main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sins of the Father - Sequel to Jedi & the Ambassador - Chap. 31 - updated 8/9 - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Hopefully soon.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

A/N - No, I haven't forgotten about this story. Like Last Name, I hadn't planned on going any further than Jarik's rescue with Sins. So...give me a little time to map out my plan and I promise you'll get some more posts! Thanks guys!

2. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Oi! What's this? An update!? Why yes it is. LOL I actually got something written. Glory Hallelujah! It's not long though, so don't get too excited.

Enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Chapter 30

Edward paced in front of her as he mumbled to himself. It had been two days since her kidnapping and each day she slipped deeper into herself. While she knew no one would come looking for her, there had been a tiny spark of hope that someone would. That spark had been doused long ago, and at this point she just wanted it to be over. She almost wished Edward would just kill her and get it over with.

?I can?t believe he screwed up a simple plan.? She heard him say though she?d given up long ago even paying attention to him. ?Your brother is an idiot.? He threw at her and continued his pacing. Sari snorted.

?Well you would know, being one yourself.? She threw back at him, totally unprepared for the sting on her face. Looking up she saw him standing over her, his face red with anger and she smiled. It was so easy to get to him. If she was going to die anyway, the least she could do was distract Edward until they could find him.

?They?re not coming after me, Edward. Your plan?s not going to work.? She told him, her eyes narrowing as he laughed.

?You underestimate your worth my dear. They?ll come after you.? He replied with conviction.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

He had just finished pulling his tunic over his head when he heard the door swoosh open.

?I?ll be ready to go in a minute.? He said as the shirt slithered down his chest.

?Oh please, take your time. Unless there?s another show later.?

Jarik turned around and gave Karissa a playful look. She stood just inside the door, leaning against the frame. The brown robes she wore may have looked plain on most people, but not on her. He finished rearranging his own robes and leaned back against the medbed.

?I think I could arrange a private viewing later, if you?re up to it.?

?Don?t tempt me, Jarik.? She told him, sass in her voice. ?Besides, if we want to make the meeting we have to leave now.? She reminded him, smiling when he rolled his eyes. ?I thought you wanted to go?? She asked as he made his way over to her. Leaning down, he kissed her nose and slapped the door controls to open it.

?I do.? He responded as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door with him. ?Just not looking forward to the confrontation.? She squeezed his hand as they made their way down to Luke?s office. Jarik looked over and smiled at her. His parents had told him about the meeting but had never mentioned him needing to be there.

Without bothering to ring the chime, Karissa opened the door and the two of them stepped in. Jarik?s hand was still firmly in hers and that was probably a good thing. Every eye whipped to them and she felt him raise his shields.

?Jarik, what are you doing here?? Kyp asked, turning towards him.

?I?m here to help.?

?Son??

?Dad, Sari?s my friend. Regardless of what she?s done I?m not leaving her in enemy hands.?

?But you just got out of the medical ward.? He countered, flinching slightly when Jade touched his arm.

?You can either let me help or I?ll go on my own. Your choice.? The young man told his father as he crossed his arms and waited. Karissa stood next to him and settled her gaze on Kyp. He looked livid, but she could tell he was definitely losing the battle with himself. The master chose not to say anything, instead turning back around to pay attention to the briefing. Jarik fought the smirk on his face as he and Karissa moved to stand towards the back of the group. He glanced briefly past his parents and his gaze connected with Micah?s. There hadn?t been time for the three of them to talk in the last two days. Jarik knew when this was all over they were all going to sit down and have a chat. Force knows they were going to need it.

Luke stood and everyone quieted. The room was full, but not uncomfortably so. Ajani and his team were there, along with

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    HA! First!

Yay! They are going to send in the calvary again.

Please! I wish someone would wipe those things out!!:rolleyes:

=D= More, more, more!

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Du dun du dun CHARGE!!

Great update!

5. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *hands Sab the butter knife*

Lather up, m'dear. :D

So... they're riding to the rescue, are they? Nice.

I think it's lovely that Micah still cares for Sari. Poor girl. Couldn't help being born into a family of ne'er-do-wells and psychopaths.

Can't wait for more!

Cyn

6. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Loved the line about the vacation to Myrkr.
    Looking forward tomore J/K mush! [face_love]

7. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thanks!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

I'm sure I'll be able to sneak some more in...

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. Loved the conference... looks like a very good plan of action... glad Micah is still in Sari's corner though of course they have a lot to talk about. Liked her scene with Edward--she's still got the snark. :) BTW, loved the line about the butter on the butt and being a biscuit [face_laugh] [face_laugh] For fics that haven't been updated in like MONTHS, the author can ask for gravy or syrup as well [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

9. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    LOL It hasn't been months. I'm not that bad. The muse and I just had to figure out what the sith we were doing. :p

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I'm pretty happy to see they are going to rescue Sari and I like that they are being pretty forgiving of her mistakes! :D

11. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Well, it just didn't feel right for them to not go after her. So it didn't leave me much choice. LOL

A/N: I actually managed to write a chappie on Last Name today so hopefully I can finish up the next one for Sins...keep your fingers crossed.

12. JediKyle23

JediKyle23 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2008
    Nice update. Can you believe you're already on Chapter 30? Keep up the excellent work.

13. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks! Yeah, this one lasted longer than J&A. But funny thing is, I think there may only be one more chapter. LOL I've gotten most of it written and there's resolution in sight! Woot. We'll just have to see.

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Well...don't everyone kill me at once but this is the last chappie. :( I hate to end the story but I can't really justify dragging it out anymore. So enjoy!!!

~Sab

Oh...Happy Send An Email Day!!!!

Chapter 31

Team 1 ? Corran, Jarik, Karissa, Micah, Ben, Ajani and three swat members.

Team 2 ? Kyp, Jag, Jaina, Luke, Zoan, Zek and three swat members

Team 1 ?
    Five hours later?

Ajani had just finished strapping his flack vest down when he felt a hand on his arm. Turning, a smile split his face as Myri held out his blaster for him. He took it from her and strapped it on, his eyes not leaving her face.

?You?re not going to do anything stupid out there, are you?? She asked, causing him to chuckle.

?Wasn?t planning on it.? He said quietly. ?Why, did you have a request??

?Yeah.? Came her reply as she went to her toes and brought his face down to hers. ?Try not to get killed.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

?You sure you?re up for this Jarik??

He looked up to find Corran standing next to him and he sighed.

?Yes. For the last time I feel fine.?

?Hey.? The master said shortly causing Jarik?s eyes to vaunt up to meet his. ?Keep your tude. I get enough of that from Valin.?

?Yes sir.? Jarik snarked as Corran walked away. He felt Karissa walk up behind him and he turned gracing her with a smile. ?Please don?t ask me what everyone else is asking me?? He pleaded with her.

?What do I get if I don?t?? She asked him saucily as he pulled her into his arms.

?I?m sure I can think of a suitable reward.? Came the whisper in her ear, his gaze suddenly going behind Karissa to find Micah standing there. ?You ask me and I?ll shoot you.?

Micah laughed and walked closer. ?Ask what?? He said, not innocently enough. Jarik started to say something when Micah stopped him. ?I?m fine man. I just want to get her out of there.?

?We will.? Karissa interjected into the conversation.

?Damn right we will.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Team 2

?What, you put all the old people on the same team?? Kyp asked Luke as they waited for Zoan and the swat team members to get ready.

?Speak for yourself, Durron. We?re not all old like you.? Jag threw back as he walked over to the pair.

?No, Kyp. If that had been my goal, I would have put myself on the other team just to spite you.? Luke offered, smiling when Kyp?s face fell slightly. ?I simply put the people who mesh well together on the same team. You, Jag, Jaina and Zekk have always worked well together. The same can be said for Karissa, Jarik and Micah. Ben?s flexible and Corran?well we?ll just leave it at that.? He said, his grin growing.

Kyp snorted at Luke?s explanation and ran a hand over his face in frustration. He was eager to get the show on the road and get this over with. Looking up, he found Jade giving him a concerned look and he attempted to smile at her. She leaned over to tell Jared something and when he nodded she started Kyp?s way. They were a few buildings down from where Edward was holed up. Myri was camped out with Jade and Seena to await the outcome with Jared and Jysella standing watch over them.

Normally, civilians weren?t allowed anywhere near a takedown but Myri had made an exception this once. Considering both women had half of their immediate families involved it was the least she could do.

Jade stopped in front of her husband and gave him a smile. He responded by pulling her into his arms and burying his face in her neck. A chuckle escaped her and she sighed as he tightened his arms around her.

?You ok?? She whispered quietly.

?Yeah. I just want this to all be over. I thought we had left the past in that exact place. The past.?

?It?ll be over soon. We?ll have Sari home safe and we can put it behind us for good then.? Jade told him as he raised his head up to smile at her.

?Force, I love you.? He said as he placed a kiss on her forehead. ?You realize how much I?m gonna be leaning on you when Luke finall

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    ?Yeah, that?s right Fel. Your daughter is going to a whole other planet with my son, who also happens to be her boyfriend.? Kyp added, trying to keep the smile off his face as Jag?s smile faded. ?Oh, did I mention they?re both consenting adults?

Give the poor man a heart attack, why don't you? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Wonderful ending. I'm glad everything worked out for Sari.

Great story, Sab!
    =D==D=

Looking forward to reading more of your work. ;)

16. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great ending!

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    =D= :_|
    It's been a great ride, Sab! But, I don't want it to end!
    :_| =D=

18. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    HE's dead finally !!!! [face_devil]
    And Sari is slowly mending.

Loved how you wrapped up this story . :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the edge of seat suspense--the wonderful humor and the mush. Yes, I'm totally looking forward to your J/J fic. :D Huggles always, Jade_eyes... [face_love]

20. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    This was a great story and gave me a lot of what i enjoy: Kyp as a dad and grandmaster, his legacy of amusing and interesting children, and a mystery with plenty of tension.

I hate when the journeys over, but you write so much i know there will be more to look forward to! =D=

21. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Dude... you had a swat guy named Baker.8-}

Seriously, I think there is one in every town.

Nice wrap up to the epic. Bad guys are gone, good guys went on vacay... =D=

Loved it!

Cyn

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry, replied to the wrong story :oops: [face_blush]

23. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Hey!
    You finished, and it was amazing!
    I have to admit I am completely head over heals for your O.C.'s and I hope you'll throw them into future stories every now again. Anyway great job! =D=

24. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    I'm not going anywhere. You'll have to survive on The Masters of Fate and Last Name for a while though. I need a break. LOL

Thanks! and thanks for reading!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Awwww!!!! [:D] Thanks for being the best freaking beta in the world!!!!

LOL Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. Next one will be J/J...if I can get it to cooperate. LOL

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

You know, I think I'm gonna have a hard time writing Kyp with anyone but Jade after this. LOL I'm so glad everyone enjoyed my OC's. Of course I became attached to them, but I'm glad everyone else did too.

25. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    this is utterly aswsomeness!! I'm about halfway through it now and I'm loving it! great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.