main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Simple way to subtitle?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Krapitino, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    If I were to subtitle a film, is there a simple and/or easy way to do it? Or must I slap titles on and do the timings in my NLE?

2. Generic_Jedi

Generic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    Usually, titles in Premiere work just fine. Although, you would have to make a whole bunch of them if you are subtitling a whole movie.

3. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    A someone who does most of my movies in French, if I want to show them to my online friends I have to subtitle them. The first one, I added a black area in Premiere and used the title feature.

Then for a couple occasions I actually did all my subtitles in PS first, on a pure blue background, white writing with a 3 pixel black stroke. Then, bluescreened it in Premiere (its keyer is bad, we all know it, but for pure blue it's ok).

Every time I subtitled a film, I did what you're realizing you'll have to do : time them in your NLE.

4. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Feh... I suppose that no one has made a WMV/DVD/QT Titler where you input your text with line breaks and can do basic timings by tapping keys? Or some other brilliant system?

5. Blaal_Bemon

Blaal_Bemon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Being french canadian and shooting my movie like real soon, I could use that indeed...
    I just didn't thought of asking it since no scenes have been shot... yet...but soon...

So... anyone with the "Know-how"?

6. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm experimenting with subtitles on SVCD right now. So far I havent gotten it to work. Maby I will post tests when I do get it to work.

SWmaster

7. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    For anyone interested in seeing how my -time consuming- way of doing subtitles looks, here is something I did quickly one night for people in the chat room. I think I got a pretty good method after experimenting on a few movies. Time consuming yes, but I like the look.

8. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I thought that freeware avi editor did it...

I remember it being at vcdhelp.com, so look around there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.