main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sins of Omission (AU; OCs, humor/mush/philosophy; PG-13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Onderon1, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Author's Note: This is a semi-sequel to The Sea-Mouse, an AU story of Garen Celchu, a son of Tycho and Winter's whose maternal heritage goes back to a certain negotiator ... :p

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30798462/p1/

This also contains a non-descriptive encounter of an adult nature between two consenting adults. Hence, the PG-13 rating - just FYI. [face_peace]

DISCLAIMER: LFL's are LFL's. Others belong to their owners/creators. OCs are their own. This is a work of fiction. No money is being made off of this. Please don't sue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    40.1 ABY: Coruscant:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rhythmic nature of the strokes was enough to keep Garen's focus off of his worries - at least until he reached the end of the lane.

Is being a soldier really going to help me find what I want to do with my life? the 18-year-old Force-sensitive thought, continuing his exercise routine - 50 laps in the 40-meter pool.

Swimming had long been part of Garen's life, especially as he'd trained in Force control, the healing arts, and other lessons with the Paladins of Varykino on Naboo. But instead of going out into the wider galaxy and aiding others in secret, as many Paladins did, Garen had opted to follow his father Tycho's example and serve the Galactic Alliance in the military.

I guess I'm just on edge about being on Coruscant. This close to the Jedi ...

Garen didn't hate Jedi, but there was a certain wariness among the Paladins - who'd been founded by former Jedi Knight Zekk of Ennth, the Lord of Varykino after he'd married Padme' Amidala-Skywalker almost 10 years before - toward the Jedi Order. Many Paladins saw the Jedi as foot-dragging, dogmatic, government-shackled mystics who often didn't help the real people in need.

And we're secret from the Jedi. Who knows how they'd react to learning about us? Assuming they don't know ...

Garen finished the lap in the pool of his parents' apartment complex. The pool deck was set in an inner courtyard, with apartments surrounding the outside, so he'd been able to walk from "home" to the pool fairly easily.

Nice to be able to do something familiar before boot camp, he thought. Dad had said Centax wasn't going to be like Prefsbelt - Garen already had his blond hair buzzed short, and the GADF didn't require cadets to be bald or go by code-idents - but Garen was still on edge. He knew it was going to be hard work, and different from swim team.

Our coach didn't scream at us like the drill instructors are going to. But I'm used to taking orders and working out. I guess I'm still wondering if it's the right thing to ... to ...

That was when he sensed her, and surfaced, pushing his goggles back on his head as she walked out of her apartment.

A woman - a girl Garen's own age, maybe a little older than him but not by much - walked out of her apartment, a towel tossed over one shoulder. Her long brown hair hung down to her shoulders, setting off the curves of her tanned body, and her brown eyes shone with anticipation.

That, and she was wearing a white bikini that accentuated the way she moved.

Gah, was all Garen could really think, as the girl caught sight of him and smiled.

"Hi! I'm Shaena. You must be new here. Or are you visiting?" she said ... even her voice sounded like a gentle waterfall.

Garen managed to pull himself out of the pool and nodded - SAY something, dumb-shebs! his conscious mind screamed.

"I'm Garen. My parents live here. I'm just visiting until I go to Centax for boot camp. I was away at school and now I'm enlisting," he said.

There. Simple, the truth ... but his heart was still racing, and he was sure it had nothing to do with not cooling down after his workout.

Shaena's smile grew, and she had perfect dimples. "Wow. You must be the Celchus' son - you look like your dad. It's nice to meet you. I have a spare

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.