm... yeah... [face_blush]

5. Jedi_Master_Peter

Apr 28, 2002
    i hope to go as Darth Maul, but i havent started making my costume, i have no idea were to start, so i dont know if im going in costume yet or not. If anyone out there could help me, i would be VERY gratfull :)

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    You can always cheat and hire it... Apparition Costume Hire has a perfect one, complete with mask (PM me if you want more details).

If you don't want to hire, are you prepared to shave your head? Coz then all you need is to find some little horn type things, or make them out of styrofoam or something... And you need some red and black makeup and someone who is artsy to paint the tattoos. Don't use greasepaint or actual paint. If you use greasepaint it'll basically sweat off you onto your clothes and it feels horrible on your skin anyway... And paint, although it looks nice, cracks once it is dry... A friend of Soup's used paint, and he couldn't move his mouth to talk!! I know Apparition has some really nice pancake makeup that doesn't sweat off, and it feels good on your skin, but it's rather expensive...

Anyway, the costume would basically be a black long-sleeved karate uniform, black pants, a cape (if you want to), long black leather motorcycle gloves/boots... Then you can go and get a length of leather-look material that's a decent width for the belt (basically a long rectangle). The figure I'm looking at has no buckle, so you just need velcro or something to fasten it at the back, and you're all set... :)

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd like to go dressed as a rebel soldier like the ones at the beginning of ANH. Still need to get a couple of bits and pieces to get it looking as good as I'd like. If I don't get the bits I'm after, I'll proably still go like that, it just won't look as good. :p
    Susie's planning on wearing the costume she was wearing in this picture.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I;ve already asked Fallen Angel but does anyone know where i can get a jedi robe [u know the big bagy cloak thingy]. i know they have ones at appirations, but they dont part down the middle!!

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I was checking out some of the other boards and they have a Costumes and Props board going... I went through some of them and found this site which has decent pictures of Darth Maul's costume and make-up.

It also has a Jedi Knight costume.

Hope it helps. If not, check out that board that I linked to at the top, it has heaps of discussions about various things. Worth checking out.

10. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I spent today making a cool lightsabre hilt to go with my completed costume, and damn it looks good...... I will try and get some pics of it up and posted as soon as I can..... and in total it cost me under $16.50 to make.

SWEEEEEEEEET!!

DS

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, it's your turn to help me now... But first, let me warn you of a slight spoiler. I want a costume that is from Attack of the Clones, so if you don't want to know anything about the costumes, don't click on the link.

Anyway, I want to make something similar to this costume, but I can't find any decent close-up pictures of it. I am told that it is in the visual dictionary, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to scan and e-mail me those pages, or if I could borrow this book of anyone. Failing that, can anyone point me in the direction of where I might be able to find detailed close-ups of this outfit? I have looked through the Costuming and Props thread, and I have asked posted a thread in the Spoilers forum... I've also looked at various websites, but they don't have the pictures I want. Can anyone help me please?

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Well i dont meen to advertise, but i own a shop in bicton that might have bits and pieces to help you make that. Are you interested, and it aint expensive.

13. DavidTBrookes

DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Does anyone know where I find a Jedi Robe similar to the ones Obi Wan and Qui Gon wear in Episode 1? I was thinking of getting dressed up as a EP1 Jedi.

14. DavidTBrookes

DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Darth_Soup - could you either post or email me instructions on constructing a lightsaber hilt because I am going to need one to go with my Ep1 Jedi Knight costume.

15. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    you could just paint yourself blue and u could be a jedi spirit? lol..

16. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Here is probobly the best site on the net for info about lightsabres.

I cant really tell you how to make one, I just go out and think about it and modify it as I go.

Mine is very simple yet elegant, and was based upon a mix of Anakins Ep2 Sabre, Vader's Sabre, and Kyle Katarn's JK2 Sabre.

The one thing that you have to take into account is what you know how to work with, and what materials you can get hold of within your budget. I was going to make mine out of aluminium, but as my father had just redone the retic in his front yard, I had a ready suply of 25mm piping. And PVC piping is easy to work with if you have the patience to do a lot of filing and sanding to get the shapes that you want, the blade emitter on mine took about 2 hours worth of shaping before I was happy with it.

Best way to start is to figure out what you want and design your sabre, and then find bits that could work as part of your design, or if you see something cool, work it into your design.

After AOTC, I may hold another Lightsabre crafternoon, where I can teach people how to make sabre hilts and the combat sabres and we can have a jolly good smash up :)

I hope this has helped you.

DS

17. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Damn FA thats a nice costume you've pciked out, it wood look really good if you make it. The black top bit looks easy enough (although I'm no costume designer) although it looks as if its a dress or it could be two separate pieces as well I suppose. Whats that long black thing thou?

LOL :D SJ trust you to come up with something like that, it was good thou, I laughed :)

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    SK - From what I have read, and other people have said, it is a two piece costume. People are saying it is a leather corset, but it doesn't look leather to me. The long black bit is a scarf of some sort with some black beading through it.

19. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I was sort of thinkin the top bit might be a soft plastic or even satin feel. The bottom piece seems to be like a fish net (the terms may not be correct) with patterns on it. It looks as if it would be see through in some areas and therfore would require some under garment. Although it might just look see-through because of the black & gold design and yeah braided hair or beads of some sort for the neck piece.

Either way, a very simple but very nice costume picked.

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I couldn't load the picture you posted FA. WHich costume is it? One of Padme's?
    Susie for a long time has been planning on making a costume like the black outfit Amidala wears at one point. The one with the feathery headdress.
    Anyway, I have the visual dictionary so maybe I could bring it around when I bring the ticket money.

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    soneil, the picture is from Episode 2. It's what is know as the leather corset picture or something... Try going here to look at it.

22. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    I think I will show up as iiBorg.

Oh, wrong genre.

erm, hows iiBorg sound?

23. Jedi_Master_Peter

Apr 28, 2002
    i finnaly got my Darth Maul costume organised. im going to hire it, i cant be bothered making it, so ill just spend a few dollars on one

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey Sith Jester, how about going as iiBinks!

25. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    If I could find a red blanket and a red bucket I could be an imperial guard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.