main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Simple Words (post-TPM, Obi/Ani humor, vignette- updated 11/23- cover art)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LianaMara, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine, they're GL's (although Obi is lovely... :p ). I'm not making any money off this, even though my wallet is emptier than a tomb. And this is my first Obi/Ani vig (better yet, my first journey into prequel land), so I hope I got the characterizations OK. :)

Rating: G

Summary: Obi-Wan deals with his cheeky young padawan.

[b]Simple Words[/b]

I always knew he was capable of it. Anakin Skywalker, no matter what others had tried to say, was no innocent angel. His tough upbringing on Tatooine, combined with his unusual heritage and his painful separation from his mother, provided some insight into the situation.

That didn?t make it any more acceptable, or any less of a shock.

It started out ordinarily enough. We were seated at the kitchen table in our quarters, munching on a quick dinner before our meeting with the Jedi Council. Nothing bizarre about broiled nerf, stewed tubers, sweet rolls, and a fruit salad. The meat was a tad too tough, and the tubers a little mushy, but like all examples of my cooking, it was tolerable.

Then it happened: Anakin?s abominable act. I still look back on the event with a kind of fatherly dismay.

My Padawan was impatient as usual, plowing through his meal like he used to speed through Beggar?s Canyon ?back home.? I had attempted to slow his consumption rate a few weeks earlier, but my efforts were met with a ten-year-old?s obstinacy. I eventually decided that if he wanted to inhale his food and risk the chance of choking to death, that was his choice. A possibly deadly one, but it didn?t bother me.

Anakin grabbed the basket of rolls and tried to stuff a slab of nerf in his mouth at the same time. Naturally, something had to go wrong. His elbow connected with the open bottle of hot-sauce, and the container flew off the table, shattered on the floor, and sent glass shards and dark oily liquid flying against the pristine white wall.

It was a disaster. And the dialogue that followed was even more devastating. The boy stared at the mess, then opened his mouth?and swore. ?Shavit! Stupid, kriffin? thing!?

My jaw must have been hanging somewhere around my waist, because he quickly turned the same hue as a Sith blade, and those big blue eyes widened to the size of my fists. ?Oops.?

I regained my composure, and simply glared at him coldly. ?Where did you learn those words??

Anakin looked at me guiltily, and scrunched his face up into a phony expression of confusion. I wasn?t fooled. ?Huh? What are you talking about??

I sighed, and moved to clean everything up. Only last week, Anakin had gauchely broken a Sluissi sculpture that Adi had given to me; at least I knew how to use the powerful cleaning agents hidden under the refresher sink. I had a feeling, though, that scouring this spill was going to be worse than a picking up shards from a crystalline figure. This might take some time. ?You know what I mean, my young Padawan. I?m referring to those two curse words that you uttered a moment ago.?

?Oh. Well, everyone says them.?

I raised a questioning eyebrow. ?Everyone? That is not true. The Jedi Code specifically says that we should be ?pure, and free of the influences of the outer world.? ?

?Come on. You?re swore before,? he sputtered, agitatedly shredding his napkin into tiny fragments. ?When you were in a hard situation, or faced with some scary problems, you had to have said a few bad words.?

I scrubbed floor viciously, and searched the white surface for any stray crimson specks of sauce. Anakin was being cheeky, and I wasn?t about to unfold my whole life history over a plate of over-cooked meat and soggy roots. He knew enough of my past for the time being. Besides, I had the feeling he wasn?t being absolutely upfront with me. My Padawan was hiding something behind those inquisitive eyes; why else would he be so interested in whether I?d cursed or not? Looking him straight in the eye, I shook my head sternly. ?Jedi do not use profane

2. clark1016

clark1016 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2001
    Your Obi and Ani were quite adequate and quite adorable.

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Anakin, that little devil, how I love him. Great viggie.

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was so funny! I love it! You should write more Ani/Obi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    clark1016- Thanks. :)

ZaraValinor- Thank you. :) He's a mischievious chap, but still so adorable. ;)

diamond_pony2002- Thanks! :D I was sitting in history class, bored out of my mind, and decided to write something humorous for a change. And I might write some more Ani/Obi, because it was such fun. :p

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Liana - you never cease to amaze me. That was adorable! [face_laugh] I loved how Obi-Wan didn't want to admit he had cursed, and I loved Anakin's method of getting him to admit it. Very clever, and very in character. Obi-Wan trying to be the patient teacher, and Anakin the mischievious brat (and I say that in an affectionate way ;) ).

Very lovely job. What else would it be? ;)

7. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh no, Master Windu for a babysitter. :D

That should teach Anakin a lesson.

Knowing how tough Master Windu is.

8. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    YAY! You might write more Ani/Obi! I'm an Ani/Obi freak!!!! Basically, I'm a true Ani/Obi fan! Whenever you write an Ani/Obi story, expect me to be there!

9. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    oba- Thanks, dear! :D I was trying to a time when Obi was just learning the cheeky parts of Anakin's nature, and I'm so glad it came out well. Worthy praise from the mistress of prequelism and viggies. ;)

CrystalKenobi- Hehehe. [face_mischief] Mace will kick Anakin into shape in now time. :p

diamond_pony2002- Great! ;) I have to work on all my other fics first, though, before approaching another Ani/Obi viggie. :)

10. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Oh, that was good! I loved how Anakin played Obi-Wan who was trying so hard to be the proper Jedi and teacher.

11. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    red_rose_knight- Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :)

12. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
  13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Up!

*rereads and giggles* :p

14. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *giggles* Wonderful, Liana!

15. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    oba- Hehehe! :p

Emmi- Thanks dear! :D

16. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    I [heart] [face_love] you, Liana! :D Up! :p

17. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    oba- Awww! Thanks, dear! [face_love]

I'm currently editing for more Anakin facial expressions and Obi thoughts. And I attempted to make the cover art, but it died! :( Does anyone have an idea who could do it? I'm too lazy. :p

18. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Very cute and very funny. That little brat :p

19. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    SODV- Thanks! :D Ani is the cutest SW brat. I think that's why I love him so much.

Betaed version up, and I just submitted this to the archives today! *crosses fingers, and huggies oba* ;)

20. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Well, I made some cover artie just in case this EVER gets accepted to the Archives:

[image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/494801/SW.jpg]

I was going for a film-noirish look, but it still looks crappy. Ah well. :p

21. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think it looks pretty good.

22. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    DARLING! :eek: :p It looks good, don't doubt it. ;) Very original - and eye-catching. :D IMHO. :p

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    DUDE THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!1

24. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    CrystalKenobi- Thanks. :) I actually like it a little more now. :p

Mummy- HEHEHE! Eye-catching! :D I'm glad you like it. I'm warming up to it a little now. Only marginally crappy now. :p

diamond_pony2002- Thanks! :D

25. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    *cracks up*

That was hilarious!! And it had an unexpected twist with Anakin doing it for the money. Both were totally in character. Unique and cute!! :D I also loved the cover art--it fit in perfectly. Wonderful job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.