main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Since only 3PO's memory was erased...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kung-Fu-Yoda, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Then don't you think that R2 would someware along the line would inform C3PO that this had happened and give him the back story on Anakin/Vader and the Jedi purge...and perhaps a little less likely but why wouldnt R2 tell luke?

2. Avon-Guido

Avon-Guido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    well supposedly 3PO's mind was wiped because he was more likely to open his mouth and say something.. R2 usually kept things to himself, unless it needed to be stated.

3. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    true, I thought about that myself, but it just seemed likely at the rate that 3po and R2 converse that one time or another R2 might say something regarding 3POs Pre-Mindwipe era opening up a new can of worms

4. DARTH_COLOSSUS

DARTH_COLOSSUS Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    i think r2-d2s mind was erased as well, as bail organa says at the end of ROTS wipe the protocol droids memory

5. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    <<true, I thought about that myself, but it just seemed likely at the rate that 3po and R2 converse that one time or another R2 might say something regarding 3POs Pre-Mindwipe era opening up a new can of worms.>>

But R2 didn't tell 3P0 anything, so what is the argument about?

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    R2-D2 might follow an extremely simple, yet highly efficient rule: He never says anything, because nobody ever asks him. ;)

7. point5pastlightspeed

point5pastlightspeed Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2004
    R2 might have had his memory erased too some time in between episodes 3 and 4 for all we know. A lot of stuff could have happened to the droids during that length of time. Even if R2's memory was never erased, though, it is reasonable to assume that he just didn't say anything about what he remembers to 3PO because he wouldn't really have had a reason to do so.

8. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    And even if he did, keep in mind that Threepio has a superiority complex regarding R2. He rarely gives the little droid's opinions any validity or care. Even if R2 were to talk about it, Threepio wouldn't believe him.

Additionally, they ARE droids. They're programmed to respond when asked. Even if R2 can recognize the Skywalker name, why should he expound on who Anakin is unless somebody asks him?

R2's memory was never erased. Remember, SW is based on the Journal of the Whills, which is the story of the galaxy being told to an author by R2 thousands of years in the future. SW is just a tiny part of that chapter.

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I think R2 took the hint... keep your mouth shut, or bye bye memory!!

Look what happened to 3PO after all!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.