main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Since I'm back living in NH

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by metalinvader1982, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    I might as well make myself known.:)

Seems you guys and gals have a nice close knit group here.Good stuff!

2. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Hello! Were you part of the group before?

3. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    Heh..Nope.Long story short...I've lurked these boards for about ten years.Finally,I got the nerve to sign up,That was two years ago...Lurked some more.A few days ago I started posting.

Baby steps,Ya know?;)

But it'll be great to talk to some local SW fans.It'll be a pleasure to talk to everyone.

4. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Cool! We can't wait to meet you!

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome aboard Metalin! We're glad to have you, and post away!! You'll find us a friendly bunch. I think we are getting together next Friday to watch some Clone Wars, so you are more than welcome to join us. Feel free to talk about yourself, like if you collect and what you like to do Star Wars related.

Talk to you soon!

6. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Where does the group join up?I'd love to meet up with everyone.

Since you asked,A bit about myself in relation to Star Wars collecting.

Well,I grew up with the vintage figures and still have some that I grew up with.Those are my real pride and joys of my collection.Unfortunetly,Alot either got thrown away or sold off at yard sales (Along with a slew of 80's toy lines...Super Powers anyone?!)

Anyways,I was big into collecting all of the Micro Machines and Bend-um SW toys in the early 90's and of course I got swept up into the whole POTF2 movement.I'd say from POTF2 to the first few waves of the AOTC toy lines was were I purchased every figure put out.But space and money put the breaks on that.Thank god for that.Now I just really purchase what I like.Though the Clone Wars figures are damn addicting!I also collect Indiana Jones merch aswell.

AS for what I like in SW? I love everything..The whole Saga.Be it the Ewok movies,The cartoons,EU,You name it..

I don't tend to many conventions these days.Though I did in the mid 90's.I'd love to attend more.I was at the SW concert in Boston.Such a magical and breathtaking experience.

7. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Have you read any of the books? That's my main SW interest, but I also love a bunch of the videogames.

Also, whose house are we meeting at next Friday? Can I crash on someone's couch?

8. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    Oh yeah.I'm a huge EU fan.I've read pretty much most fo the books with very few exceptions (Some of the Republic Comando novels I've never read for instance and I've never had a real desire to read any of the young adult books.).I'm currently re-reading the LOTF series again.Almost finished with Bloodlines,I love that book.

I dig the games too.My favorite series will always be the Jedi Knight series.The first three in in particular.

9. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
  10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    The games I've loved the most were the Knights of the Old Republic. As for the books, I prefer to listen to them on the iPod. It helps pass the time at work though right now I'm trying to read Allegiance by Timothy Zahn. Time is tight though. Maybe I'll get some time in this weekend.

As for the meet, I'm not sure about place but I think Brandon offered to host. If not perhaps I can, as long as no one has allergies to cats! Jango loves up everyone! (Yes, I have a cat named Jango... and had one named Boba...)

11. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Cool, let's figure out the specifics for Friday. I'll be in the area anyways because I have to turn in my badge and laptop at work, so it would be great if we could all get together somewhere.

Also, I'm so glad someone else reads the books here! Have you checked out the Fate of the Jedi series yet? It's pretty good, but not on par with the NJO in my opinion. Legacy of the Force was also great, but I didn't like how Invincible was super short. The Karen Traviss novels were my favorites!

12. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    Funny you should mention the Fate of the Jedi series.No I have not read them yet but I did order all of them from the SFBC a month ago so I should be getting them anyday now.I would have picked them up sooner but money is always an issue when ever a new book comes out for whatever reason.

Did you read Death Troopers?

13. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    I haven't read Death Troopers, but I will probably wait until the paperback is released since I have a lot of other books to read right now. Fate of the Jedi is pretty good, and it's not nearly as dark as the previous two series were. It's interesting in its own way, but I can't see it ending well ;)

14. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    Just wait till you get to Death Troopers....Nothing goes well in that book,At all.Great book and a nice refreshing change from the Lightsaber,Force,Random Sith of the day books of norm.

15. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Welcome to the boards metalinvader!! Where in NH do you live? We are having t be a get-together-meetindg this Friday at John's. Would be cool if you could make it. Migh be the last time till next year.

16. metalinvader1982

May 27, 2007
    I'm living in Atkinson,NH again.For those who don't know it's right near Salem,NH.Pretty small town that is right on the border of MA.

Not sure if I can make the meet up this Friday.I'll keep you posted.I'd love to go.

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I know where Atkinson is. That's quite a trek to Rochester isn't it? We'd love to have you if you can make it! So far it's Brandon and Z, and I'll check with TK to see if he can make it. Clone Wars should be great this week! :D

18. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards metalinvader!!

I guess you could say...

Better late than NEVER!!lol Sorry , but i have have been off the broads for sometime. But its great to see new people stoping by. I look forward to meeting you some day. Maybe you can make a meeting some time.

Speaking of which... I will get with Brandon and John some time this week and we'll get this years meeting dates set and posted for everyone to mark down on the the old Celanders.

Hope you can make it sometime? But again welcome to the NH Mandos!

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.