main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Since the Pyrus topic is closed.....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by toochilled, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Guys, don't worry. We have some more plans in store for you, that you will like VERY MUCH.

--Mr. P

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    OH NO YOUR GOING TO BAN ME AGAIN :(!

3. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Would that include Pb's resignation? Because if it doesn't......

4. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    Nathan, I wouldn't want your job.

But, despite your lack of experience, I think you're the best person for that job, based on temperment, civility and intentions. If someone trolling gets nuked while you learn the ropes, so be it.

Obviously, this was avoidable, and you've shown contrition. You'll do better next time.

5. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Well, Mr. P said it all, didn't he.

EDIT- Izzi, I think AA was on the right track.

6. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    And what exactly do you mean by that, AJA?

--Mr. P

7. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    It was sarcasm for Mr. P said nothing at all. ;)

8. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Starting to feel like Soylent Green around here.

9. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    What was AA's track? Unless he's talking about S&M, I tend to block him out. :D

10. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    We gonna talk about bondage? sweet I might actualy care about this thread now :D

11. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    I luv ya, ya sick twisted SOB. ;)

12. barnsthefatsith

barnsthefatsith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    //Innocence

S&M was a great album. Nice to combine metal and classic.

13. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Just out of curiosity...why didn't we get a thread like this when Vertical removed all of Tonyf's posts? Was it because he asked Vert to?

The deletion of Pyrus' posts was regrettable, but it's not a life-and-death situation. The other mods and I are dealing with serious security issues, so please be patient with us!

AJA, I'm not 15. Guess again!

14. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    So the Beav had a birthday, eh?

15. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Let me get this straight... Nathan deleted ALL of Pyrus's posts, or only the offending ones? Wiping out a person's entire post count of thousands of posts seems rather drastic punishment for one incident.

16. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    They are all gone, period.

17. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya well Nathan you are still being hacked... Sorry but it's true.

And I think he is done for the day he said he had to go not to long ago...

18. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    All of 'em.

19. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    AJA, I've known you as a poster quite some time, and I've always respected your opinion. I always found your posts to be refreshing, and informed.

You've faltered this time.

Nathan made a mistake that virtually anyone could have made, regardless of their age. You're really reaching if you think his age has anything to do with this. Given the situation, he had a choice to make. He readily admits he made the wrong choice, yet you continue to harp on him for this.

He is owning up to his actions. He is holding himself accountable for his actions. He is admitting he made a mistake.

You, on the other hand, are tossing out "He's 15!" as your argument.

Nathan's choice may have been the wrong one to make at the time, but he is readily admitting that, and holding himself and no other accountable for it. Regardless of age, that action alone speaks volume of his level of maturity.

Stooping to discredit someone's competence based solely on age speaks volumes as well.

He admitted his mistake. Pyrus is not upset. People have had their posts removed before. But now, when it happens to someone you know, it's damaging to the forums, despite the fact that his signature was doing the same thing.

So, what is it? Do you love this place, and you're outraged that such an upstanding member got his posts wiped because he trolled? If that's the case, why were you not all over his case when he put something in his sig that was equally (if not more) damaging to these forums? Something tells me you were delighted to see his sig! Yet it was clearly meant to damage to forums! So, what is going on here? Are you concerned about the forums or not?

It's over. It was a mistake, on both counts. Pyrus should have removed the sig when asked, and Nathan should not have removed all of his posts. Pretending to take a moral high ground on the premise that you love the forums and Nathan did something damaging, while ignoring Pyrus' defamatory action is completely hypocritical.

Vertical

20. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I wasn't here when the incident occured, but I don't think it's off-the-wall to suggest that the punishment was out of line, and that perhaps giving the highest level of authority on the forum to the youngest mod doesn't make a lot of sense.

Aside from that, I'm just admiring the symmetry. There I was less than a week ago complaining about teenagers driving away older members, and lo and behold, a teenager obliterates the entire posting history of someone who was here when he was still in elementary school.

I just want to know whose bright idea it was to make him the Admin- seems like it should have been Darth Ludicrous or someone similarly equipped.

21. Norman

Norman Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 1999
    AJA, for once, I was with you. Right until that last harebrained suggestion, that is.

22. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Ah, more ad hominem attacks. This is not worth my time. What are you trying to prove, AJA? Nathan has already admitted that the punishment was the wrong one. We're all in agreement about that. What exactly is the problem? And why don't you have a problem with what Pyrus did? Certainly someone who has been here so long knows the rules?

Vertical

23. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    DL was an Admin long before any of the other current mods were, and he was one of the first people to register on these boards when they were in their infancy. That qualifies him in my opinion.

The point is, however, that anybody would have been a better choice IMO. Vertical would have been a better choice.

EDIT- I view what Pyrus did as a prank, and while it's obviously something you're going to get spanked for, deleting his entire posting history is outrageous. Like I said, for me it's mostly the irony. However, I would be interested to know why he was selected. Every other Mod would have known beforehand that it was the wrong punishment, before it was too late.

24. Izzi

Mar 22, 2001
    I think the real problem is that there's a growing resentment amoung those of us who have been here awhile that relatively new people are being promoted.

Can the deletion of posts be fixed?

25. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Well, I'm glad you have confidence in me, AJA, however I must disagree with your logic of "length of time registered = more worthy, more important, better member".

Granted, a certain amount of time under your belt is necessary, but Nathan has been here for well over a year.

However, this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. What are you really upset about? The fact that Pyrus' posts were removed, or the fact that someone with a *gasp* later registration date did it? Is this about not 'recognizing' the older members?

And I'm still waiting on your opinion of Pyrus' actions. If you can question Nathan's, surely I can question Pyrus', eh?

Edit - So defaming the administration of this site is only a 'prank' with reversable effects, eh?

Vertical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.