main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sins of the Father - Sequel to Jedi & the Ambassador - Chap. 31 - updated 8/9 - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Happy Slug Day. I feel like one because I sure as hell don't want to go to work today. LOL Here's the first chapter of the sequel. As always, I love comments but don't feel like you need to leave a novel. Good or bad they're all welcome. You don't have to have read Jedi and the Ambassador, but it helps.

Title: Sins of the Father
    Author(s): jadesabre75
    Timeframe: 20 years after Jedi and the Ambassador
    Characters: Kyp, Jade (OC), Jag, Jaina, lots of other OCs
    Genre: romance, angst, suspense
    Keywords:
    Summary: A madman is terrorizing Coruscant.
    Notes: I fudged the ages a little bit, so everyone try to suspend your disbelief a little, please. =)
    Disclaimer: I don't own this crap, but I wish I did. Jacen would still be alive and J/J would have a few kids by now. :rolleyes:

The beginning might be a little slow since I have a lot of new characters to introduce. If you're confused about anything, just ask!

As always, my beta rocks. Thanks Jade Eyes for agreeing to beta this monstrosity! I'm extremely greatful.

A shout out to Cyn and Piper. Who keep me insane. :D

If you want to be on the PM list, just let me know in your reply. I'm not going to assume so you'll need to tell me. Well, I will assume on Cyn, Piper and Jade Eyes, but the rest of you will need to tell me. No offense.

Enjoy!

~Sab

Sins of the Father

Chapter 1

?Dad! Have you seen my robes??

?Which ones??

?My brown ones??

?Aren?t they in your closet??

Karissa Fel huffed in exasperation. ?No Dad. If they were in there I wouldn?t be asking you.? She could almost imagine her father raising his scarred brow at her tone and she cringed.

?Did you check the laundry room?? Jag queried, pretending he hadn?t heard the sass she directed at him. Sometimes he had to pause before he answered his oldest child. Jaina constantly reminded him that she was 17 and this was normal. He wasn?t sure he was going to be able to make it through both of his daughters.

He heard her footsteps as she ran down the hall and then her exclamation of discovery and felt a smile come to his face.

?I found them!? She said as she walked into her little sister?s room then stopped. ?What?s wrong??

Jag was sitting on the side of his other daughter?s bed, wiping her face with a washcloth. Looking up he gifted Karissa with a small smile but never got
    to answer her.

?I threw up, Kissa.? Jessa?s tiny voice said from the mountain of covers on top of her.

?Do you want me to?? She started, when her father stopped her.

?You?re mother is on her way. Go ahead and get ready. I?ll take care of this.?

Karissa nodded at her father, then leaned down to brush Jessa?s hair back from her face and kiss her forehead. Her little sister smiled and she reluctantly
    turned to go back to her room and finish getting ready. She emerged a short while later, dressed in the Jedi robes she had looked for so frantically a short while ago. Her long, dark brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her brown eyes shining in anticipation of starting the day. They were in the process of working on their lightsabers right now and she couldn?t wait to finish hers. Granted, Jarik was further along than her, but she was excited anyway.

She passed back by the twins? room and rolled her eyes when she saw them horsing around. Devin and Conner were a bane to her existence, but she loved them anyway. When they weren?t terrorizing her. The twins and Jessa had taken after their father in looks. All three of them had jet black hair and green eyes. Jessa?s eyes were the exact same color as Jag?s, whereas the boys? eye color tended to be not as bright. Her grandpa Han always told her that she had inherited her mother?s attitude and looks, which in his opinion was perfect. Since that meant her father was going to be having issues when she started dating. She hadn?t understood what he had meant at the time, but she did now. Her father was very protectiv

Update 10-13-15 - This fic was truncated in the move but it can be read in its entirety here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4448704/1/Sins-of-the-Father

Thanks!

Jadesabre75

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The Fel kids rock. Great psychological insights on the serial criminal mentality there. And.... two minutes? [face_laugh] ROFL!

3. JediKyle23

JediKyle23 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2008
    Wonderful!! Why didn't you tell me you were working on another story?! Love the first chapter, and Jade is right. The Fel kids are incredible. Can't wait to read more!!

4. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Yay! More.:D
    A mysterious attacker huh? Can't wait for more. Great start to what promises to to be a great story!

5. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    They're Fels. It goes with the territory. LOL I hope I bring the psycho across ok. LOL Guess it helps I'm a little crazy myself. Yes. Two minutes. [face_mischief]

6. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Hey...I'm starting a new story. :D Glad you liked the first chapter...I hope the rest of the story is just as interesting...

Yep. Psycho's abound. 8-} Thanks for reading!

**Author's note** I will probably not update this one as much as the other story. I had so much of the other one already written before I even fathomed posting it. Just wanted to warn you before we got too deep into it.**

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    PM please? :D

?Another two minutes won?t make a difference, will it.? She whispered back, trying unsuccessfully to keep the laughter out of her voice.

Jag pulled back to look at her. ?Two minutes?? She nodded, her grin growing, and he picked her up to carry her down the hall to their room. ?I?ll show you two minutes Mrs. Fel.

Ha! Totally loved this part! :*

So I'm wondering who the freaky attacker is? Out for beautiful women it seems. Hm...[face_thinking] And who has to pay for what? Intersting, interesting.

I'm so happy that Jared and Seena have a family of their own as well.

Great start!
    And PM me please! :p

8. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Awww...Sab. I keep you insane do I?
    [face_love]

Nice start, dear one.

Your psycho is creeping me out. [face_worried] But then that's the plan, so mission accomplished there.

And Jag "The Daddy" Fel. I freakin' love it. :cool: It makes me all warm inside...[face_blush]

Can't wait for more.

Cyn

Pray for me...I have to take Darth Toddler to her friends birthday party. A bunch of 3 &4 year olds at an indoor playplace. May God have mercy on me.
    :rolleyes:

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I love this exchange!!

Great start Sab!! Please tell me that Jaina will mess this psycho up! He cannot kill or harm her [face_praying].

The kids are adorable, both the Fel's and Durron's. Some of their banter sounds like a typical day at my house!
    Jag caring for his youngest is just precious. This man is one of a kind! He can go from badass and taking no
    prisioners to being the perfect dad.

You said would be updating soon, right? ;) May I be on your PM list? Pretty please.
    I cannot wait for more. =D= =D=

10. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    My pleasure.

11. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

12. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Oh! An exciting start to a promising story. I love seeing the "offspring" of the characters I love.

I think Jag's being overly protective of his Force sensitive wife. She'd kick psycho's *ss and anyone else's who gets in the way. And Force help us if he kriff's with her family!!!!

?I?ll be fine. The temple is just down the street.? Jag started to say something, but she rushed to stop him. ?There hasn?t been an attack for over two weeks dad. I?ll be fine.? He simply stared at her and she huffed.

A nice bit of foreshadowing of course. And it was interesting to see a little from the psycho's point of view. (I have no name yet so that's what I'll call him.)

PM's please.

Thanks! =D= :D

13. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

14. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    Oooo...nice!

I wonder who the next victim is. Loved the last line.

Could you please add me to the PM list? Thanks.

15. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Of course.:D

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Sorry this took so long Chris. [:D]

And I'm glad to help with the insanity.

Jag and Jaina with four little ones? And who was it that said, "what is it with you, Cyn and babies." :p

They are all just precious, and the Durron children as well.

And as usual you've woven a crime story into the mix as well, I like it lots!

Can't wait to see who the psycho is, and what Luke wanted with Corron. It sounds like the Luke/Kyp meeting in the first story. :D

And of course the J/J going to the bedroom was a sure winner. :D

Good start!

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks!

18. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    A sequel?![face_dancing] You make me so happy![:D]

The dynamic between the Fel/Durron/Obath children is fantastic.:) I've grown up with friends who blur the lines of family and you nailed it on the head.;) Great job!=D=

Please let me know when you update this!

Oh, and did I say great job?:p

[face_peace]

19. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

20. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Good morning! Hope everyone has lots of fun plans for the weekend. Happy Best Foot Day! LOL You guys missed my holidays, didn't you?

Here's the next chapter. It's a little short, but I'm almost done setting things up. Hope you enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

One day later?

Ajani Paniz sat at his desk, his dark chocolate eyes raking over the files on his desk. Never in his wildest dreams had he ever thought he would be dealing with a serial killer. He had always hoped he never would, but apparently fate had other ideas. Six weeks ago, the first victim had surfaced. He reached over to pick up her picture and sighed. At the time, they hadn?t realized she would be the first of many. Crime wasn?t a foreign thing on Coruscant. It was something that happened everyday. Murders weren?t unusual either. Crimes of passion, crimes of hate and crimes of opportunity were a way of life for many. This planet was not different than any other, except for the fact that there was a bigger mass of life here than most places.

In his 15 years as a homicide detective he had seen some nasty things, but this took first prize by a long shot. The flimsi was divided into two halves; one side had the before, the other had the after. The only major difference: the woman?s head was still attached to her body in the first one. Mita Darfin had been a pretty brunette who worked in the senate building as an aide. Well liked and single, he had heard nothing but good things about her during the investigation and disbelief that someone would want to hurt the petite woman. But the evidence spoke for itself.

She had been found in a dark alley, fully clothed with a few burns on her arms. Her head had lain a few meters away, eyes blankly staring at their own body. She hadn?t been robbed or molested in any way, other than the decapitation. It hadn?t been a crime of opportunity and he doubted it had been of hate.
    That left passion. Her friends had said she dated, but nothing serious and all the beaus had been interviewed with nothing pointing towards them. Ajani knew that didn?t necessarily mean anything, but his gut hadn?t made him think it was any of them.

He set the picture back down and rubbed his face with a hand. Five days later, they had found another one. Exactly the same, but in a different area. This time, behind a business in the downtown district. The next one in a park. One in a warehouse, one in a residential area and one in a factory. No rhyme or reason. No motive. A big fat nothing.

Of course, there were no witnesses in any of the attacks. No video footage from any cameras since the attacks always happened in areas where there was no surveillance. It was his opinion that this killer was very thorough and planned everything down to the smallest, seemingly irrelevant detail. The killer left very little physical evidence behind and what they had wasn?t turning anything up. It had made his job hell.

Not for the first time, Ajani was glad he didn?t have a wife and kids. He wasn?t sure he could deal with his job quite so well if he had a family. Running his hand over his dark bald head, he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. They needed a break on this case. Soon.

The door chimed and he didn?t bother to hide his groan. He had learned to dread the sound in the last few weeks, knowing that it wasn?t good news.

?Come in!? He shouted, opening his eyes and trying to fight the smile that threatened to take over his face. Before him stood Myri Storm, head of Intelligence.
    While he knew her being here wasn?t good, he couldn?t help the fact that his ticker thumped a little harder when she walked in. He had always thought her a very attractive woman, even when she had been married. Her blonde hair was shorter than it used to be, but her blue eyes shone just as brightly as he remembered from their first meeting.

Myri had become Director of Intelligence about seven years ago and had done a superb job, but then again he wasn?t surprised considering her background and

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Like Ajani very much. He and Myri seem to have a rapport [face_thinking] ;) [face_mischief] Mya's full of herself isn't she? LOL (Still am thinking Jarik and Karissa might ... just might ... like each other in a non-sibling type fashion.) :) Wowsers, so many victims and no clue/leads. How frustrating and terrifying. [face_worried] Hope something breaks soon. :D

22. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

23. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Wow! Like Jarik and Karissa. They are a riot! Great update!

24. JediKyle23

JediKyle23 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2008
    Awesome post. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Best Foot Day"... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yes, Sab, I did miss your holidays. :D [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.