main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Singapore Fans Star Wars Website Roll Call!!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hello!

I'm Darth Eagle and new here. Found the Forum today.

Anyway, I'm looking for fellow Singapore Star Wars Fans websites. Got any links? So far I got ~10 on my list and only 4-5 worth mentioning.

Ps: There is also a roll call for local SW costumers especially those who appeared at '99 Heeren-YHS 7-Days Costumes Contest. :D

Darth Eagle

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi DE, welcome here. This is not an easy site to locate by the way.
    There was once people from the shop in Excelsior started a e-bz site and they call it something like ASIA SW Fan Site or something like that. That was almost a year ago and that site never really took off. Their shop in Excelsior also offer little to be desire. Anyway, retails nowadays brings in some decent POTJs and we should be lucky to be Singaporean who are also SW Fans. We sometimes gets stuff faster than those people in the US. Look at the B-Wings, we have it here already.

Saw you posted some same topic over at FF Forum? for some SW costume stuff?

By the way, you collect 4" SW or those 12" ones? I collect 4" and also 12". I like the 12" ones better.

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yup, yup; I collect both 4" & 12" but they are mostly Maul, Vader and Royal Guards ones. Hard to collect more on my little school allowance (yup, I'm still in school). I also like the 12" ones, especially the ones from Ep1 & POTJ series. The only complain I got about the 12" is that I'm having difficulty in getting my 12" Maul more uniforms. He's glove too wide. :(

4. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    If you want to make some sort of costume for Maul, you will have to remove his glove first. Immerse the freaking hands into a cup of hot water and left it there for a couple of minutes. Then take it out and pull with all your might. The gloves should be able to come out relatively "easy"....good luck.
    If you have the time, you can visit my website (see below) and you can see my loose 12" figs all standing around nicely.

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    There's me here, as always... and waiting for howlie to come back from his JC break...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Harlo Val, welcome back [face_mischief]

7. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    I was always here! ;)

(Hey, I was!)

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Have you guys went to Junction 8 today (Sat) for the Star Movies Star Wars Special Edition Promotion? :D They will still be there tomorrow (Sun).

Check Friday Life pg L15 for more details! :p

9. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Aw!! Missed out on that. Then I dig through my pile of old papers and found Friday's Life page 15...seems like Vader n Gang will be at Tampines Mall this weekend and Orchard Cineleisure the following. So, I can still catch up :)

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    While at Junction 8, Darth Vader, 2 Stormtroppers and ANH Leia appeared. Twice or three times that day, there were quizes, games, jigsaw puzzle and lightsaber duels with Star Movies' lightsaber (but this last one only allow kids :( and their lightsaber is so short; like NDP'00 torchlight).

And there was an all day SW Costumes/Look-A-Like contest on Sunday. I got to know that so far at the time I came, an adult "Maul" & what looks like ROTJ Luke [face_laugh] , and 2 kids as OB1 & Vader had participate. Not sure if it will be the same at Tampines Mall and Cineleisure but I hope so ;). Maybe, they will give away that life-size Maul as the prize :D . . .

11. Mannequin_Skywalker

Mannequin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2001
    hey guys i'm new here even though i've been a star wars fan since
    some of u weren't born yet...i'm 30

anyways, do u know which site i could go to order an authentic
    stormtrooper uniform from the States? I don't mean the substandard
    one found opposite Bras Basah or in Tanglin..i mean the real (or almost
    real lookalike) thing like in the movies.

I don't mind the cost, just want to make have a good time during
    the EP2 premiere here next yr.

12. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey M-S, I'm not much younger than you and I'm a full 4 year old when A New Hope came out in the big screen.

I'm not too sure about some specific site for authentic SW Stormtrooper Uniform / Armour but if money is not much of an issue to you, Ebay is a good bet. Hope this helps :)

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I can roughly help you Mannequin_Skywalker. :D

I can't really say who currently got the Stormtropper (or other troppers) armor in stock (since they had to got underground after the GF Lawsuit) but I advice you post at this board with your e-mail address, stating you want to buy a Stormtropper armor, location and maybe your budget:

OW Jedi Academy-Props and Costumes

Some guys who usually post there will either offer you the armor or sent you to the correct, trusted sellers. The one being sold should be ABS and cost around US$450 with only the armor. Other stuffs will cost up to a few hundreds dollars, probably giving a total of US$1000. Forget about Galaxy Trading as they closed down a long time ago. :(

Another alternative is of course eBay. Look out for this seller called costumejunkie. His hardwards (armors, props) are good but I can't say for his soft wears . . .There are also other armor sellers but I don't know if they can be trusted or sell ABS armors.

Hey! When you do get your armor, why not join the Singapore Garrison (Yes, coming soon, coming soon)? I'll post the particulars here when it's fully formed and approved which will surely be by next year. :)

14. Yoda1985

Yoda1985 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1999
    I'm from Singapore too...but I haven't logged in for months...LOL! Tampines here.

15. Lee_Kuan_Yew

Lee_Kuan_Yew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    You better log in more often.
    I will be watching you.

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Forget to say that I've all my pictures from the SCV Max TV-Star Movies Star Wars Promotion posted at my website (since August!). :D

SW SPECIAL EDITION PROMOTION

Give the page a couple of minutes and all the pictures will get download! ;)

17. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    i've posted a couple of times before about anyone having any info on where i could find parts to make a lightsaber and so far i've gotten no reply...has any of you made or try to make a hardware lightsaber???oh and anyone know how make lightsaber fx on adobe photoshop 6.0.1??Ep 2 premieres in S'pore May 16 how phuqing sweet is that!!!!

18. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Can't help you sorry.
    I did see your posts, and I was waiting for someone to help you.

19. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    thanks for replying destructo. ;)

20. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Hey, how many of us Singaporeans are there here actually? I've lost count by now...

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Let start counting then!

-Valiowk
    -wan-bo-tak
    -Darth Eagle
    -Darth_Destructo
    -Lee_Kuan_Yew
    -Yoda1985
    -HumsupFett
    -Mannequin_Skywalker
    - (Name)
    - (Name)

Anybody else? Reveal yourself!:)

Ps: Anyone here member of the Y!Group sg_starwars?

22. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Count me in.

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    And that makes 9!

I also found 3 more people from the old posts:

-howlrunner22
    -darth_nutty
    -PoCkY_SkyWaLkaH (?)

Will that give us 12 people from Singapore who had posted here? ?[face_plain]

24. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I consider it 9.
    The rest don't post so often.

25. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    howlie's stuck in California right now studying and complaining to me everytime he catches me online :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.