main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Simply Being Loved: post-NJO AU, J/TK, repost; (new post , 6/16 - COMPLETED! :D)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Alright, so this is a story I wrote back in 2003. The sequel was started right at the beginning of 2004 and never finished -- and yes, the unfinished story is still lurking on this board somewhere. ;) But for some reason, something has snuck into my brain and telling me to finish it -- especially since I stopped almost near some sort of ending. Hehe~ so here is the first story in all it's weirdo glory, then I can move on to the sequel and post what I have of that -- then finish it up! Like it was meant to be! :D

Moving on (I ramble way to much, seriously -___-), this story takes place right after the NJO series and takes place on Hapes. It's Jacen/Tenel Ka -- but of course with lots of angst and insanity and the like. Yay for things of the sort! ;D Now I will finally stop my babble and onto the story!

----

THE FEIGNED -- story one -- 'Simply Being Loved'

[image=http://echuta.net/chivalry/visuals/b-sbl.jpg]

[ and a link to the fanmix/soundtrack for the story! ]

main characters --
    .. Gadell Vessau (Hapes / Commander [Hapan Navy])
    .. Jacen Solo (Coruscant / Jedi, General [New Republic])
    .. Tenel Ka (Hapes / Queen Mother [Hapes], Jedi)

secondary characters --
    .. Anhaje (Hapes / Handmaiden)
    .. Danni Quee (Commenor / Jedi)
    .. Jagged Fel (Corellia, Csilla / Pilot)
    .. Jaina Solo (Coruscant / Pilot, Jedi)
    .. Kyp Durron (Deyer Colony / Jedi Master)
    .. Lowbacca (Kashyyyk / Pilot, Jedi)
    .. Tahiri Veila (Tatooine / Jedi)
    .. Zekk (Ennth / Jedi, Pilot)

chapter 01

The celebration was huge. Millions of people dancing and yelling, the streets of every planet, filled to the brim with people. People broadcasting congratulations over comms, families reunited --- it was an incredibly joyous occasion.

What was left of the Yuuzhan Vong, with the exception of the ones who wanted to settle and join society, had been driven out of the galaxy or killed, mostly by pieces of the Imperial Remnant, the New Republic Army and a large part of the Hapan fleet. Many of the slaves the Yuuzhan Vong had taken were saved, some were long gone.

On Corellia, the Galactic Alliance was having a celebration. There were many dignitaries present and many soldiers, along with the fleets and their families. There was drinking and dancing, eating and laughing. It was an all over exciting event. The formal event, that would recognize the heroes of the war was going to be held the next night on Hapes.

Not many people were looking forward to remembering the war, all the people that were lost, all the planets that were shattered forever... but it had to be done sometime. And the formal event, with it's medals and it's speeches, would be just the right amount of closure everyone was looking for.

Night fell and everyone crawled into bed, preparing for the ceremonies the next day.

All was quiet.

Jacen Solo watched as blood spilled from the Queen Mother's wound. Everything went in slow motion as she fell backwards, crashing to the ground in a blurry heap of green and black silk, copper hair and smooth red liquid. His calm visage twisted into a look of horror and panic as he started over to her prone body, going incredibly slow. His limbs felt heavy as he moved across the chamber, it was like he was running through a vat of bacta.

What have I done?

As he ran to her, he was having flashbacks to that duel, so many years ago. The accident which cost the Queen Mother her left arm. He always blamed himself for it, even though she told him time and time again that it was her own fault. He wouldn't let her keep all the blame to herself. But now... he knew this was all his fault.

In the duel at the academy, her arm was cauterized. No blood.

I couldn't stop it in time.

He crashed to his knees beside her body, the cloth of his pants soaking up her blood. Jacen pulled her into his lap and hugged the Hapan queen to his chest.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looks like you're off to a great start! =D=

3. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Thank you very much~! I just hope I can keep it up. :D!

4. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Ohgod, you know I love this story! It's so visually evocative, emotionally tangled, and deliciously macabre that I can hardly help but shiver in anticipation of you reposting the rest. Keep it coming, my dear.

5. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Heeee! *hugs!* I still remember the day you first responded to the story cause your comments almost had me in happy!tears. :D! Thank you sooooooo much again~! I'm debating on when to post parts -- possibly two times a week, but I'm not sure. Friday and...? Hmmm.

6. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Okay! I figure I'll maybe go with posts on Thursdays and Mondays... even though it is technically Friday now. Heeehe~

----

chapter 02

Jacen rifled through all of his drawers, finding suitable clothes to bring along to Hapes. The Solo family, along with many others, would be staying there for two standard weeks, long enough for the ceremonies and some added time off; which they all needed.

His comlink beeped, "Jacen?"

He picked it up and spoke into it, "Mom. Hey."

"Your father's almost ready to go. He's putting his stuff in the Falcon right now."

"Ha. It'll be at least another half an hour before we leave, knowing him," Jacen said, laughing out loud.

He heard his mother chuckle, "I know. But come on. I'd like to get there before the ceremonies start. Aren't you excited about seeing everyone again? Tesar? Zekk? Tenel Ka?"

A knot formed in his stomach as his mother recited the last name.

"Of course I'm excited."

"Then let's get a move on."

"Done," Jacen set the comlink down and picked up his bag.

Jacen threw his stuff down beside the bench on the Falcon and slid into the seat behind the dejarik board. Jaina came in moments after him, chucking her bag on the ground.

"Alright Jasa! Family trip!"

Jacen could hear the sarcasm dripping from his sister's voice. He laughed.

"You okay? You sort of left in a daze this morning."

Jacen nodded, "Fine. It was just that a few random thoughts managed to fester in my brain and I had to go meditate for a few minutes."

"As long as you feel better," A smile was shot in his direction. He just looked at her, an expression of nothing. "Oh come on. It'll be fun on Hapes! We get to see everyone... No Ta'a Chume. Tenel Ka gets to boss everyone around. It's a gorgeous place."

He let out a chuckle, much to Jaina's relief, and leaned his head back on the seat, "I'm taking a nap. Tell me when we get there."

His sister smirked and shrugged her shoulders, "I guess that's a good idea."

Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo and their twins, Jacen and Jaina Solo, were on their way to Hapes. Leia wanted the Solo family to have some time together alone, since it had been years since they spent time to themselves.

About halfway to their destination, Leia walked out of the cockpit and into the open lounge to check on her children, "Hey guys, I---"

She saw them curled up, sound asleep. Jacen, seated cross-legged on the bench with his head back against the wall. And Jaina, lying down, with her head resting on her brother's leg. Everything was quiet, except for the soft sounds of the twins' breathing.

Leia choked on her words and just stared.

It was peaceful.

She hadn't seen them together, this bloodless and calm since they were little.

It made her incredibly happy and at the same time, deeply morose. She could just picture Anakin's slightly smaller form under the holo-board, snoring like his father, with Jaina's arm hanging over him, like a protective canopy.

She smiled and turned away from the scene quietly, as tears welled up in her eyes.

Entering back into the cockpit, her husband turned to look at her.

"What are they up t--- what's wrong?"

Leia shook her head and pointed back towards the lounging area, "I'm never letting anything happen to them."

Han Solo slid out of his seat and walked back to check on the kids. Moments later, he reappeared beside Leia, with a small lopsided grin on his face, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "They're old enough to take care of themselves now. But if it makes you feel better, we'll always be here for them."

The sight almost made Han choke up and cry also. But he wasn't about to tell Leia that.

"Danni? What are you saying?!" Jacen yelled as loud as he could to the tall, blonde scientist.

Her mouth was moving. But he heard nothing. She was standing in between Tahiri and Jaina, who were also yelling soundlessly. Danni was jammi

7. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    Ahhh, such a nice treat to get another post. More, I say, more!

8. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    ;D HERE YOU GO. Muahaha~ (And omg! Gadell's first post!)

----

chapter 03

Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo was standing outside with her entourage, greeting each ship as it arrived. The Millennium Falcon was the next and last to dock and taking a deep breath, she stepped forward as it landed. As she did, she felt people rush by her.

Medics. Towards the Falcon.

Hm.

One of the Queen Mother's closest and most loyal handmaidens, Anhaje, who was following the medics, stepped up beside her, "Your highness."

"What is going on?"

"The Falcon called for medical help during their landing. Someone inside is hurt."

For almost months, Tenel Ka had not been very open in the Force. She had too many things to focus on, with her political standing and her people. But now, like many other random times, she opened herself up, feeling around for the answers she wanted.

Who were the medics here for?

Jacen...

A fist clenched around her heart.

"Why was I not notified? I do have a comlink, you know."

Anhaje directed her gaze towards the ground and fell into a lapse of silence.

The Queen Mother inhaled deeply and started to follow the medics down the walkway to the open shell of the docking bay. The breeze blew her soft purple dress around her ankles; it was a casual dress... for a queen anyways. Her hair was up in a loose bun, with random strands of copper falling from it and framing her tan face. She felt calm, cool and collected.

Then the Falcon's hatch opened. And those feelings drained from her when she saw the medics and their new cargo.

Shuffling down the bay was a group of them, no time to put the injured on a carrier. Two of them were holding the body, one by the ankles and one by the arms. The rest of the medics were busy checking his vitals, grouping around him like a nexu jumping it's prey.

One stopped to fall in line with the medic holding his wrists and they begun to speak about his condition. That space that he fell out of gave Tenel Ka a perfect view of just who was hurt.

No.

She had felt something from him in the Force when she opened up, but she pleaded for her life that it wasn't him.

And there he was, being whisked away by medics. Messy brown hair, matted down with sweat, closed eyes, pale skin. He looked like the little boy she lost on Cloud City. Not the one she thought she lost on Myrkr.

"Where are the rest of the Solos?" Tenel Ka looked to Anhaje.

"They're on the ship, shutting it down... since they haven't had a chance to."

Tenel Ka nodded as the medics passed with Jacen's limp form. She was oddly delighted that the Solo family trusted the Hapan medics with their son. The feeling vanished after a few moments.

I have to see if he is alright.

"Wait here and tell the Solos I am going to check on their son. Tell them I apologize for leaving so quickly and that I will see them later, when I get the chance," Tenel Ka nodded to her entourage.

They turned and waited for the rest of the Solo family.

The Queen Mother began to follow the medics, which led to Anhaje trailing her. Tenel Ka was determined to see what was wrong and make sure Jacen was nursed back to health. She would stay cramped up in the medical bay all day, if that's what it took.

The medics passed through the huge durasteel door into Fountain Palace and turned towards the medical bay.

Just as Tenel Ka was turning to follow them down the hall, a tall figure stepped in front of her.

"Where are you going in such a hurry, your highness?"

The Queen Mother let out an annoyed sigh as she looked up into a pair of icy blue eyes, "I am not in the mood to see you right now, not after what you did. Now move. I am going find out if my friend is alright."

"He will be fine. You know Hapan medics are the best in the galaxy," the man put a gloved finger up to her face

9. Luthienberen

Luthienberen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Make Jacen the new Commander of the Fleet! [face_dancing]

Excellent so far. Will we see more of the Jacen of Traitor and The Unifying Force with the indomtiable Tenel Ka? They certainly suit each other. Update soon!

[face_love]

10. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Wonderful story! And what's better: J/TK!!

That's right, live in the Golden Age, baby...

Except, to my mind, the Golden Age was in some ways all the way back to YJK.

An intriguing plot, and a non-stupid Jacen, hurray!

I look forward to more posts!

11. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    I vote for more Gadell. Though, since I know what's coming in the story, I know that my wish will be granted.

Always excellent, my dear.

12. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Luthienberen: Eeeeehehe, but that would be too easy! ;) And thank you for the comments! We will see lots of Jacen -- he won't get as crazy in-depth as he does in Traitor or TUF (I am so not good at writing him at all XD) but he will definitely be around, and yes, around Tenel Ka a lot. I will be updating soon! ^_^

_Tenel_Ka_: Heee! Thank you! *hugs* YAY FOR NON-STUPID JACEN. XD The Golden Age for me is anything J/TK, which is mostly YJK, so I totally agree with you there. Although the Dark Nest Trilogy was so creepy and cute at the same time. XD

TCR!: MORE GADELL FOR YOU. I promise. And you know I will keep it since you know the story. Hehe~ also, he loves you for wanting more of him. ;D And thank yoooou~!

New post later tonight! :D

13. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    And heeeeeere is the next chapter, like I said would be arriving shortly. Hehe, alright, when did it get so late? O_O

----

chapter 04

Her hair was longer than he remembered it, a bit straighter, framing her face and snaking almost down to her waist. Jacen observed this as the Queen Mother spoke to the crowd of people seated in front of her. Her frigid eyes seemed to bore into each and every person in the chamber, like she was learning their deepest secrets just by staring at them.

Jacen Solo felt bad for not really listening to what she was saying, but he was busy taking in what he had missed. From her, from everyone.

But mostly from her.

Earlier, he had seen and spoken to many people. Jagged Fel, Tahiri Veila, Alema Rar, Lowbacca, Zekk, Tesar and Saba Sebatyne, Gilad Pellaeon, Danni Quee, Tekli...

Tenel Ka had to stay in her quarters until she was announced to speak.

I bet she hates that.

He continued to stare at her.

Jacen was seated in the fourth row of the chamber, on Tenel Ka's right side, behind rows of Jedi, Jedi Masters and Admirals of every type of military unit imaginable. On his right side was Tahiri Veila, dressed in a dark blue gown, almost black. And on his left, clad in that favorite red dress of hers, Jaina Solo. In front of him, Jacen noticed Zekk's mess of black hair and beside that was Lowie's even messier form.

Of course, both of them were tidied up for the ceremonies.

Jacen looked back to the stage and saw that Gadell had begun speaking.

He leaned over to his sister and rested his chin on her shoulder, hissing into her ear, "How long has Gadell been talking?"

Jaina tilted her head and whispered back, "I'd say about five minutes. He's kind of handsome."

Jag, who was seated on the other side of Jaina, leaned into the conversation, "I heard that."

Jaina turned and threw a snicker at Jag as Jacen pulled away from her and slouched down in his chair. He would sit properly for the Queen Mother, but not Gadell. There was just something about him...

"...if you would all please adjourn to the Gardens, you can observe the memorials placed for the people lost in the war. And on behalf of the Queen Mother, the Hapan Court and the Hapan Fleets, I would like to thank you all again for coming."

Commander Vessau nodded once and turned to the Queen Mother, who was standing behind him. She started off of the stage, followed by Gadell and the Court, as the crowd seated in the chamber arose and began filing out, towards the gardens.

"Jacen, want to come with us?" Jaina inquired, as her right hand latched into Jag's belt to keep him from going anywhere.

Jacen watched as Tenel Ka vanished, "Huh?" He shook himself out of a daze and turned to his sister, "Oh yeah. I do."

Jaina eyed Tahiri who stood up, fumbling with a scarf on her dress, "Tahiri?"

"Of course," she said as she tried to bat the scarf out of the way. Tahiri would never be used to formal wear.

Jaina chuckled, "Then let's go." She would've asked Lowie and Zekk also, but they were long gone, probably not wanting to hang out in the stuffy atmosphere any longer than they had to.

The four exited the chamber and followed the crowd to the Fountain Palace's gardens.

"I'll catch up with you guys later," Jacen clapped Jag on the shoulder.

Jag, Jaina and Tahiri continued around the gardens, in the order the memorials were placed, as were all the other people.

Jacen had to move ahead.

"Don't get lost, Jasa." His sister watched him dash off through the gardens, the chains on his belt dangling wildly.

Jacen was wearing a snapped up, dressy version of the old Corellian CorSec uniform, much to his Dad's glee. Seeing his oldest son in anything with Corellian bloodstripes on it made Han Solo one happy man. Jacen had found it awhile back on the Falcon, along with many other odd things that Han didn't remember he had. Jacen cleaned it up a bit out of boredom one day, adding some things to it.

And now he decided it was ti

14. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    "UNTIL NEXT TIME" seems a rather appropriate thing to say!

It seems sinister forces are at work! ... and they prevent long awaited kisses from happening, so GRRR! :mad:

Definitely am likely this fic, there's a lot to it, and the characters are very well written! I loved the little bit about Tahiri and formal wear... :p

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Then it shall be UNTIL NEXT TIME~! XD Muahahahahaahahahah~

But sinister forces are so much fun! ;D The create angst and all that addictive stuff. Also, thank you sooo much for your comments -- getting the characters in character is the hardest thing for me. >_< So hearing that it's good makes me very warm and fuzzy inside. And come on, you know Tahiri would totally be flustered and annoyed in a getup like that. ;)

16. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    So, I totally want to read the end of UV when you finish it, and then realized it ahd been 50 billion years since I read this and had forgotten several crutial plot points, such as,, say, Gadell being a bad guy! :p I'm just so used to good old Commadmarial Gadell chasing around handmaidens and generally being amusing that this was a bit of a woah, double-take, you know? Yeah... Anyways, the point of all that is that I'm actually reading this. Again. Yeah.

17. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Yessss, hahaha~ I figured that I should respost this as a refresher instead of jumping right into the sequel. And yes, Gadell was totally evil once! I really liked him like that... *thinks* Hehehehe~ Also, thank you sooooo much for reading again. I'm happy to know I'm not just posting this for nothing then. ;D

18. Gadell

Gadell Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2004
    Me?! EVIL? Neeeeeever. ;)

19. Gadell

Gadell Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2004
    chapter 05

The banquet was held in the same chamber the ceremonies were in. It was an enormous room with high ceilings and stone walls. Seeping through man-made cracks in the walls were vines of dried Hapan carnivorous seaweed, crawling up towards the top edge of the room. The ceiling was made of the strongest glass invented and the dim light of the room let the glow from the moons and the stars spill into the chamber.

The food was already cleared out of the room, as were the tables. Jacen thought the banquet itself was delicious, but uneventful. He was seated at a huge round table with his parents, Tahiri Veila, Jagged Fel and his twin sister, Jaina Solo. As they were seating themselves, Jaina shoved Jacen towards the seat that gave him the best view of the front of the room, where the court was seated.

Where Tenel Ka was seated.

Where Gadell was seated.

Jacen watched them the whole time. Sitting beside each other.

He could feel her taking it and dealing with it. He could feel her through the Force.

He could feel the fact that she wanted to lean over and smack him. But she couldn't. She had to look like she was playing along, for her people.

Jacen observed every little movement. The way he would use his slender fingers to push the curtain of copper out of her face. The way he leaned in closer to her to tell her something. The way random locks of his black hair would curl onto her cheek as he murmured things into her ear. The way she let the tiniest bit of a smile through her shield.

From her it was all an act, Jacen knew.

But is it an act from him?

Jacen stood against the wall, staring up at the sky through the clear ceiling. He was holding a glass of simple Hapan Ale. He didn't drink much alcohol at all, in fact, he had taken one sip of it and then just stood there, holding it and staring at the sky. It wasn't that it was bad... he just wasn't in the mood to do much of anything.

As he absently stared up to the heavens, the music started playing. It floated through the chamber, reaching his ears and calming his nerves. He had no sense of time after he closed his eyes.

A few minutes passed. He just stood there, with his back against the wall, his drink in his hand, his head tilted back and his eyes closed.

Her gray eyes went wide as she dropped the glass from her hand. She was standing in front of Jacen, talking to him about random things...

Then she took a sip of her drink...

Blood seeped out of the corners of her mouth as she held her throat with her right hand. Jacen grabbed her waist and proceeded to rock her a bit, "Tenel Ka!"

The Queen Mother's eyes locked on his, they were losing color. Her face was losing color.

She was losing color, losing life.

What do I do?!

The blood dribbled onto her gown and down to the floor, before she fell into his arms, smearing his CorSec outfit with a mix of blood and saliva.

"Tenel Ka?!"

He shook her back and forth. No one was giving them a second glance. Hundreds of people in the chamber, no one noticed. Everything was silent. He couldn't even hear himself screaming her name.

She glanced up to him one more time, gurgling something unintelligible. No words were escaping her mouth.

Only blood. Rich, red blood.

And everything was moving slowly.

"Jacen?"

The music floated to his ears once more, along with a soothing voice, inquiring just why he was standing there, absently dozing off.

"Your highness. I..." He blinked a couple of times. Jacen Solo was at a loss for words.

A Hapan male walked up to the pair with a tray of drinks and offered them up. Tenel Ka took the glass closest to her off of the tray. Jacen raised his, showing the man he already had one. The man smiled and started making his rounds to other people.

"You look beautiful tonight, your worship."

"Why thank you, General Solo. You do not look so bad yourself," The Queen Mother let a genu

20. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    (What can I say? I was too lazy to logout with him. ;))

21. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    You have a Gadell sock here, too? You dork! :p Even I'm not that bad! :p

(And its good to know your world revolves around me! :p )

Hmm, guess I should say something about the update, too, huh? It was ok, I guess. :p

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    boy Gadell had better get it soon

23. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Hi!

Points to Jaina, for pushing Jacen to where he could see Tenel Ka. She's so devious. I love her!

He could feel the fact that she wanted to lean over and smack him.
    You do it, Tenel Ka. You smack him. Smack, smack.

You described the dancing so well. I can never do dancing. Usually I say, "He twirled her around" and end it there. But that's usually because I do dancing at the end of my scenes, and you really can describe dancing if they have nothing else to talk about! Anyway, great job. [:D]

Okay---question: if Jaina is with Jag, then why is she dancing with Zekk? And why is he letting her? o_O

I was never kidding whenever I told myself that I've always been in LOVE WITH YOU.'

Jacen watched them dancing and as he recited those words in his head --- he saw her stumble.

She heard him. She heard him loud and clear.
    Thud-thud, thud-thud...[face_love] oh-em-gee. I love that part! It's so...you know.

And there was Jacen Solo, standing alone in the middle of a sea of people. Laughing. Dancing. Drinking.

He felt a shudder creep up his spine as his eyes closed. He could feel people floating around him, fabrics rustling against him as he stood there alone. He felt the metal hand on his back again.

His eyes shot open.

He hesitated a few moments and turning around, dodging people, he ran out of the chamber, through the hallways and out into the gardens.

All was quiet.
    Again, oh-em-gee. That was such a powerful discription. It really puts you into the center of his mind, and you feel the silence with him; you feel his let down, his depression. So great!

I love this. I've already read it off your site, like, a hundred times. But it's still good. @};-

Janet

24. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Lusa_Thul: Haha, of course my world revolves around you. :p And thank you for the update being not to bad comment. Hehe~ Also, of course I have a Gadell sock here. He needs one everywhere! Which reminds me that he still has to say Happy Birthday on Trickster's b-day thread on Kriff This. XD

PointGiven: LOL~! He'll get it, possibly soon. ;)

Darkwriter: Eeeee! Thank you so much for your specific comments! :D Especially about the descriptions -- I always worry that I'm either writing too much or not enough. I never know where to stop with them. Cause leaving some stuff up to the imagination is always fun. Hehe~ Also, thank you soooooo much for sticking around even though you've read it off the site! I'm really happy that it's getting use up on the site and all that jazz. *huuuuuugs*

I'll probably be posting another chapter in a bit, later tonight! ^_^

25. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    chapter 06

General Jacen Solo heard nothing.

But he could see everything.

Commander Gadell Vessau guiding Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo around the floor, receiving admiring looks from dignitaries, friends and the Court. The Queen Mother's face was expressionless.

The song must've ended because the pair bowed. He softly pulled her onto the stage and told the crowd something, most likely about the marriage. He saw the Court stand up and clap. He saw Tenel Ka's father, Isolder, stand up and clap.

He saw his sister, a look of shock on her face.

Tahiri. A frown.

Jag. His eyes were wide.

Zekk and Lowie, mouths hanging open.

Danni Quee, Kyp Durron, his parents, and his aunt and uncle, whispering in a group. All of them surprised.

Most of the other people were cheering. Their Queen Mother, marrying one of the only men they ever admired.

He saw a fleeting vision of himself, crumpled up in the grove, in a pool of tears.

It flashed back to the chamber.

And Gadell led Tenel Ka to a balcony that connected to the chamber. She absently followed him to the railing, obviously having other things on her mind. And Jacen watched as Gadell soundlessly told her something.

He could hear her in his head.

'jacen solo I love you too jacen I love you please say something jacen please'

Gadell moved in front of her so her back was to the railing, and he leaned in and gently kissed her on the lips. Her right hand gripped the railing as both of his fell to rest on her waist. The breeze blew Gadell's hair forward, so the tips tickled the Queen Mother's tan face. The Commander raised his right hand and caressed her cheek.

Jacen noticed every little movement.

As Gadell deepened the kiss, Tenel Ka's fingers twisted violently around the railing like she wanted to rip it off of the balcony and beat him over the head with it.

Her stream of emotions was furiously ripped away and cut off.

'jacen please i love you i----'

Jacen watched it all in slow motion.

The General could feel himself being shaken. He could hear the chirping and buzzing of the nocturnal insects and he could feel the soft breeze playing upon his cheeks.

He realized his CorSec uniform was damp with sweat which caused him to slowly open his deep brown eyes.

A pair of delicate, soft azure orbs were staring back at him. They were set in an angular face, framed by black hair which contrasted sharply with the pale tone of the skin. Jacen drew in a deep breath.

"General Solo?"

It was Gadell Vessau. He had a concerned look on his face and through the Force, Jacen could feel sincerity spilling out of his pores.

"Are you alright, General Solo?"

He replied with the first thing that came to his mind, "Call me Jacen, please."

Gadell nodded.

"And I'm fine. I think... Thank you."

The Commander stood up from his kneeling position and held out a hand, which Jacen took.

As Gadell helped Jacen up, he inquired, "Would you like me to call the medics?"

"Oh no. No thanks. I think I just tripped or something. Maybe I had a little bit too much to drink." He lied, forcing a chuckle.

Gadell smiled and motioned back towards the Palace, "Come on. I'll walk you back inside. Your sister and your parents were looking for you. I told them I'd check the gardens."

Jacen walked closely behind Gadell, flanking him on his right, listening to him.

"You look very tired, Jacen. You may retire to your quarters, if you wish. I'll let them know you are safe."

Clasping his hands beind his back, he noticed that the normal sarcastically bitter tone was absent from Gadell's voice.

"I thank you, Commander."

"Please. Call me Gadell." Vessau turned his head to Jacen and smiled.

Jacen returned the grin and continued to make small chat all the way to the door of his quarters. As they approached, Gadell pressed the button.

The door slid open.

Jacen politly nodded to Gadell, the man's genial eyes glittering. Solo stepped through the doorway, r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.