main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Since the Pyrus topic is closed.....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by toochilled, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missninfan_An_Alias

Missninfan_An_Alias Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2000
    They have both been offered Mod positions when they are able to find time and make a commitment to these boards.

I hope they do not return simply to fix what everyone else sees as problems within the administration. I hope they return to help out and keep this place organized all-round.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Just to remark on all the fuss that's been raised over the effect of Nathan's age on his ability to admin, I'd like to point out that Nathan behaves more maturely than almost any other moderator. Did any of the rest of you notice that? I've been really impressed by the way he has handled everything over the past few days. If I hadn't known he was a teenager, I would have guessed he was an adult with a wife, 2.4 kids, white picket fence, and the whole nine yards. Whether Nathan did the right thing or not, I'm not sure, because I'm not an admin and don't know the full details of the situation. My point, however, is that you shouldn't pull in factors like age just to create a way of assualting someone whose decision you're unhappy with, because frankly, those things are irrelevant.

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Nathan has a Llama!

4. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yet another reason to love him. :D

5. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    they spit at people.

:D

6. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I guess I just live in Bizarro world then- in my world, teenagers are not as capable of handling responsibility as adults, and this event would seem to bear that out.

As for jasman, LilWookie and Darth Ludicrous, I'm not just saying they should be mods, I'm saying that if they choose to return, they should be the Admins.

I've said my peace, so I'll leave it there.

7. Missninfan_An_Alias

Oct 23, 2000
    Darth Lud is a mod. A manager, actually.

8. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    True. I lumped them together for the sake of brevity.

9. Lil Wookie

Lil Wookie Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    While I am thinking about coming back as a Mod, there would be no way I would be an admin even if asked. I have lost enough hair!!!

Seriously, I don't see much that needs to be fixed really. I mean, PBoy and I have always had personality conflicts, but for the most part I think the Mods are doing a good job. Are they doing a perfect job? No. Did Nathan screw up? Well, maybe a bad judgement call. But DL, Jasman and myself had all made mistakes.

As Jasman said, hopefully Nathan has learned from this, and as Nut said, we should move on. Depsite this, however, Nathan has done nothing to show me he can't be a good Mod. He has shown me he is dedicated and really wants to do a good job...and I think that he will do a good job with prehaps a few mistakes. But then again, everybody makes mistakes.

I have confidence in Nathan. And I am not just saying that, I am somebody who speaks his mind.

10. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    What I'd like to know is why admin capabilities are being bestowed upon people who don't know how to use them. Don't you people have some kind of training program? A mentorship at least?

Forgive me if this has been brought up before.

11. Missninfan_An_Alias

Oct 23, 2000
    I have great confidence in ND.

And Pboy and I used to have conflicts but we sorted them out off boards and I can't express what a relief it is.

12. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I'm wondering why I've never been offered a "mod-ship". I used to accept that it must've had to do with the somewhat "assertive" nature of my posts, but then they made Chyren a mod, and that theory went out the window. ;)

13. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Unfortunately, the previous administrators are all already gone, so there is no one left for Nathan to have a "mentor" relationship with. Good suggestion though. :p

EDIT: Are you serious? A mod ship? I never got my own pleasure cruise! Now I feel cheated.

14. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Yeah- hoist up the jolly roger and go bust some heads.

15. Spy_vs_Spy

Spy_vs_Spy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    I'm curious what you think jasman and lil wookie would do that the current staff doesn't. No offense to them, I'm sure they were great. In their time. But, uh, what on earth would they do differently?

16. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    As you can probably infer from jasman's post, Pyrus wouldn't have had every post he's made here for the last three years summarily deleted.

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, so they would not have deleted Pyrus's posts, but they would have made some other mistakes instead. Doesn't everyone?

18. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I'm just saying I remember the way things used to run around here, and by comparison, it now seems as if it's being run by a band of monkies.

19. Spy_vs_Spy

Sep 28, 2000
    Perhaps it's the inhabitants that have changed, AJA. Or is this just turning into a "oh, back in MY day" or a "the good ol' days" thread? I suppose you're just a notch above all that, eh? Of *course* you are! You have an earlier registration date, and that's all that matters!

20. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I think a big part of the reason the people posting here have changed is that the way the place was being run has changed.

21. Spy_vs_Spy

Sep 28, 2000
    Enlighten me, AJA. What has changed about the 'style' of running... in your ... educated ... opinion.

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    DLM, do you mean that all the former admins are gone gone, or that Nathan would've had to expend the extra effort of PM-ing a former admin who still posts here?

AJA, I think I must be your next door neighbor in Bizarro world. That driver's license analogy was spot-on.

23. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I'd have to say it's probably just the quality of the people who make the decisions.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I got it! The universe is shrinking, so our brains are getting smaller. Hence the noticeable degradation of intelligence.

Or I could be full of crap.

25. Missninfan_An_Alias

Oct 23, 2000
    What's wrong with the quality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.