main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Simply Being Loved' [post-NJO, J/TK -- COMPLETE! 01/12 = Link to sequel posted! Finally! :D]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Jenny: Jacen really needs to start kicking some serious booty, doesn't he? ARG. Hmm... The Anastasia Syndrome --- I believe I've heard of it. Maybe I should check it out. :D

AvenKiel: Awwww! ^_^ Yay! You want more~!! I've already begun writing the next part; and if we're lucky it'll be online today or tomorrow.

And Ta'a Chume? She was exiled from Hapes in Dark Journey. If my memory serves me correctly.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, that was...intense. Tenel Ka's gone insane. :( :mad:

I've never seen The Ring so I don't know where the reference is. The switch of the Strike Team's portraits was creepy as all hell, that it was.

Can I kill Gadell now?

3. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    *eyes go wide and jaw drops*

4. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Striker: Yeah; she has gone insane, for now. :D Well; the part where the dead crawl out of the portraits was the influence from the Ring... and I didn't even notice it until I was done writing the part. Hehe~

And killing Gadell? Awww come on, he's so much fun! Why would you want to do that? ;)

JainaDurron: LOL~ I like that reaction. It makes me think I'm doing my job. :D

Thank ya all~ *hugs*

5. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    wow...excellent posts!!! This is so awsome! Oh what happened to jacen? I'm glad he woke up at least...more soon?

EJ

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    It's the 21st! Where's the post? :eek: WHERE'S THE POST?!?! :_|

Or was it just 10/21 where you are and not board time? :(

Anyway... some nice posts. WHY DIDN'T JACEN REALLY STOP HER? He was right! It was poison! :_|

Anyhoo... as you said I could, here is the mistake I noticed yesterday:

First, along Jacen's left was Ulaha Kore. As he stepped closer to her flickering portrait, her could hear echoes of the song the Bith played before she died.

Should be he could hear echos, not her could hear echoes. ;)

I also picked up on repeats of Jaina and Tahiri's last names... when done I'd throw that out as they have already been introduced. But I'm guessing that was from your posting this in segments and will be part of that "taking out" you mentioned. ;)

MORE! :D

7. JennyTheShrubber

JennyTheShrubber Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    Hmm... The Anastasia Syndrome --- I believe I've heard of it. Maybe I should check it out.

You should! Mary Higgins Clark loves multiple personalities and hypnotic regression and cool stuff like that. I used to read her religiously. Unfortunately, her novels are pretty formulaic, and once you've read a couple, you can tell pretty much how the next book you read will go. That is, except for The Anastasia Syndrome. It's the only book of hers that I've read that is dramatically different from the others. So, yeah. . . definately check it out ;) I have no idea what Anastasia has to do with it though. ?[face_plain]

And Ta'a Chume? She was exiled from Hapes in Dark Journey. If my memory serves me correctly.

She was? I'm going to have to go back and read that one again.

8. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    EJ: Thank you! LOL~ You're glad he woke up at least for now... I'm sure something else will happen to him later. ;)

Bria: The post I made before was made at like... 1 in the morning. LOL~ so it counted as the 21st. :D But there should be a new post soon, no worries! And thank you for pointing out the error to me! I'll have to go back and change it! *hugs*

Jenny: *needs to go to the bookstore now!* LOL~ what DOES Anastasia have to do with it. Hehe~ And yeah; she was exiled I BELIEVE. I'm not really sure, but for some reason that's what I remember.

[Maybe that's just what I WANT to happen to her. HEHE.]

New post soon! :D

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yeah, that's what I figured. ;) I look foward to more. :D

10. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Well here's more for ya, Bria! ;)

ALRIGHT KIDDIES! Here ya go. :D And when you see Jacen's POV of TK/G; IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS; JUST KEEP READING. (*CACKLE*)

---

The next morning was calm. A breeze blew through the open windows of the Palace and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Calm until Gadell Vessau woke up. He had fallen asleep the night before beside Tenel Ka, in her bed. After finding her in the grove, he took her back to her room and made sure she was sleeping alright, only to crash beside her, snoring quietly.

The Queen Mother was running a fever and when Gadell opened his ice blue eyes and spotted beads of sweat all down his fiancée's face, he bolted out of the room at a full on run.

"The Queen Mother has a fever," he found the medics, who rushed to her room after hearing the news.

They went to take care of her and she woke up by lunchtime. But the fever still raged on.

---

Jacen woke up late, too late for breakfast.

He was sprawled out on his bed, his sheets tangled around his right leg. Random white petals were lying all over, some in his hair, some on the pillow, some on his bed. His CorSec jacket was nuzzled under his left arm and he was lying in his white shirt and black pants.

He had gotten in the night before and pulled his boots off then he fell asleep in the middle of trying to undo his CorSec jacket.

He sat up, kicking the sheets off of his leg. He felt his back crack. His neck ached. His head was pounding.

Jacen Solo was a mess.

A yawn escaped his lips, he tried to stifle it, but it was too strong.

"Jacen?" A pounding on the door.

Stumbling over, he pressed the button, letting the door slide open. And he was greeted by a female mirror image of himself.

"Hey Jaya." Jacen leaned against the doorframe, feeling a little dizzy.

"Jacen," Jaina pushed his shoulder. "Wake up, get ready. Lunchtime. Why were you still sleeping?"

He looked at the his sister, shaking his head clear of the remnants of sleep-induced insanity.

"What happened this morning? Anything?" Jacen referred to news of the Queen Mother or incidents in the garden, but Jaina stayed silent.

Guess not.

Jacen was beginning to think the whole thing was a dream until she crossed her arms and nervously shifted from one foot to the other.

Guess so?

"What?" Jacen pushed himself off of the doorframe.

"Tenel Ka is running a high fever."

Jacen's face scrunched into a look of disbelief.

"The medics don't know if it's just a bug or if something happened... but she's going to be at lunch, along with Gadell, whose in charge while Tenel Ka is sick."

Jacen slammed his fist into the doorframe and spun around, wandering back towards his bed.

"What?" Jaina stepped into his room. The guest quarters were almost as incredible as the rooms belonging to the Court. Large rooms, high ceilings, stone walls, vines everywhere. Jacen's room had a green color scheme going on, with the carpets and the cloth draped on the walls and Jaina was sure Jacen didn't mind, seeing as how green was one of his favorite colors.

He shook his head, "Nothing."

She arched a skeptical eyebrow.

"Just... just wait for me here. We'll go to lunch together."

Jacen pulled his shirt off over his head as he jogged towards the refresher.

"Jasa."

He slowed down to walk.

"Are you okay? I wanted to ask you how you felt after the marriage announcement last night... but you were gone."

Stopping in his tracks and drew in a deep breath. Jaina could see his shoulders move up and down as he breathed.

Everything was still.

"I..." Another deep breath. "I'm fine."

Jaina didn't believe him. But she didn't want to prod at him anymore for the moment. He seemed too stressed.

She added quietly, "Alright. Go on."

Jacen entered the refresher, quietly letting the door shut and Jaina sat down on the edge of her brother's bed as she heard the shower start. Her eyes narrowed as she looked down at the bed.

Where'd these petals come from?

---

The twins walked to lun

11. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I missed 2 posts....bad me...that's what midterms do to ya....ugh

Poor Tenel Ka!!!!!!!!!!

and poor Jacen thinking that Tenel Ka was being intimate with Gaddell...that must hurt soo much....

I can't wait for more...

12. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THis isn't fair!!!!

I want more, but there IS no more!!

Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, post more soon!!!!

(*hops up and down in anticipation*)

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

Austyn

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Why that #!(*$!^%@!!!! [face_plain]

HOW DARE HE?!?! :mad: He has absolutely NO RIGHT! :mad:

I want him to get his just rewards! [face_devil]

14. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Caught this as I was about to log off and go to bed. And all I can say is this...

WOW! :eek:

I feel so bad for Tenel Ka! :_| I hope Gadell finds himself on the business end of a green lightsaber! :D

15. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow that were some 'mazing posts I've mist. Keep up the good work ;)

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah! What's that toad doing? Get off of her and get that...monstrocity off her arm! Goes to kill Gadell in as painful a manner as possible

Oh, the angst is good here. Jacen's inability to think of anything other than Tenel Ka was written sssoooo well. Awesome job, -Tenel-Ka-.

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh my! Poor Tenel Ka and Poor Jacen! That man is a RAT! A RAT! Actually he's worse. :( :mad:

~~Jilly

18. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Hahah thanks everyone! I'll definitely do individual replies later, but I have to make this post quick.

My friend is drawing some fanart for the story (it looks SO CUTE) and I'm busy writing the next part --- and we're both also trying to design costumes for a different SW project too. (See signature. *CACKLE*) --- So I'll MAKE more time later to come back tonight or so.

And I'm working on another photoshop thing too, when I'm bored. So expect that also. Muahaha~

Be back later! *hugs everyone*

19. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    OH my!! [face_shocked] I hope Tenal Ka will be okay! Jacen will save the day right? Oh you have to get out more soon please!!

20. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    more..... :_|

21. BogeyBria

BogeyBria Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2003
    I can't wait to see the picture. Your last one was great, by the way. :cool:

More story now! Feed the fanfic readers. :D

22. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    RAWR! Hi everyone. :D

C3SoloP0: *kicks midterms* I'm sure you did great on them. :) Yeah; I had to make Jacen feel bad. Poor Jacen.

Daughterofflame: Awww! Thanks! I'll be sure to write more as soon as I can! The latest part has been giving me a bit of trouble. But hopefully I'll be finished with it soon.

Bria: LOL!!! Calm down. He will. I think.

JediMasterKobe: ^_^ Thank ya! And yeah; I think a lot of people want Gadell to bite it, especially at Jacen's hand.

Elfsheen: TY! *hug* I'll try to keep it up. That's always my problem. My stories tend to lose momentum near the middle. (Although; I have no idea where the middle of this story is yet. >_<)

Striker: LOL~! Gadell the toad. Tehehe! And thank you for the comment about the angst. :D I tried to get it as ANGSTY as possible, by using the 'everything-reminds-him-of-her' aspect.

JainaDurron: He's a toad and a rat! :D Muahahahaha~!

Eowyn_Jade: Jacen will save the day, I think. Hehe. I will try to get out more as soon a possible! TY!

AvenKiel: *hugs* I'm getting there! :D

Bria!: Thank ya for the comment on the picture. I have a lot of fun messing around in photoshop. :D I'm glad some use is coming out of it. LOL~

Everyone: (hehe) I'm working on the next part as much as possible. Trying to work out the kinks is giving me a hard time, but I'll figure it out soon enough. HOPEFULLY. O_O!

I was also thinking about listing some songs that I think go well with the story. Or assigning a song to each part. Think it'd be an ok idea?

I mean; I sit here and listen to music when I write... and some of the songs I listen to while writing certain scenes fit frighteningly too well. Hehe~

23. SoL-of-Winter

SoL-of-Winter Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    <bottom lip trembles>

Poor Tenel Ka! :( Great post!

Uh-oh....<catches sight of master>

<Saber-of-Light drags her sock back to its padded room>

24. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I can't wait for more. :)

I think the songs bit is a great idea. I'm forever thinking of how a song relates to this couple or that situation, whether it be in canon for fanfic. :D

25. Midnight_Jedi

Midnight_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    Wow, this is really, really good. I think I read some posts a bit too fast and got lost, but that is just me... You really lay the angst on think dont'cha? I've written some angsty stuff, but not like this... Keep going!!!

~MJ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.