main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG singaporean teen need help

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by solidnono, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    i see...gain more knowledge i have. back when TPM was out there was a american lady who watch TPM so many times that she can mimic R2-D2 language!!! talk about hardcore

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I heard about that too! That's quite an achievement ;). But I think she also memorised the beeps and squeaks from the OT as well

3. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    yar lar!!! biang eh! i think i want to take up ewok language....will scare the wits out of my mom, lol

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    When I was there yesterday, the Hasbro Promoter keep opening a new box every hour. :p Come to think of it, why do you think Taka(usually) and John Little(recently) gotten all the excess TPM stuffs and able to sell them cheaply during certain periods. :D

5. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    i notice tat too at bugis junction. the hobby shop with a life size storm-trooper todae juz got "new" stock of old toys. maybe i can purchased some of it...its real cheap but im gonna check hourstor first.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe they haven't learnt their lesson 8-}

But I guess it's best for all of us, including the general public. Prevents scalpers from manipulating people. I've been conned before, although not in toys, but in comics and cards (several years ago)

7. singer_high

singer_high Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    i think i want to take up ewok language....will scare the wits out of my mom, lol

Well, "yub yub" to you! I actually make use of Utinni! as part of my daily speech! :D

If you have friends in Australia or are going there, I suggest you get your SW toys from there. Figures are selling for about AUS$14.95 each, and all the sought-after figures are easier to find there. My cousin juz brought back 4 preview Clone troopers and 2 preview Jangos for me.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I curse "Sith Lords", "Sithspit", "Sithspawn" and "Poodo!" everyday. :D

Am trying to learn Huttess and New Gungan now . . . ;)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    "I shall accept this with moi moi humility..."

I think "Utinni" is the nicest to hear.. :D

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    How about "Yup, yup, commander!"? :D

11. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    Beecha wawa!Kush drojh?

12. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Sightings of cheap EP1 n POTF figures tell me. Many Thanx. Taka is worth trying. I even saw 2 han solo which is supposed to be rare hiding very deeply inside. Sob no chewie.

13. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    For those new collectors coming into the scene, a little piece of info :

Hourstor = Action City (Heeren) = Action City (Bugis - one with the 1:1 Stormtrooper).

They run under the same management.

For newer release figs, you can get them for $17.9 from the mentioned store but for Hottie (u know which ones), they still sells at $20 - $25 as a singular piece. Unless you buy the whole wave of sometimes 5 or 6 figs, it will equate to $17.9 each.

For older SW stuffs, Hourstor sells at a premium. If you want to backtrack some older SW Stuffs, I would recommend local auction sites like InterAuct.com.sg or Singnet Classified where collectors sell their stuffs at a cheaper price (and can bargain some more). I got my SAGA Clonetrooper and Sneak preview Jango from Singnet Classified for $18 each. But you have to visit the site often so as not to let good stuffs slip by :)

14. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Yes, they're under same management.

But for better values (BARGAINS!!!!) and latest Star Wars shipment, go to Hourstor Clark Quay on Sunday 10am!

Their boss Tong Hong is a very nice guy, always help me complete my clooection!

Cool! ;)

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    u mean houstor @ clarke quay dun sell chewie at 17.90? i tot someone mention everything from AOTC @ $17.90. Anyway is palpatine out yet?

16. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Chewie is a "short packed" figure ie in a case of 12, there maybe only 1 chewie. I suppose Hourstor will sell Chewie at $17.9 if you buy the whole wave that comes with it. Example, you have to get Han + Chewie + Jango + Orn Free Taa + Dexter + Obi Wan Pilot all 6 figs at $107.4 which one fig becomes $17.9 - only in a wave set. I'm quite sure they don't sell a precious fig like this one at $17.9. To list my past knowledge on HS pricing on SW :

1. POTJ Sandtrooper - $25
    2. FF Death Star Trooper - $35
    3. EU Mara Jade - $45 ++
    4. EPI Swamp JarJar - $25
    5. POTJ Scout Trooper Dirty - $20 (I think)
    6. etc etc

To be fair, these pricing are pretty much the same in all specialty shops in Singapore. I only seen once the POTJ Sandtrooper going for $20 but I still think its too expensive... well the POTJ series are in general - expensives :(

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    ya true...so far the cheapest chewie i saw is $30. Hope the TRU fella call me so can get it at retail. Until now anyone got chewie or palpatine?

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Now that Humsupfett brought it up, I am still looking for an EU Mara Jade, which I've always wanted to get. Anyone know where to find?

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I have only seen the Spacetrooper at eBay.sg now. Mara Jade, as the most treasured EU Figure, was sold last week as a set on eBay.

Come to think of it, I'm looking for EU Dark Jedi Luke too, just a spare so I can open my current one for costuming needs. ;) Notice that this figure got the wrong blade color (compared to DE cover and inside the comic?) and as a result, pictures of it published on the Magazine covers were change from green to red later. :eek:

20. solidnono

May 24, 2002
    MAN! some guy in singtel classifieds is selling luke bespin and vader bespin as a set of 2 for $50!!!do u tink its even worth it???Ö

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Taka got lot's of Darth Vader and Lukes... Han got 6! No chewies... Jango got 2 left!

PS Daimaru got no new ones... Nothing new at Forum too.

:)

22. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ermm... Palpatine is not out yet...

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Which EU figures do u have? I wonder why Hasbro doesn't expand its line of EU figures..

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Virus Collection may be the culprit behind $50 Vader & Luke. It's on their Website. :(

For EU, I only gotten Dark Jedi Luke and 2 Sentinels (aka Byss' Royal Guard ;) ). Regrete not buying Mara Jade then. :_|

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah I also remember seeing Mara Jade last time but didn't take the initiative to buy. :(

"Patience. Use the force.."

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.