main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Simply Being Loved' [post-NJO, J/TK -- COMPLETE! 01/12 = Link to sequel posted! Finally! :D]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    WooT!! I knew Tenel Ka would kick butt!

~Rogue

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    rogue11lovesjag: LOL~ I love when TK kicks butt. :D

Alright; here's the next part. It's not as long but that's because I didn't want to start the ball/banquet/dance will next post.

(Every fanfiction has a ball! :D I love dancing. <3)

---

A few moments passed and Jacen rested his hands on his lap, still staring at his old friend.

He knew something had happened. That was the reason he was in this medical bay.

I felt her anger. I felt her get shoved... that's why I fainted. That wasn't a dream I just had...

"Tenel Ka, are you okay?"

Her eyes trailed towards the ground and she affixed them on some invisible object, "I am fine."

He watched her, sitting upright in the chair on his right side.

She's more incredible than I remember.

Last time he had seen her, they were being knighted. It was after he returned from Yuuzhan'tar. It seemed so long ago. She had been clad in her long non-descript Jedi robes, like everyone else who took part in the ceremony.

He had never seen her on her planet. In her element.

Until this moment. Here she was. Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo.

Her crown rested atop her head like a silver halo floating in a sea of fire. She was wearing a purple dress, the same one she was wearing in Jacen's dream, and a silver armband around the end of her left arm. Her face had a new look of maturity and elegance.

She was busy staring at the floor, so Jacen knew he could afford to admire her a bit longer.

And that was when he noticed the discoloration on her left shoulder.

A bruise.

"Tenel Ka."

Their gaze met.

"Where were you before you came out to the docking bay?"

"She was with me. We were on our way out to greet the Falcon, after we spoke with some of the guards about security for the famous Solo family."

Jacen plastered a fake smile on his face, as he looked to the doorway.

Tenel Ka arose from her seat, scowling inwardly to herself, "Jacen Solo, this is Commander Gadell Vessau."

She turned to the Commander.

"Gadell, meet General Jacen Solo."

Gadell nodded to him, reaching across the bed to shake Jacen's hand. Clad in black pants and a deep blue Hapan silk jacket, Jacen thought Gadell looked pretty snappy.

A bit too snappy.

"It is very nice to meet you, General Solo. I hope everything is well with your health. We wouldn't want you missing the banquet tonight. There's supposed to be lots of dancing, drinking and all around fun."

"I wouldn't miss it for the galaxy," Jacen brushed his hands through his hair.

"Your highness," Gadell looked over to Tenel Ka, "We should get going. You still have to get ready."

"Fact." She nodded her head to Jacen, "All of your luggage has been moved to your quarters, you may leave whenever you want to go get ready."

Tenel Ka knew the medics would be a little angry that she overrode their decision to keep him there until they found out what happened. But she knew what happened, so he didn't need to be there any longer.

He felt my anger. I left his Force connection open... and he felt it worse than I did.

She could feel Jacen's imploring brandy-brown eyes locked on her.

"I'll be going to get ready in a few minutes. Thank you, your highness," Jacen used her formal title which caused her cringe a bit.

Gadell's eyes narrowed as he turned and walked away from the awkward scene. He knew the Solo family was staying at the Palace for their two weeks here, in fact, he was the one who suggested the idea.

He had his reasons.

Back in the room of the medical bay, Jacen slid out of the comfortable bed and stepped into his boots. He glanced up to the Queen Mother, who was absently staring at the doorway.

"You would tell me if something was wrong, right?"

She looked over to him, quickly looking back to the door. Her face was flushed from the sight of Jacen attempting to pull his white undershirt over his head.

"I would," she replied, looking back over to him. He was still tangled in the undershirt and Tenel Ka couldn't stand it any longer

3. -JacenSolo-

-JacenSolo- Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    I really love your story. It's great.

You've really nailed the characters. And it's Jacen/TK which is awesome. I can't wait for more.

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Bria: I agree with both of you whole-heartedly. But we have to have SOME fun/fighting/angst first, right?

Sure. As long as Jacen is the winner. [face_devil]

Danni? Hahaha~ well; with her in this story, I'm planning to have her be like a BIG SISTER type. And probably include a scene where she realizes in her head that it would HAVE NEVER WORKED OUT. (Sorry everyone, I was NEVER a J/D fan.) I'm sick of her fawning over Jacen in all the books, she's just getting on my nerves... NOT SAYING I DON'T LIKE THE GIRL. JUST SAYING I DON'T LIKE HER WITH JACEN. So I'm sort of going to shape her the way I want her to be. Since she really has no personality at all in the books.

Yes, yes! Exactly. It's not as much as I don't like her (there isn't a lot of character there :p), it's that I don't like Jacen and Danni as a couple! [face_plain] Blah. ;)

I have to tell him. I have to tell him what I am being forced to do...

What is she being forced to do? :mad:

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Bria said:

Yes, yes! Exactly. It's not as much as I don't like her (there isn't a lot of character there ), it's that I don't like Jacen and Danni as a couple! Blah.

That's how I feel about J/J and Jag. I've come to really adore Jag as a character and I love how I write him in stories, but I don't like Jag and Jaina as a couple. (See my user name for who I DO like as a couple :D)

Great post -Tenel-Ka-! And what is Tenel Ka being forced to do?! Certainly not consider the Hapan jerk for her consort!? :(

~~Jilly

6. JennyTheShrubber

JennyTheShrubber Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    He felt my anger. I left his Force connection open... and he felt it worse than I did.

So that's it! And here I thought Jacen was tripping. I was just talking to my friend about the weird hallucinations she had on malaria drugs before I read the previous post. I guess this blows my "I'm psychic" theory :(

Oh well. I predicted they would play a certain Badfinger song on the radio a few days ago, so that makes up for it ;)

Tenel Ka must've been really pissed off if it made Jacen faint. I passed out once in front of my entire English class. That was embarrassing.

7. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh wow! Mystery! I wonder what's going on!

Great posts! Can't wait to find out what's the clue here ;)

8. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    What a great story!

Can't wait for more!

KJ

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great post :D i loved this part --

As she turned away to exit the room, Jacen could've sworn he saw a small smile cross the Queen Mother's face.
    "Tenel Ka..."
    She spun around.
    And he was right. The slightest hint of a smile danced across her lips.
    "Nevermind, go on... we don't want you late for that banquet. I expect at least ONE dance with you."

so sweet [face_love] and fits in just right with everything :)

~TJF

10. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Awww guys; you make me feel so loved. *sniffle*

Jaaaaaaacen: Much better than it was when I started it, no? I know I've revised it like... 4529748957483975 times since you and Zekkie started reading it. :p But it's better now... I think. :D

Bria: You'll find out, by the next post I believe. And exactly! I never thought Jacen and Danni complimented each other as a couple.

JainaDurron: With Jaina; I like all of her possibilities (Jag, Kyp, Zekk) --- I don't mind any of them. So if I continue writing other stories, it'll probably be random who she ends up with in each one. Hehe~ But I know where you're coming from. *hug* That's how it was with me at first. "WHO IS THIS JAG GUY?!"

Jenny: MUAHAHAHA~ You have ESP. :D And ouch. Passing out in front of English class? Awwww... :( And yeah... I was trying to show that TK was REALLLLLLLLLY mad. Come on, if it caused the great Jacen Solo to faint?! It must be bad. Tehehehe~!

Elfsheen: I looooove mystery. Whenever I read stories, I like wondering what's going to happen next. Of course, with this part it's probably easy to see what's coming next --- so hopefully later I'll be able to throw in more twists! :)

KataiJade: Thank you!! :D I can't wait either! *thinks* Wait a minute... *runs off to write more*

TJF: Thank you~~ *hug!* I try to give them cute little moments, like the ones in the YJK; since almost all of the NJO is absent of them. >_<

Thanks again for reading! *hugs everyone*

11. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Wee! Okay I lied. The dancing is going to be in the NEXT post. I just kept on writing this one and I didn't stop. :D

---

Her hair was longer than he remembered it, a bit straighter, framing her face and snaking almost down to her waist. Jacen observed this as the Queen Mother spoke to the crowd of people seated in front of her. Her frigid eyes seemed to bore into each and every person in the chamber, like she was learning their deepest secrets just by staring at them.

Jacen Solo felt bad for not really listening to what she was saying, but he was busy taking in what he had missed. From her, from everyone.

But mostly from her.

Earlier, he had seen and spoken to many people. Jagged Fel, Tahiri Veila, Alema Rar, Lowbacca, Zekk, Tesar and Saba Sebatyne, Gilad Pellaeon, Danni Quee, Tekli...

Tenel Ka had to stay in her quarters until she was announced to speak.

I bet she hates that.

He continued to stare at her.

Jacen was seated in the fourth row of the chamber, on Tenel Ka's right side, behind rows of Jedi, Jedi Masters and Admirals of every type of military unit imaginable. On his right side was Tahiri Veila, dressed in a dark blue gown, almost black. And on his left, clad in that favorite red dress of hers, Jaina Solo. In front of him, Jacen noticed Zekk's mess of black hair and beside that was Lowie's even messier form.

Of course, both of them were tidied up for the ceremonies.

Jacen looked back to the stage and saw that Gadell had begun speaking.

He leaned over to his sister and rested his chin on her shoulder, hissing into her ear, "How long has Gadell been talking?"

Jaina tilted her head and whispered back, "I'd say about five minutes. He's kind of handsome."

Jag, who was seated on the other side of Jaina, leaned into the conversation, "I heard that."

Jaina turned and threw a snicker at Jag as Jacen pulled away from her and slouched down in his chair. He would sit properly for the Queen Mother, but not Gadell. There was just something about him...

"...if you would all please adjourn to the Gardens, you can observe the memorials placed for the people lost in the war. And on behalf of the Queen Mother, the Hapan Court and the Hapan Fleets, I would like to thank you all again for coming."

Commander Vessau nodded once and turned to the Queen Mother, who was standing behind him. She started off of the stage, followed by Gadell and the Court, as the crowd seated in the chamber arose and began filing out, towards the gardens.

"Jacen, want to come with us?" Jaina inquired, as her right hand latched into Jag's belt to keep him from going anywhere.

Jacen watched as Tenel Ka vanished, "Huh?" He shook himself out of a daze and turned to his sister, "Oh yeah. I do."

Jaina eyed Tahiri who stood up, fumbling with a scarf on her dress, "Tahiri?"

"Of course," she said as she tried to bat the scarf out of the way. Tahiri would never be used to formal wear.

Jaina chuckled, "Then let's go." She would've asked Lowie and Zekk also, but they were long gone, probably not wanting to hang out in the stuffy atmosphere any longer than they had to.

The four exited the chamber and followed the people to the Fountain Palace's gardens.

---

"I'll catch up with you guys later," Jacen clapped Jag on the shoulder.

Jag, Jaina and Tahiri continued around the gardens, in the order the memorials were placed, as were all the other people.

Jacen had to move ahead.

"Don't get lost, Jasa." His sister watched him dash off through the gardens, the chains on his belt dangling wildly.

Jacen was wearing a snapped up, dressy version of the old Corellian CorSec uniform, much to his Dad's glee. Seeing his oldest son in anything with Corellian bloodstripes on it made Han Solo one happy man. Jacen had found it awhile back on the Falcon, along with many other odd things that Han didn't remember he had. Jacen cleaned it up a bit out of boredom one day, adding some things to it.

And now he decided it was time to show it off.

Some people still seemed to look at Jacen Sol

12. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Yay, great post! I like this story.

Astro

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    you're doing an excellent job with the little moments, -Tenel-Ka-, keep it up ;)

this wasn't in anyway mushy and isn't really even about j/tk, but it's perfect --

"You idiot! You had the perfect chance!"

Jacen spun around, stumbling over his own feet, "Anakin?!"

Who was he kidding? Anakin wasn't there. But Jacen swore as he glanced at everyone's pictures again before he left, that their smiles were broader and even more playful. And exiting through the archway, he could hear echoes of sly giggles from the grove.

:D

~TJF

14. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    "You idiot! You had the perfect chance!"

Ah, well, Solos have histories of mild idiocy :D

Excellent posts! :D :D

15. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh this is very sweet! I like how you portray Jacen...he almost seems... human :D

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I just finished the story. It's great! The memorial to the fallen Jedi was nice.

And can I start hating Gadell now? He roughed up Tenel Ka. That makes me angry, and he wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :mad: ;)

17. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie!

18. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    Tenel Ka reached up and put her right hand on his chest, pushing herself back from him.

It was her comlink.

Jacen could've kicked himself.

What? No sweet lovin' down by the fire? You are killing me, -Tenel-Ka-! Dig a grave and push me in!

The Strike Team memorial was done very nicely :) What a perfect opportunity to display your fanart! :D
    I also like the scene because I like ghost stories so much. We are approaching Halloween, after all. ;)

19. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    astrowoman: Thank you for reading! *hugs* Hopefully the next post will be online soon!

TJF: Thank ya kindly~ :D I try my best with the little moments. <3 And the Anakin part... that was fun to write; I love writing the Solo children interacting with one another --- so much sarcasm and stuff.

Saber-of-Light: LOL~! MUAHAHA~ Mild idiocy! Ain't that the truth. Thank you for the comment too!

Elfsheen: YAY~!! Thank you! That's an incredible comment to receive. Jacen has been lacking for me in the NJO lately. He just doesn't seem Jaceny enough. o_O And I know he was supposed to change... but was he really supposed to be a totally different person?! :D

RK!: Thank you for reading! And thank you for the comment about the memorial, I really wanted to add something that had to do with the Strike Team (since I love them so much) and since it was Jacen and Tenel Ka's last moments together (since Destiny's Way doesn't really count) ...

JainaDurron: THANK YOU~!! *hugsssssss* BTW, I keep meaning to comment on 'Oskio Preskania Fracio' because it's an awesome story~ but I need time! I'm loving every second of the story! Keep up the awesome work!

Jenny: HAHAH~ omg I love you. *cackles* No sweet lovin' yet. And my art?! You mean my magnificent HIGH QUALITY piece of strike team fanart?!??! OR my INSANE STRIKE TEAM WALLPAPER?

Muahahahaha~! And Jenny, thanks for the comment about the strike team memorial too. I really enjoyed writing that part. Since it was a huge grove surrounded by plants (LIFE) and it was a memorial to people who had the Force --- I thought they had to be around somewhere, right? ;)

The next part should hopefully be up soon. I would've started it yesterday but I HAD to scrawl the new j/tk one-poster out before the idea escaped me.

(JENNY. GO READ THAT ONE! *points to link above* YOU WILL GET YOUR SWEET LOVIN'!!! sort of. hehe)

I'm done rambling now. :D

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    BTW, I keep meaning to comment on 'Oskio Preskania Fracio' because it's an awesome story~ but I need time! I'm loving every second of the story! Keep up the awesome work!

Awww! I didn't know you were reading that. :) I'm glad you like it. You would probably like Pain and Insanity as well, the first two parts of my Depths of the Heart Series. Jacen and Tenel Ka action in those as well. :)

~~Jilly

21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    JainaDurron: As soon as I have time I will read all of your stories. <3 You're a great writer!! ^___^

HERE'S A NEW POST ---

WARNING: This is where the story starts going crazy. You're going to have to pay attention to stuff you've already read and stuff that you will read to connect events and stuff. ...AND STUFF.

---

The banquet was held in the same chamber the ceremonies were in. It was an enormous room with high ceilings and stone walls. Seeping through man-made cracks in the walls were vines of dried Hapan carnivorous seaweed, crawling up towards the top edge of the room. The ceiling was made of the strongest glass invented and the dim light of the room let the glow from the moons and the stars spill into the chamber.

The food was already cleared out of the room, as were the tables. Jacen thought the banquet itself was delicious, but uneventful. He was seated at a huge round table with his parents, Tahiri Veila, Jagged Fel and his twin sister, Jaina Solo. As they were seating themselves, Jaina shoved Jacen towards the seat that gave him the best view of the front of the room, where the court was seated.

Where Tenel Ka was seated.

Where Gadell was seated.

Jacen watched them the whole time. Sitting beside each other.

He could feel her taking it and dealing with it. He could feel her through the Force.

He could feel the fact that she wanted to lean over and smack him. But she couldn't. She had to look like she was playing along, for her people.

Jacen observed every little movement. The way he would use his slender fingers to push the curtain of copper out of her face. The way he leaned in closer to her to tell her something. The way random locks of his black hair would curl onto her cheek as he murmured things into her ear. The way she let the tiniest bit of a smile through her shield.

From her it was all an act, Jacen knew.

But is it an act from him?

Jacen stood against the wall, staring up at the sky through the clear ceiling. He was holding a glass of simple Hapan Ale. He didn't drink much alcohol at all, in fact, he had taken one sip of it and then just stood there, holding it and staring at the sky. It wasn't that it was bad... he just wasn't in the mood to do much of anything at all.

As he absently stared up to the heavens, the music started playing. It floated through the chamber, reaching his ears and calming his nerves. He had no sense of time after he closed his eyes.

A few minutes passed. He just stood there, with his back against the wall, his drink in his hand, his head tilted back and his eyes closed.

---

Her gray eyes went wide as she dropped the glass from her hand. She was standing in front of Jacen, talking to him about random things...

Then she took a sip of her drink...

Blood seeped out of the corners of her mouth as she held her throat with her right hand. Jacen grabbed her waist and proceeded to rock her a bit, "Tenel Ka!"

The Queen Mother's eyes locked on his, they were losing color. Her face was losing color.

She was losing color, losing life.

What do I do?!

The blood dribbled onto her gown and down to the floor, before she fell into his arms, smearing his CorSec outfit with a mix of blood and saliva.

"Tenel Ka?!"

He shook her back and forth. No one was giving them a second glance. Hundreds of people in the chamber, no one noticed. Everything was silent. He couldn't even hear himself screaming her name.

She glanced up to him one more time, gurgling something unintelligible. No words were escaping her mouth.

Only blood. Rich, red blood.

And everything was moving slowly.

---

"Jacen?"

The music floated to his ears once more, along with a soothing voice, inquiring just why he was standing there, absently dozing off.

"Your highness. I..." He blinked a couple of times. Jacen Solo was at a loss for words.

A Hapan male walked up to the pair with a tray of drinks and offered them up. Tenel Ka took the glass closest to her off of the tray. Jacen raised his

22. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_shocked] :mad: *chases TK screaming:* "What did you do??? Come back here and fix this! PRONTO!

Okay, translated this means: Awesome post.I liked this post very, very much! Do please post more in the very near future.

23. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    Yay!! Requited love! Yay!

Ok, either Jacen is doing some serious drugs, or Tenel Ka is up ---- creek without a paddle. Would it be safe to say that they are on a collision course to wackiness?

Sorry, I just love that phrase. They used it on "Mystery Science Theater" all the time, and I still find it amusing :D

"I felt that," Tenel Ka cocked her head to the side, referring to his guilt.

Sure, "guilt" ;) That's what they call it nowadays. Reminds me of a song. . . .

Great job, as always! I love the wallpaper too, but you know that ;)

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, she knows! She knows! Does a funky little dance Argh, he collapsed! Gets ready to kill Gadell I know he's behind it. I can feel it, and he's made me angry...

25. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Elfsheen: LOL~! I don't know what TK is going to do about it. (Actually I do, but I'm not telling. ;)) Thank you kindly! Actually I'll be posting a part in a few minutes... it'll be sort of short. But I'll post another long post on Sunday or Monday.

Jenny: Wahahhaa~ MST rocks. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :D :D :D

"Is that your guilt? Or are you just happy to see me?!"

*HUG!* That ruled. ROFL. And thank you for the comment on the wallpaper. hehe~

RK: Yeah she knows, FINALLY! :D Hmmm... Gadell is one tough cookie to crack. There's more about him in the next part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.