main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Since our leader has been away for so long.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mordtat, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Well Im back too. I did miss you guys. Alot has happened recently and alot has changed so maybe its time to reinstate some old routines.

2. Shindo_the_Stricken

Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    ^__^
    *And the Emperor rallies the people once again*

3. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    I'm pretty sure Cam, Jon, and Jim are definites. But I'd planned to get up with yous guys anyway. GOTTA watch Casshern--I've waited to watch it with you guys---I've seen parts of it, but not the entire movie...I know you guys will like it, and that other Tony Jaa movie I bought, man I think that's better than Ong Bak.
    He fights a guy who knows capoera!

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Now this is what I like to see! Some positive feedback. Glad to see that Josh and Christina are back with us. Believe me, I have missed having the big group meetings. During my roughest of times it always gave me something to look forward to. I won't be able to make this one, but hopefully things will work out so I can join everyone for the next meeting. Again, everyone think of something different to do and yall throw your ideas out on the table. See, I told yall the Rim was alive and well. =D=

5. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    AND DONT FORGET WHOSE GLORIOUS LIPS BREATHED LIFE BACK INTO THE FORUMS!
    *Performs kata with Katana*

6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Yeah we always knew you were full of hot air ;) j/k

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Thats not all he's......no its to easy :D

8. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    So you have stuff to do tomorrow night?? ]-}

9. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh, what was that, old Man River??
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    Can't be full of crap, I just got out of the bathroom. ]-}

10. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    You're right, man. Once again, thanks, Cam.

Yess, things are getting better. But, where's Riff? I find his lack of presense disturbing.

FT

11. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I find his lack of *pants* more disturbing. *smirk*

12. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Well as much as we are doing , the three of us have found time to come back around... where's the rest???? Pls start calling us again and telling us whats going on...

13. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Pants? You've... seen Riff... without his... PANTS?!?

WTF? No, nevermind, I don't think I want to know.

FT

14. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Riff currently doesn't have internet access.

15. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    So yeah....I'll be hitting home around 3, maybe 4-ish...

16. AlexanderElessidil

AlexanderElessidil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    Eventually there will come a weekend where i can come down with shindo

17. NoNeedForAName

NoNeedForAName Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Hi. No I'm not dead. Yes, I'm about to anger some people...

Okay...here's an idea that has been thrown at each and every one who has ever been on the boards talking about wanting to have a meeting, or arguing about what to do for the meeting: SUGGEST SOMETHING! Come up with an idea, set a date, a place, a time...and hold on it. Ray doesn't have to be at a meeting. As long as an officer is present, Ray doesn't need to be at a meeting. I see all these people talking of votes of no confidence and a bunch of grandstanding and posturing, but no one talking about a meeting place or time or anything. Riff does not have internet access at this time (and some of you have an idea as to what he is going through, some of you don't. It's not my place to tell (and it's not the place of those who know either) but and mine is limited to logging in to check my email, hopping on MySpace, doing a couple of quick things there, and going to bed. I don't check these boards much because honestly I'm not a post person. I don't post on message boards beyond the occasional thing here and there. I never have been a habitual poster.

Some people have my number. MANY people have Ray's number. MANY people know I work at Wal-Mart. Keeping in touch with me is not very difficult. Keep in touch with me, keep in touch with Ray. The reverse is true as well.

Has anyone tried any other routes of contacting the fearless leader? Anybody? When's the last time anyone called him? When's the last time anyone actually talked to him other than Eddie, Dennis, or me for more than five minutes somewhere other than the comic shop? Give it a try...maybe you'll get a little insight into why exactly we haven't had a meeting in a while.

Sorry if I come across as an *expletive deleted*hole but really...c'mon...we DO have lives outside of this board, and outside of this fanforce and sometimes they get in the way of that which we would like to do.

Besides...there was, as far as I know, always an open invite at Eddie's for Fridays and Saturdays for a long time. I was there quite often. There was a core group there, but very very rarely did anyone outside of the core group show up. And oftentimes, there were people that would say they were on the way and call hours later saying that they weren't going to be able to make it.

Anyhow, stop sitting around talking and get proactive.

18. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    NNFAN, The last time I checked Fett, Entropy, Eddie-wan and my self were the officers. I have spoken with Fett not long after he posted and asked him to pass a message on to Riff and Eddie-wan to call me. I have tried e-mailing, PMing and calling them both to no avail. I have spoken with Entropy a couple of times. I tried to organize a meeting at my house one Saturday and it was meet with a luke warm response. I appreciate your candor but really you didn't say a thing that we haven't said before. My only post in thread before this one was asking Riff to come forward in anyway he could and give us some direction. I understand he is having problems at home and no one wants to speak for him... that's fine. I have a personal curiosity but his life is his business. All I need to know is what does he want us to do.

I have never wanted the leadership role of this group because I can't devote the time or energy necessary to run it. Not to speak for him but Entropy expressed the same to me. The guys and gals who are questioning his leadership do not have in effect an officer to go to. There are no guidelines and no precedent for us to follow. In light of this I am naming two additional officers ( Mordtat, Cameron Braxton and Kazuma, Jonathan Gendron)... their duties will be to organize monthly meetings and settle disputes between members of the group. When Riff has a chance to resurface I'll explain why I choose the people I did. I am not planning on going anywhere so I'm hoping this will get the ball rolling off the boards as well as on. May the Force be with us.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

19. NoNeedForAName

May 19, 2005
    Lodreh: I don't give a good *expletive* who the officers are. What's it got to do with anything? Don't try and pull rank on me, as this is not some kind of iron fist rule you have going on here. You have a title, I have a voice. I use my voice and you can choose to invoke your title, but don't think it'll stop me from using my voice. So drop the condescending tone.

Riff is not a leader to me. He is a friend. As such, when I see people attacking him for something, I step up and go into defense mode, especially when he is not capable of doing so himself. The bottom line boils down to this: He and I have spoke at length about the problems in the group, i.e. organizing meetings. Therefore in the past, when the issue came up I have always said the same thing: "Suggest something." Don't leave it up to Ray to organize all the meetings. I've said this plenty of times and will continue to repeat it as long as it is an issue. I say this as a memeber, not as someone who has been "bestowed" a position within the "ranks" I am merely one of the file. I myself find it curious that Riff says that he has not recieved a call from you recently and that Fett says your conversation with him boiled down to almost two minutes in length. And why do you look to him for guidance? Why look for him to tell you what to do? What are you? Lemmings? If you want something done, do it. But as I said, I am merely one of the file...not one of the rank.

I come bringing a message from Jedi Riff. Consider me his "agent".

Sunday. Eastern Rim Outlanders Meeting. 3pm. Eddie-Wan's house. All issues open for discussion.

Oh and on another point, your fearless leader says thus: Officers must be elected by the majority of officers already in place or placed there by the head of the organization, as you were Lodreh. This will be done, if done, at the meeting. Officers cannot be elected unless present, and officers may not cast an absentee ballot.

See ya there.

20. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    The last time I chekced, that's what the hell a leader was supposed to do? If the fricking officers organized all the fricking meetings, then what the hell do we need Ray for?
    Maybe he should just step down. It's obvious he has way too much going on to dedicate a fricking weekend out of a month to people he deems "friends".

21. NoNeedForAName

May 19, 2005
    You haven't been here, so I don't expect you would understand, but Riff tried for a while to hold monthly meetings. Turnout was less than spectacular. Our last one (that is still mentioned on the banner of this site) had a turnout of Riff, Eddie-Wan, Fett, Wampa, and myself. FT showed up extremely briefly. And if you lookat that list...I don't see either of the two new "officers" (pending vote) up there. In fact, they said they were coming and never showed.

And before that if it wasn't that, then it was complaining about what to do, or when to do it. "Oh, I can't do it that day, can we do it this day?" "No I can't do it that day, what about this one?" So on and so forth.

It was all very bothersome. That and no one could come up with anything to do. Anyone you put into that position is going to face the same problem.

Member 1: "I wanna have a meeting."
    Leader: "Okay, let's go play paintball."
    Member 2: "I don't have any money."
    Leader: "Okay, let's have a cookout."
    Member 1: "Okay, when."
    Leader: "Saturday at 6 good for everyone?"
    All other members except 3: "Yeah."
    Member 3: "Sorry, I can't make it, I have to stay home and pet my kitty on Saturdays. Change the day."

It's crap like that that makes organizing a meeting hard to do. I can understand why Ray hasn't tried in a while.

22. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    Yeah, I've seen this happen. That's what ahppened when I tried..I tried to get a meeting together a few weeks back....
    -Everyone has stuff to do, but it wont kill you all to plan ahead, and take a day off......take a day to come together, and remember the good old days.

23. Shindo_the_Stricken

Nov 7, 2005
    And even though I've not been here for a while, Ray and I have talked, I know what's going on, most of it, so I do know why he has not been so active.
    And that whole "Maybe he should step down" comment wasnt meant to come across as me being an ********, I earnestly meant it.
    Someone who's maybe not so involved with other issues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.