main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Simply Being Loved' [post-NJO, J/TK -- COMPLETE! 01/12 = Link to sequel posted! Finally! :D]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Up
    more tonight ?
    up

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Actually, here's a post right here. :D Yay!

Lots of fun in this one. Gadell and Jacen seeing each other for the first time after everything. Muahah~

NOTE: I've posted about three days in a row now. Heheh~ so make sure you're reading the right part! :D

---

Late afternoon settled over the Palace as Hapan Commander Gadell Vessau dressed himself in the dimming light of the medical bay. The head medic had briefed him on his screening, and what happened with the cube lodged in his back.

After she left, Gadell had sat on the floor, with his back against the bottom of the bacta table and let his thoughts drift through his head. It felt odd being back to normal. It felt different, being able to laugh and cry and make snide remarks like he did in the days before Ta'a Chume crossed his family. The Gadell that Jacen Solo had met was like the normal Commander, except multiplied negatively many times. Gadell Vessau was a good person, easy to get along with, who loved to make jokes at the slightest thing, but just out of fun; not spite or hatred like the poisoned Gadell had been doing.

He had gotten dressed into a dark navy blue casual flightsuit and pulled on a pair of tall black boots. His body was still a bit numb from the bacta treatment, but he was getting used to moving at his own accord again. He slid a pair of plain gloves over his hands and started out of the medical bay, vowing to set things right.

---

"What do you want?"

Gadell sat down crosslegged on the stone floor, in front of an old prison cell, setting a tray of food in his lap. The few new cells on the floors below them used layers of glass and force fields to keep prisoners in. The Hapans didn't think this prisoner deserved the luxury of a high-class cell; so they threw her into a damp, old cell on the prison's first floor. The walls were stone and the front was a set of beams that shot across from one side to the other. The beams were spaced closely together and any sort of material sticking through the beams would quickly begin to disintegrate. Nicknamed "blaster bolt" cells, these cells held the lowliest of prisoners.

"Ta'a Chume."

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to bring you your dinner." Gadell nodded to the guard who flipped a switch, which shut off a few of the lower bolts so Gadell could slide the tray under. Ta'a Chume was seated cross-legged on the inside the cell, facing Gadell in a hauntingly identical way. Gadell picked the tray up off of his lap and slowly slid it to her, under the lit beams. After he retracted his hands, the guard flipped the switch again and the beams were instantly replaced. Gadell nodded to the guard again who then turned and exited the corridor, leaving Gadell and Ta'a Chume alone.

"Where is Tenel Ka?" The former Queen Mother sneered the question, as if she wanted to check whether Tenel Ka was alive or not.

Gadell thought of the red-headed royalty whom was quarantined in her quarters at the moment. She hadn't seen her or Jacen since before they all were immersed in their treatments. His oceanic eyes drilled holes into Ta'a Chume's tired orbs.

"I asked you a question, Vessau."

"And who ever said you deserved any kind of answer?" Gadell spoke calmly, sparks of airy cerulean dancing in his eyes. The former Queen Mother just watched him with narrowed eyes.

Gadell snickered, leaning his face in close to the bolts of light, shooting across the opening. He knew what he was about to say most likely was not true at all, but for some odd reason, he wanted to see Ta'a Chume get angry. He wanted her to lose herself in her own blind hatred.

"I'm sure by now Tenel Ka and General Jacen Solo are up in her quarters, professing their love to each other." A sly grin crossed his face as his voice lowered to a throaty whisper, "...maybe they're even in her bed together, making up for lost time. Jacen's running his hands all over her body; a lowly Solo boy touching your granddaughter, the Queen Mother of Hapes... and she's enjoying every second of it, drowning in his attention."

"Shut up.

3. JennyTheShrubber

JennyTheShrubber Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    But then again... you wouldn't know about a silly little thing like love, would you? Mercilessly killing people for inane reasons

*looks around nervously* How did you know about that? WHO DID YOU TELL?!!! :p

Seriously, though, welcome back and great job on the story! I hope Tenel Ka isn't completely back to normal, if you know what I mean. . . . Hehehe. And, please don't kill Ta'a Chume! She's my IDOL!!! :p

Well, I'm off to hide some incriminating evidence! Buh bye!

4. Zekkxy

Zekkxy Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Hmmm...did Gadell posion Ta'Chume? I sure hope so, she needs to die something awful. Exile is too nice for her.

Oh yes, and for a second I was afraid the ending wouldn't be happy and mushy, I guess that was stupid of me.

In short, it's ending too fast, start the Sequels now.

5. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Jenny: Muahahah! Ta'a Chume? Your idol?! NEVER! ;) And thank for the comments! *hugs*

Zekkxy: I said the ending was mushy... but I never said it would be happy. *whistles*

NOTE: THERE IS ONE CHAPTER LEFT. Then a drawn out epilogue. And that's all. 'Simply Being Loved' will be roughly complete... but there is a sequel. Don't you worry. Since I'm on a writing kick, I'm sure it'll show up in the coming days. :D

Last real post (besides epilogue) tonight hopefully!

6. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

NO!!!!!!!!

grounded, sneaking on, got to go!!!

7. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    yay!!!!!!!!

*starts chant* mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush mush muhs mush mush!!!

:D

8. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    :D Teeehehe!

READ OR GET A BEAT DOWN: This is the last post besides the epilogue. I have posted FOUR times in the past couple days. So MAKE SURE YOU'RE READING THE RIGHT PART! And get out your tissues, I think.

---

"General, we cannot let you in. It is bad enough we have to let someone in to give the Queen Mother her dinner. She could still have poison in her system and no one needs to take the risk of getting themselves poisoned. I am sure she will be fine tomorrow. So just run along General."

"Right." Jacen Solo wandered away from the duo of female guards blocking the entrance to Tenel Ka's quarters. As he rounded the corner, he began running as fast as possible to the end of the hall, and slamming into the door of Anhaje's room, he started banging on it. "Anhaje?!"

The handmaiden threw the door open with her left hand, her right hand full of documents she had to get the Queen Mother to look at. "Yes, Jacen? Would you like pretty shoes this time too?"

"No, but I need the robe again," Jacen laughed.

"What?!" Anhaje's voice lowered to a hiss, as she set the papers on a table by the door. "Jacen, you said I would get an explanation."

Jacen stood at the open door, arms crossed over his chest, a faint smile on his face. Anhaje retreated back into her chambers and found one of her handmaiden robes. "Come on, explain." She handed the robe to him.

As he pulled it over his head, his smile widened and as he situated the robe, he glanced up into her wide, quizzical eyes.

"I'm in love, Anhaje."

"Anyone could have told you that, Solo."

He laughed, one of most joyous laughs she had ever heard out of him. He was obviously incredibly happy about something.

Probably the fact that this whole mess is over, Anhaje thought to herself.

"It's the only way I can get in."

"I figured as much." Anhaje nodded and stepped back into her chambers, a sly smile on her face, "Now go on. Do not keep her highness waiting."

---

Tenel Ka was still, lying on her bed face down, her visage buried in the mound of pillows at the head of her bed. Boredom and a slight depression had settled over her. She wanted to speak with Jacen, she wanted to see him; but this quarantine they had hanging over her head gave her no freedom to. She knew it was for the best, since she still might be poisoned, but it still made her feel tired and a bit annoyed.

She heard her door slide open and she heightened her senses a small amount, just to keep herself on guard. The Force told her it was a shy person, a handmaiden, just bringing her dinner. She couldn't really feel the handmaiden out in the Force, nor did she really want to. Tenel Ka actually felt lazy for once.

Her stern yet fragile voice sounded, muffled by the pillows, "Just set it on the table."

The handmaiden stared at the Queen Mother, who was sprawled out on top of the silk sheets of her bed with her face buried in her feathery pillows. Placing the plate of food on the vanity table, the handmaiden then approached the bed and sat down on the edge of it, hovering masculine hands over her tense back.

Tenel Ka sensed the handmaiden there and rolled over quickly, kicking and smacking both hands away and in an instant she was sitting up, breathing heavily.

"Ow." The handmaiden rubbed his hands together and shrugged the hood off of his head. "You're still vicious when it comes to hand-to-hand, aren't you?"

"Jacen?"

"Sorry I had to sneak in again. The guards are really keeping the strict rule about the quarantine. I'm surprised they even let anyone in to give you your dinner." A smile crossed his face.

Tenel Ka sat on her cushy bed, her back to the pillows that she had been breathing into. She was clothed in a simple black nightgown, made of Hapan silk, as always. The neckline of the gown drooped in a half circle shape and the straps of it were a few inches thick. The way she was seated on the bed let the slit up the left side of the gown part, showing off the tan flesh of her leg. Her right arm was resting in her lap and her cloudy eyes

9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Except for breaking some of the Gort necklace, its a great conclusion.
    Especily the imploed thread from Gadell to Ta'a Chume.

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DAMN YOU!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO POOR JACEN??? :_|

THEY KISSED!! :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D

FINALLY!!

It almost seemed that you were determined to tear Jacen and Tenel Ka apart... *sniff*

:_| :_| :_|

But they're in love.

:D :D :D

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    First post I read-Kill Ta'a Chume, kill her! And I'm glad that Gadell's better and that he and Jacen can become friends.

Second post I read-He told her! He told her! About kriffin' time! And he has to leave again...Goes and takes care of galactic problem so Jacen and Tenel Ka can have 'quality time' together

You owe me, Solo.

12. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    OMG..that was positivly the best ending of a story I have ever read! Oh you wrote that beautifully and I can't wait fro the next installment!

EJ

13. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was a fanastic ending to the story, TK. Can't wait to see the epilogue and the sequel. :)

~~Jilly

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    More soon -Tenel-Ka- ?

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    3MD: ^____^ Thank you! And the epilogue will probably be posted tomorrow --- or Sunday at the latest.

Jaid: Yeah; they're in love. <3 But to cause angst, be apart they must. *CACKLE* It'll work out. Sometime.

Striker: Gadell and Jacen will become good friends in the future... maybe after some more much needed chats. Teeheh~ And I'm sure TK and J will thank you for fixing that galactic problem! ;)

EJ: Thank you so much! What an incredibly nice comment. :) *HUGS!!!* The next installment is going to be a tad bit different (genre-wise & character/plot-wise) --- but it'll still have that insanity that SBL contained.

JainaDurron: Thank you!!! I can't wait to write the epilogue and the sequel... let's just say the epilogue will directly affect the sequel... you'll see what I mean when it gets posted.

:D Thank you all again~!!

16. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    Yay!!

Beautiful ending TK!!

Jacen's a softie! [face_love] THe way he cried because he couldn't spend time w.Tenel Ka is so sweet!

I can't wait for the epilogue!

*clears throst* "Will Jacen be herioc? Will he ever go back to his love? Will Jacen learn to say no every once-in-a-while? Let's hope so!" :D

17. Tenel_Ka_Index

Tenel_Ka_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    With TK waiting for me I'd tell the bosses to take their mission and shove it.

[EDIT]
    3MD here, oops, frogot to logout of the index

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awww!!!! [face_love] That was awesome! :D Poor Jacen and Tenel though. :( Stupid glaxy ripping them apart. :mad:

19. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Takes -Tenel-Ka- xmas tree anger orniment (the kind that goes on top of the tree)
    Jamms the top of the tree into the ornimates posterior.
    Buts bomb by tree.
    Blows theread up to P1 were it belongs.

20. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    tenelfan14: Thank you! Yeah; I always thought Jacen was the softie of the Solo bunch.

J&J: I know. Stupid galaxy always needs saving. Aren't their other people who could do it? ;) *hi5*

3MD: Haha~! well you got your wish! Here's the epilogue! :D

Here ya go everyone! Epilogue time! I'll have some author's notes/fun facts later... POSSIBLY ALONG WITH SOME SEQUEL PREVIEWS/INFO. :D

---

"I think it would be wise for them to---" Tenel Ka stopped mid-sentence and looked up towards her Commander, who had stepped up towards the throne and cleared his throat, waiting for her attention. "Commander?"

"Pardon me your highness," he looked from her to who she was speaking to, "Lady Anhaje."

Anhaje nodded, a polite smile crossing her face. Two months had passed since the celebration and the events that escalated between Tenel Ka, Gadell Vessau and Jacen Solo. Two months since Jacen Solo had to leave... Tenel Ka had been on the edge of becoming a wreck, but she had pulled herself together quickly, knowing she had to stay strong for her people. Gadell had proven himself a gentleman in those two months and Anhaje no longer wanted him gone. She had noticed the Queen Mother and the Commander had gotten closer.

Much closer.

Tenel Ka blinked, a quizzical spark in her gray eyes.

"I have a tranmission that I think you should see, Queen Mother."

"Alright. In a moment." Tenel Ka leaned back to Anhaje and exchanged a few words before sliding off of her throne and following the Commander out of the long, busy chamber.

They started down the hallway, to the Communications Center of the Palace, Tenel Ka flanking Gadell on his right side.

"What is it?"

A sigh escaped the Commander's thinned lips, "You'll see. It was sent over a general com channel. We're lucky that we're the ones who picked it up."

As Tenel Ka walked behind him, she stared at the back of his head. His black, slightly wavy hair freshly trimmed so the ends reached to the base of his neck. It still hung around his face in a perfect frame, like it always seemed to do. She remembered when she had entered the garden, the day after Jacen Solo left, and saw Gadell standing in front of his mother's statue, absently staring up at her stony visage.

"I know what you did," she had started with.

Gadell had stayed silent. He knew exactly what she spoke of. Ta'a Chume had been found dead in her cell that morning, her tongue swollen. She had choked on it and died, writhing around on the floor of her cell. The medics found traces of some sort of poison in her system and thought it to be suicide... some sort of poison that she had with her and used on herself.

Tenel Ka knew otherwise.

Gadell had turned around and looked her straight in the eyes, "And I know what you're here to do. It was worth it." He held his hands out in front of him, towards her. "Go on. Arrest me."

Tenel Ka had stepped over to him, and pushed his hands down to his sides. "It was wrong of you to do that. And I will let it pass. It was her time to go. And I undertsand why you did it." Her eyes trailed to the statue's of their mothers before they locked back on his calming blue eyes. "But never ever do anything like it again. Or I shall be forced to throw you to the Court, instead of taking matters into my own hands. And I promise you, the Court can be extremely vicious."

"Understood. I apoligize for doing it in the first place. But to me, it seemed like the right thing after all that woman has done."

"Once I start teaching you the basics of becoming a Jedi Knight, it will not be the right thing."

Gadell let a slight smile cross his face as he nodded. He knew Tenel Ka was not a Jedi Master, but she could still teach him the basics of the Force, especially since Master Luke Skywalker thought it would be a good idea. "Does that mean I'm still the Commander?"

"Yes." She turned and stared up to her mother before fully responding, "As long as the posion was not the thing causing

21. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    WHOA! FIRST POST!

Wow, I can't believe it just ends there!! You can't do that to us!!! There's gonna be a sequel, right?

I've just caught up on everything you've posted since December 4th, and I just wanted to say again (if I haven't mentioned it already) what a *fantastic* story you have here! It's amazing; the characters are so realistic and lovable, the writing flows beautifully, and the plot is so unpredictable that I love it! Everything is so wonderful that I'm running out of adjectives here! LOL you've done a great job with this story and I can't wait to read more from you!

22. Wild_Phoenix

Wild_Phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    *blinks*

Uh...

*blinks yet again.*

They FINALLY get their acts together and you do THIS!?! YOU ARE EVIL!! But damn...now I WANT to see the sequel even moreso. I just got this feeling Tenel Ka's gonna be leading the charge big time.

*looks at the bad guys*

You might want to run..because I doubt begging is gonna help you poor saps.

23. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Thats evil.
    NIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

Will Anhaje and Gadell hook up maybe ?

24. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow! That was a great ending! :D I'm glad that Gadell and Tenel are like brother and sister. [face_love] Poor Jacen! :( Tenel has to go and save him!!!! :(

25. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    How long til the next fic gets started ?
    PM the link to the index when you start it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.