main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

since its almost Halloween...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Calli, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ok gang, since its getting clsoe to halloween, I'm wondering whats everyones fave. scary movie?

Me..

Halloween - truly terrifying and for those of you who have been over to the apartment know, thanks to Billy, that the theme freaks me out.

The Entity - I watched this my freshmen year and then read the book. Truly unnerved me, plus the fact it was supposedily absed ona true story and that it was still going to this day.

The Shining - Ok, some of the images and camera tricks Kubrick did are just make me queasy and when the blood pours out, it almost makes me seasick and who wasn't freaked out by those twins!

Ok, I have others scary movies I like, but those, well those are probably my top picks.

So lets hear some more from everyone else.

2. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Hellraiser 1,2 and 3. The rest sucked. Pinhead is the man. Pure Evil. He could kick Freddie or Jason's ass anyday.

Candyman wasn't a great or even good movie but it did freak me out (and I don't get freaked out by scary movies) when I was home alone watching it. I had to turn it off and watch Cool World instead.

Psycho-Come stay with us at the beautiful Bates Motel. You'll love our quiet rooms. Our friendly staff will keep an eye on you like no one else will. Tired and cold from a long rainy drive? Well come in and take a stab at our steamy hot showers. Mother won't mind. Norman Bates, gotta love the crazy SOB. Both old and new versions are awesome.

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Paul, I have only seen Hellraiser 1 and bits and pieces of 3. They freaked me out! I read the book, "The Hellbound Heart" by Clive barker when I was in 8th grade, during achievement tests and I can honestly say thats the first time during the day I was freaked out!

4. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Dracula staring Bela Lugosi

All the Christopher Lee Hammer studios stuff...

sheesh you guys got no appreciation for the classics :):)

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Honestly i've never like the Holloween series, Freddy's the man though.

My favorite scary movies.... hmm, its hard to pick, but i'd have to say anything with Pauly Shore in it.

6. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ed, I have seen some of the Hammer stuff. I was probably 8 or 9 and I wanna say USA used to show them all the time. Now I haven't seen any of it recently. But what I recall I liked.

7. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I've always been a big fan of the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies (1-3. I lost interest with 4 and up).

Did you all know they are working on a new movie, Freddie vs Jason?
    Clickie .

Now that will be one hell of a time!

8. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm with you there Mike2 and Jake. Freddy is the man. Jake, ever see Wes Craven's New Nightmare? That one freaked me out a bit. Kinda brought Mr. Kreuger back to his roots.

Anybody see The Ring yet? And if so, how are you still alive :). I really dug that movie, although my wife didn't. It really creeped her out. If you haven't seen it, go.

9. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Yes, I saw Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I loved the way they brought Freddie out of the film, so to speak, to terrorize Heather Langencamp. That was cool!

10. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I sooo want to see 'The Ring'!

I liked Freddy up until they made him campy, which was around 4. A new nightmare wasn't bad.

The Freddy vs. jason film. I am soo excited they are finally going to go thru with it. There have been rumors for a good awhile about the match-up. Nice to see thats its gonna happen.

11. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
  12. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Hit a little too close to home for ya?

13. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Oh no! I've been outed!

14. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey Jake, H E Double Hockey Sticks is a classic in our house!

***I flip you, I flip you!***

And I'm a big Freddy fan also.

15. DARTH_TRAE

DARTH_TRAE Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    My favorite scary movie is
    "The Sixth Sense".

Some of you might think that is lame,
    but I saw it the first night it opened with
    a full audience at night which adds to the
    freakiness energy effect.
    I nearly crapped my pant a dozen times
    with fright!
    Kid: "Come here, I want to show you my Dad's gun." (turns around)
    Me: "Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Holy *tthnppbbthpbth*! I crapped my pants!"

Another movie that unnerved me was
    "The Mothman Prophesies" (sp?)
    Lame ending, but disturbing images and
    a great build up. Freaky.

16. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Nah Trae, 6th Sense definatly had it's moments of scare. (all the dead people in his house... although, you'd hope a realiter would tell you about that)

17. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I always liked, "When a Stranger Calls", what made this so good is the Stranger didn't perform any unreal physical feats or get shot in the head 100 times, but very, very creepy.

"Have you checked the children"......

18. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    two words: SPICE WORLD

19. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

You are evil, Otto. Just plain EVIL!!!

20. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Roger, my little brother( I say little he's 19)thats like 1 of his all time fave. scary movies.

That one and the 'Town that dreaded Sundown'.

21. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I think When A Stranger Calls was every babysitters nightmare! Amityville Horror really creeped me out when I was younger.

But I think one of the scariest movie experiences was when my mother took me to see Cujo... then expected me to go home & cuddle w/ our St. Bernard :eek:

22. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
  23. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes", "Aracniphobia".

Gary's favorite is "Night of the Living Dead" , any version. Something about Zombies that he doesn't like.

24. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Well most "scary" movies don't really scare me. The movies that do scare me are the one that leave it all to your imagination, like The Blair Witch Project. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it (LISA!), but the ending creeps me out everytime.

25. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Bree, I remember watching "Night of the Living Dead" gosh I must have been 7 or so, just being freaked out by the zombies. The fact there wasn't a real happy ending and the zombies just would not stop....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.