main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Single Mom [Traveler's]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabba-wocky, Jul 17, 2017.

?

Honorable or Dishonorable?

1. Honorable

62.5%
  2. Dishonorable

37.5%
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That individual has not been married. Except that likely, she is married to Police Guy in real life.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    That man carries on with the marriage by consummating with the wife. The man then carries on having relations with the other woman--who is aware of the wife and that the man is married.

Even if it she were not having a relationship with a married man, she is having relations with a man out of wedlock, and sharing her bed with him.

4. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    This is again not correct. As I noted in my last post, we have every hint than Single Mom and Police Guy are married in their time of origin.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I just realized you must be under the impression that cutesy Friends-like designations are still funny.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Wocky, post a picture of single mom/mum.

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
  8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    They have not been married. It is insinuated that they are together in the future. They're doing on the DL. No one in their chain of command knows they are together.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky, do you feel you could perhaps offer the stability of marriage to Single Mum?

That you could raise her child as if your own, and read to them both tales of shoeless empresses and thousand year ships as they gaze adoringly at you? Perhaps in front of an open fire?

Is this basically a Wockvoluted crush?

10. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

Except they came back to the past to change the future, which means that the present day is their "real life". Who they were in the future is no longer relevant.

11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Amos she is transcending that. Her wedding vows are more important than some strictures from a robot. That is part of what makes her honorable.

Honorability Rankings, Season One
    1. Single Mom
    2. Big Dumb Jock
    3. Seizure Lady?
    4. Police Guy
    6,666. Drug Guy

EDIT: Ender Sigh, I do certainly think she would like hearing about Isabella. But her child doesn't need to have his life "stabilized." She is making it stable already. Unlike all you other vicious people, I actually believe she is doing a good job. Also, she is likely already married, as we've outlined above if you were paying any attention.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Fixed.

Darth Punk, when you hear "Single mum traveller", what's the first thing you think of?

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. a star war

May 4, 2016
    They are decidedly not married.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't remember it being said whether marriage was still a thing in their dystopian future.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Don't tell J-Rod that, he'll be disappointed AF.

Diggy and Point Given like this.
  16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    She is very honorable. Why wouldn't she be married? You have to use common sense guys. The show can't spoon feed everything to you.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    because marriage is massively declining?

18. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    You don't understand her at all, Ender.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Maybe but I mean, marriage is just disappearing as an institution, and you asked why she wouldn't be married.

20. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Honorable is Wocky code for his attraction to someone. He wants to hear about the waters of her homeworld.

Ender Sai likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    This is precisely what I was saying earlier. Wocky, is it not dishonourable to lust after the concubine of another?

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    itt wocky shoplifts the pootie

Ender Sai likes this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dp.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    thanks to this thread i watched this show. it's good. but on "single mom" and her honorability ranking, did she (carly) really not have a single friend or family member other than her abusive ex? it seems like something she at least might have looked into since child care was clearly going to be an issue and jeff was probably the last person she would want to leave her infant son with for days at a time. i thought it was a small crack in the show that none of the characters (save trevor) apparently had parents or siblings or friends. but that's a nitpick really. i thought the team were all pretty honorable, they all consistently tried to do the right thing given complicated and difficult circumstances. i might rank phillip and marcy a bit higher because they both had to deal with huge burdens that they weren't prepared for at all. i wonder if new marcy really is the same marcy or if there was some corruption or something with the second upload. she seemed to be pretty lacking in compassion compared to her old self, and she's supposed to be a doctor not some cold-blooded assassin.

Diggy likes this.
  25. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I thought that maybe it's not the same person at all (but then that sucks because I liked Marcy, but it sucks anyway).

tom likes this.