Beyond 'Simply Being Loved' [post-NJO, J/TK -- COMPLETE! 01/12 = Link to sequel posted! Finally! :D]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay. :D This is my second fanfiction here, my first being 'At Least Smile' (from a long time ago. >_<) --- but I decided to write another. And here it is. Hehe.

This is basically a rough draft, to get feedback on and fix before I stick it in the fanfiction section on the J/TK fanlisting.

And it's not separated into chapters yet... it's just little parts. o_O I'll post a couple parts everytime I update.

Alright I'm done rambling now. On with the story. (And yes, if you've heard the song called 'Simply Being Loved' by BT... you'll know where the name came from. *cackle*)

Title: 'SIMPLY BEING LOVED'
    Author: ME! :D
    Rating: By the end, I'm sure it'll be a strict PG-13. MUAHA.
    Disclaimer: YEAH. I wish I was making money off of this. >_< It's all about Lucas.
    Summary: The Yuuzhan Vong are gone. Memories that were meant to be buried resurface as General Jacen Solo, his family and a few close friends vacation to Hapes. The Commander of the Hapan Fleet, Gadell Vessau has other plans. Marriage to the Queen Mother and mild schizophrenia are all in a days work for him. Will Jacen and Tenel Ka ever get together?

--------

The celebration was huge. Millions of people dancing and yelling, the streets of every planet, filled to the brim with people. People broadcasting congratulations over coms, families reunited --- it was an incredibly joyous occasion.

What was left of the Yuuzhan Vong (with the exception of the ones who wanted to settle and join society) had been driven out of the galaxy or killed, mostly by pieces of the Imperial Remnant, the New Republic Army and a large part of the Hapan fleet. Many of the slaves the Yuuzhan Vong had taken were saved, some were long gone.

On Corellia, the New Republic was having a celebration. There were many dignitaries present and many soldiers, along with the fleets and their families. There was drinking and dancing, eating and laughing. It was an all over exciting event. The formal event, that would recognize the heroes of the war was going to be held the next night on Hapes.

Not many people were looking forward to remembering the war, all the people that were lost, all the planets that were shattered forever... but it had to be done sometime. And the formal event, with it's medals and it's speeches, would be just the right amount of closure everyone was looking for.

Night fell and everyone crawled into bed, preparing for the ceremonies the next day.

All was quiet.

---

Jacen Solo watched as blood spilled from the Queen Mother's wound. Everything went in slow motion as she fell backwards, crashing to the ground in a blurry heap of green and black silk, copper hair and smooth red liquid. His calm visage twisted into a look of horror and panic as he started over to her prone body, going incredibly slow. His limbs felt heavy as he moved across the chamber, it was like he was running through a vat of bacta.

What have I done?

He was having flashbacks to that duel, so many years ago. The accident which cost the Queen Mother her left arm. He always blamed himself for it, even though she told him time and time again that it was her own fault. He wouldn't let her keep all the blame to herself. But now... he knew this was all his fault.

In the duel at the academy, her arm was cauterized. No blood.

I couldn't stop it in time.

He crashed to his knees beside her body, the cloth of his pants soaking up her blood. Jacen pulled her into his lap and hugged the Hapan queen to his chest.

"I'm sorry... please..."

He searched for her through the Force.

She was gone.

Tenel Ka had died.

---

Pacing. Back and forth.

Jacen had woken up with a start, the same dream had played out in his sleep again. Tenel Ka, dying, bloody, dead. He woke up panting, sweating and shivering, slid himself out of his tangled sheets and b
  2. Ewok-From-Endor Jedi Knight

Mush... [face_love]

Pain... :(

I'm liking this.

Please PM me when there is more. :D
  3. JennyTheShrubber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looking good, -Tenel-Ka-! Of course, I never doubted that it would be ;)
    I'm so glad Jacen finally shaved! It would've hurt Tenel Ka's face when they finally make out.

an original character I have fun making insanly evil

YES!! YES!! Bring on the evil insanity! It's what I live for :D

Ok, it's nap time for me now. Keep up the good work!

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
    I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
    I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
    No,no,no.

4. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Ewok-from-Endor: Haha~ I'll be sure to PM you when the time comes! And mush and pain! The two best things to write about! ;)

Jenny: Yo! Muahahaha! Yeah; I thought it was time that Jacen got rid of that beard. >_< And don't you worry. The evil character is going to be making his first appearance soon. :D And I hope you enjoyed your nap!

5. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    That was really good. I liked it. Having it include Jaina/Jag was great too. :D
  6. Master_Ponta Force Ghost

star 4
    *Reads*

Cool!

I'll be checking in on this one!
  7. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    oooo...yeah! You wrote another story!!! I LOVED you're story "At Least Smile" and I'm SO glad you're writing another one! The starting was great! I can't wait for more!

EJ
  8. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Bria: Thank you dear! :D Yeah; I like writing in J/J for some reason... writing the way they act around each other is fun.

Master_Ponta: ^___^ Thank you!! That means my story won't get lonely. Tehehe~

EJ: It took me awhile to start up a new one... but I've had this idea in my head for awhile now. So I'm FINALLY acting upon it. And thank you for the comments! 'At Least Smile' was fun to write and this one is shaping up to be entertaining too! For me it'll just be a challenge to write a long story. (I'm so bad at long stories.)

Anyways; here's a couple more parts before I head off to bed.

----

Jacen rifled through all of his drawers, finding suitable clothes to bring along to Hapes. They would be staying there for two standard weeks, long enough for the ceremonies and some added time off; which they all needed.

His comlink beeped, "Jacen?"

He picked it up and spoke into it, "Mom. Hey."

"Your father's almost ready to go. He's putting his stuff in the Falcon right now."

"Ha. It'll be at least another half an hour before we leave, knowing him," Jacen said, laughing out loud.

He heard his mother chuckle, "I know. But come on. I'd like to get there before the ceremonies start. Aren't you excited about seeing everyone again? Tesar? Zekk? Tenel Ka?"

A knot formed in his stomach as his mother recited the last name.

"Of course I'm excited."

"Then let's get a move on."

"Done," Jacen set the comlink down and picked up his bag.

---

Jacen threw his stuff down beside the bench on the Falcon and slid into the seat behind the dejarik board. Jaina came in moments after him, chucking her bag on the ground.

"Alright Jasa! Family trip!"

Jacen could hear the sarcasm dripping from his sister's voice. He laughed.

"You okay? You sort of left in a daze this morning."

Jacen nodded, "Fine. It was just that a few random thoughts managed to fester in my brain and I had to go meditate for a few minutes."

"As long as you feel better," A smile was shot in his direction. He just looked at her, an expression of nothing. "Oh come on. It'll be fun on Hapes! We get to see everyone... No Ta'a Chume. Tenel Ka gets to boss everyone around. It's a gorgeous place."

He let out a chuckle, much to Jaina's relief, and leaned his head back on the seat, "I'm taking a nap. Tell me when we get there."

His sister smirked and shrugged her shoulders, "I guess that's a good idea."

Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo and their twins, Jacen and Jaina Solo, were on their way to Hapes. Leia wanted just the Solo family to have some time together alone, since it had been years since they spent time to themselves.

About halfway to their destination, Leia walked out of the cockpit and into the open lounge to check on her children, "Hey guys, I---"

She saw them curled up, sound asleep. Jacen, seated cross-legged on the bench with his head back against the wall. And Jaina, lying down, with her head resting on her brother's leg. Everything was quiet, except for the soft sounds of the twins' breathing.

Leia choked on her words and just stared.

It was peaceful.

She hadn't seen them together, this bloodless and calm since they were little.

It made her incredibly happy and at the same time, deeply morose. She could just picture Anakin's slightly smaller form under the holo-board, snoring like his father, with Jaina's arm hanging over him, like a protective canopy.

She smiled and turned away from the scene quietly, as tears welled up in her eyes.

Entering back into the cockpit, her husband turned to look at her.

"What are they up t--- what's wrong?"

Leia shook her head and pointed back towards the lounging area, "I'm never letting anything happen to them."

Han Solo slid out of his seat and walked back to check on the kids. Moments later, he reappeared beside Leia, with a small lopsid
  9. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    eyyyyy what did you doto Jacen?????????

[face_shocked]

This is good!!!
  10. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    *steels herself to read the J/J just so she can read good J/TK* Really good start. Poor Jacen, what have you done to him? And I hope he's just having bad "what-if" nightmares and not Force visions. Great job! :)

~~Jilly
  11. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This is a great story, -Tenel-Ka-! I can't wait to see what happens!
  12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    excellent start, -Tenel-Ka-, but i expected nothing less :D aghaghagh...cliffie....but not really, since we all know he'll be okay :)

more soon, please :D

~TJF
  13. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    AH! What'd you do? :eek:

MORE!
  14. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Elfsheen: Don't worry; Jacen should be fine. ;) And thank you!

JainaDurron: Force visions or nightmares... you'll learn in time. :D And yeah; poor Jacen. He's so easy to hurt sometimes. O_O

NaboosPrincess: Thank you for reading! *hugs* I just hope I can get TK's character down good.

TJF!: Thank you! And yeah; he will be okay. Everyone knows I could never do anything too drastic to Jacen. LOL~

Bria: LOL~ soon!

Probably by tonight there will be a new post. I need to revise something really fast because I just got a new idea for the next scene.

Thank you all for reading! It means a lot. :D
  15. Ewok-From-Endor Jedi Knight

:eek:

Jacen went into shock?

[face_plain]

This is NOT good!
  16. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    FWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

NOT ENOUGH J/TK STORIES THESE DAYS! :D :D

Awesome so far! :)
  17. JennyTheShrubber Jedi Knight

star 1
    :D :D

They should put his hand in warm water before he wakes up! Great family vacation photos! :D

I know what's wrong with Jacen . . .

I was feelin'so bad
    I asked my family doctor just what I had
    I said "Doctor, (Doctor), Mr. M.D., (Doctor)
    Now can you tell me what's ailin' me (Doctor)"
    He said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"
    (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
    Yes indeed
    All I, I really need
    Good lovin' (Now gimme that good, good lovin')
    Good lovin' (All I need is lovin')
    Good lovin' (Good, good lovin', baby)
    Good lovin'

Great work, as always!!
  18. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Ewok-from-Endor: He'll be out of it soon! No worries! :D

Saber-of-Light: That's the same thing I said!! 'Where are all the J/TK stories?!"

Jenny!: He does need some lovin', doesn't he? Teehehe~

Well; maybe he'll get some soon! :D

Here's another couple of parts.

----

Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo was standing outside with her entourage, greeting each ship as it arrived. The Millennium Falcon was the next to dock and taking a deep breath, she stepped forward as it landed. As she did, she felt people rush by her.

Medics.

Towards the Falcon.

Hm.

One of the Queen Mother's handmaidens, Anhaje, who was following the medics, stepped up beside her, "Your highness."

"What is going on?"

"The Falcon called for medical help during their landing. Someone inside is hurt."

Lately, Tenel Ka hadn't been very open in the Force. She had too many things to focus on. But now, like many other random times, she opened herself up, feeling around for the answers she wanted.

Who were the medics here for?

Jacen...

A fist clenched around her heart.

"Why was I not notified? I do have a comlink, you know."

Anhaje directed her gaze towards the ground and fell into a lapse of silence.

The Queen Mother inhaled deeply and started to follow the medics down the walkway to the open shell of the docking bay. The breeze blew her soft purple dress around her ankles; it was a casual dress... for a queen anyways. Her hair was up in a loose bun, with random strands of copper falling from it and framing her tan face. She felt calm, cool and collected.

And then the Falcon's hatch opened.

The feelings drained from her when she saw the medics and their new cargo.

Shuffling down the bay was a group of them, no time to put the injured on any kind of carrier. Two of them were holding the body, one by the ankles and one by the arms. The rest of the medics were busy checking his vitals, grouping around him like a nexu jumping it's prey.

One stopped to fall in line with the medic holding his wrists and they begun to speak about his condition.

And that space that he fell out of gave Tenel Ka a perfect view of just who was hurt.

No.

She had felt something from him in the Force when she opened up, but she pleaded for her life that it wasn't him.

And there he was, being whisked away by medics. Messy brown hair, matted down with sweat, closed eyes, pale skin. He looked like the little boy she lost on Cloud City. Not the one she thought she lost on Myrkr.

"Where are the rest of the Solos?" Tenel Ka looked to Anhaje.

"They're on the ship, shutting it down... since they haven't had a chance to."

Tenel Ka nodded as the medics passed with Jacen's limp form. She was oddly delighted that the Solo family trusted the Hapan medics with their son. The feeling vanished after a few moments.

I have to see if he is alright.

"Wait here and tell the Solos I am going to check on their son. Tell them I apoligize for leaving so quickly and that I will see them later, when I get the chance," Tenel Ka nodded to her entourage.

They turned and waited for the rest of the Solo family.

Tenel Ka began to follow the medics, which led to Anhaje trailing her. She was determined to see what was wrong and make sure Jacen was nursed back to health. She would stay cramped up in the medical bay all day, if that's what it took.

The medics passed through the huge durasteel door into Fountain Palace and turned towards the medical bay.

Just as Tenel Ka was turning to follow them down the hall, a tall figure stepped in front of her.

"Where are you going in such a hurry, your highness?"

The Queen Mother let out an annoyed sigh as she looked up into a pair of icy blue eyes, "I am not in the mood to see you right now, not after what you did. Now move. I am goin
  19. JennyTheShrubber Jedi Knight

star 1
    When I start the next part, it'll probably take place with that same scene (J & TK in the medical bay)

Oh yeah!! I hope the hospital beds are big in the palace ;)

I hope Jacen gets to beat up Gadell at some point. He can't get away with mocking Tenel Ka. Sometimes people die in horrible accidents that can't be traced back to their sources. . . . [face_devil]

On the other hand, he has great potential for evil. That I like!

Anyway, this is a great story, and I anxiously await the next part. And some sweet lovin'. :D

Pervertedly yours,
    Jenny
  20. TurnedJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    This I really like. You?ve definitely nailed the characters, specially Jace.
    Gadell is already getting on my nerves?[face_mischief]

And, please start the next post in the medical bay, it?s time Tenel and Jacen?s feelings gets into the open.
  21. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I hope Jacen gets to beat up Gadell at some point. He can't get away with mocking Tenel Ka. Sometimes people die in horrible accidents that can't be traced back to their sources. . . . [face_devil]

Here, here! :D

Take him out! [face_mischief]
  22. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    *gasp* Great post! Veeeeeery interesting that guy is. Hmm. Let Jacen kick his butt. :D

~~Jilly
  23. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree! Let Jacen kick his rear. And what happened to Danni Quee? Did she die a slow, painful death? ;)

Awesome post!
  24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    great post :D mm...j/tk interaction, even if only a little of it, is so satisfying....

oh...*smacks forehead* okay, paint me an idiot.

If you would like to add your fan fiction to the Young Jedi Knights Index, please PM the following information to YJK_Index:

Title: (linked)
    Author:
    Summary:
    Keywords
    : (please include the genre, pairings and main characters)
    Author?s Notes: (if needed)

thank you :)

(this also applies to your fic "At Least Smile")

*grumbles* founded the thing and can't even remember to bring it up when i read a j/tk [face_plain]....

~TJF
  25. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    Jenny: Hahaha~ hospital beds are big aren't they... hmmm. And sweet lovin' --- I'll have to keep those things in mind. ;) LOL~

TurnedJedi: Thank you for the comment about the characters! I'm ALWAYS worried that I won't get them correct. >_< And hopefully Gadell will get what's coming to him... but I have a few other things planned first. *evil laugh*

Bria: I agree with both of you whole-heartedly. But we have to have SOME fun/fighting/angst first, right?

JainaDurron: I tried to make Gadell interesting. He's got a few other tricks up his sleeve... so he'll just get more interesting... and annoying. o_O

Saber-of-Light: Danni? Hahaha~ well; with her in this story, I'm planning to have her be like a BIG SISTER type. And probably include a scene where she realizes in her head that it would HAVE NEVER WORKED OUT. (Sorry everyone, I was NEVER a J/D fan.) I'm sick of her fawning over Jacen in all the books, she's just getting on my nerves... NOT SAYING I DON'T LIKE THE GIRL. JUST SAYING I DON'T LIKE HER WITH JACEN. So I'm sort of going to shape her the way I want her to be. Since she really has no personality at all in the books. :p)

TJF: That reminds me! I've been meaning to submit 'ATS' to the YJK index! And now I can submit this one too~ Thanks for reminding me! *hugs* And there will be A LOT more J/TK interaction in the future... don't you worry. ;)

There should be a new post tomorrow.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.