main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Since Disney is making a bunch of Star Wars Spinoffs...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Tackelberry, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Management regime, the management for Lucas film has changed from when Lucas owned it, hence a new regime. I have seen it many times when a new management group takes over a company from a old one, they always "clean house", just like with governments.

The content is unfinished work that was in production when Disney pulled the plug. Recycled unfinished content, nothing really new.Rather than let it go to waste, to save costs on new products to sell, and to appease TCW fans they pissed off, they are just releasing the unfinished episodes as novesl. Which is hardly the same thing as fully produced episodes and these will probably be the end for TCW, but at least it is something.

Bail is from the PT, he is not a TCW only character like Ahsoka or Rex are, R2 D2 and C3PO are also from the films (both PT and OT) and not solely TCW characters like ninja droids. That is besides R2 and C3PO being major characters everyone knows, even non SW fans. Despite a few easter eggs Rebels is distanced from TCW. A small background easter egg is different from having a sidekick character from a defunct spinoff series having their own spinoff film.

To quote Wiki:

Again they cleaned house of the old stuff so they could push Disney's own content, corporate politics. They even call the final episodes Bonus content, one last little taste of TCW. All I am saying is, don't get your hopes high for any new TCW contant passed the release of books based on the last few episode scripts. In the currant climate I don't see it happening.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So; how about a Boba Fett spinoff movie anyone?

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    That will happen, popular side character with a cult following. I just hope some of the rumors of retconing him aren't true like retconing him into a non clone.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's why I don't listen to rumors lol. I just want a movie that shows us what he gets up to after the Clone Wars etc. I mean, bounty hunting and whatever else he does. And they have to pick a really good actor too.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I doubt will ever see an unhelmeted Boba so as not to break the mystery that made him so popular

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    If they do it should be Temuera Morrison.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope to god that's who they get to play him or at least do the voice.

8. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    We're sure to get the voice and have a stunt man in the suit a bit like how it was with Darth Vader

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Funny thing with darth vader originally he was to be played by the guy in the suit and also provided his voice but his voice had such a strange accent that they hired JEJ.

10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    And here I was thinking this was how it happened:p

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014