main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sins Of The Fathers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wattowatta, Jan 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    *******IT!!!!!

2. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000

Janiss pounded the broad table that served as a council for the various pirate gang leaders. ?You have failed! All of you! Look at yourselves! I see incompetents!

?You, General Koyu, you were supposed to provide heavy lifters at Juikyl IV, you didn?t and the slaughter there was for naught. You, Admiral Toryuz, you diverted half your force to a Garbage dump! If those extra men had been called in, then Juikyl IV would now be stripped clean, and we would be in the laughs of luxury! Field General Uliyk, you have more to answer for. Because of your faulty security system, two Jedi infiltrated a highly guarded palace, and managed to kill the most powerful criminal in the region!?

?But, highness, I-?

With boiling rage inside her, Janiss let lose a rain of Force lighting, and killed the Trandoshan. The rest of the assembly was silent for a few minutes afterward. The Admiral let what they had just seen sink in. The Empire was still mighty, and if you were to cross it, you would die.

?Now, gentlemen, let us set into motion our new plan for conquest.? She hit a command button on her chair, and a holographic representation of the New Republic?s scanning array at the Dorang system floated above their heads. ?I suppose you are all familiar with the astronomical outpost at Dorang.? There were nods up and down the table.

?You wish us to destroy it?? Koyu asked.

?No, not at all.? Admiral Nurdo hit another button, and a new holograph of a make-shift shipyard filled with ancient Imperial Mark I Star Destroyers replaced the telescope. ?You will be ?raiding? this base. Steal a few Star Destroyers, and leave. You will be using powered-down training lasers for this run, and the Empire won?t really actively pursue you anyway. The result should give you staggering more firepower in your fleets, and your raids should be more sucessful from now on.

?Now, data files pertaining to this assault are being downloaded to your data pads. Let?s go over them, and make our plan even more perfect.?

3. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Where the hell have you guys all gone?

4. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Honestly, if this story sucks, tell me.

5. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    It doesn't suck. It's very good. I would have replied but I was on vacation. Others might also be on vacation or they just dont post and only read. Dont worry you're doing great. And if everyone else abandons you you still have me.

6. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Thank you, padawan3, once again you have saved me from the abyss of rejection...

7. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Hana looped her Frei-Tech T-97 Star Slayer through a broad loop and leveled out in the pirates exhaust port. She pulled on the trigger, and dual laser blasts shot out rapidly to her prey.

The fighter exploded like a torpedo, sending debris and flames everywhere. Captain Tyia used that debris cloud as a cover as she beared down on a wing pair to port. She got one, and had some damage on another, but lasers pounding her aft shields prompted her to cut starboard and reverse thrust.

A lone X-Wing A3 shot past her, and Hana fired on the craft. Although the craft was quick, maneuverable, and powerful, the pilot had no skills to make the best of those advantages. The pilot made no attempt to roll, accelerate, or spit at her.

As the craft blew apart, a thought ran through Captain Tyia. This wasn?t dogfighting, that was slaughter.

However, the simulation ended before she could get another kill in, and the cockpit view port opened.

Hana?s eyes still had to adjust, but someone wasted no time in congratulating her. ?Good flying out there, Captain.?

?Thanks,? she murmured. Finally, she got used to the sim complexes bright light. Tyia pulled herself out of the cockpit, and stood up on the platform.

?Come on over, Captain.?

Pushing aside all fatigue, Hana came over to the table where the rest of the pilot candidates were.

The training officer, a Major Hobbie Janson, named after two former members and best friends in Rogue Squadron started reporting the results when she got in earshot.

When he came to her, the man in his mid-30?s smiled. ?Captain Tyia, the best in the group. Ten kills confirmed, accuracy near 75%, shields were at 150% the entire way through, all in all, a very good run. 2000 points awarded out of a possible 1500. That brings your average up to a 3.98. Congratulations, Captain, you?re in Rogue Squadron.?

Hana was in shock. Two weeks ago, she was stuck in a back-world assignment. Now, after endless days of hard, brutal training, she was in the top squadron in the New Republic. ?Thank you, sir.? She barely managed.

?You?ve earned it, Captain. Congratulations.?

8. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Don't worry, next installment is in works, still typing it up...

9. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Here it is......

The Naboo night sky was filled with stars, actual twinkling stars. For Ceiran, the mere sight of them was something to be amazed at. During what he remembered of his early childhood, he lived at Coruscant, and the sky there was blotted out by the night traffic and city glow. At Tatooine, he had spent his time under ground or in the desert at daytime, the temperature dropped to low for comfort at night; plus the ever-present threat of Sand People.

But now, Ceiran could just marvel at the night sky, and dwell upon his inner thoughts. They were so beautiful, the stars. The sight of which made Ceiran want to sit there all night and marvel at them.

He was in the process of doing just that when Master Antilles sat down beside him.

?Master,? Ceiran said in an acknowledgement tone.

?Ceiran.? Same tone. ?I haven?t really had a chance to talk with you. Instating Queen Leina and mapping out Naboo?s Reconstruction have got in the way. All too much, the Force brings other forces into our lives, making us distracted and lost. I suppose you came here to find relief.?

Ceiran smiled, ?I did, and to think out the direction of my life. May I ask a question, Master??

?Of course, young Padawan.?

?Is this the way being a Jedi is? Constantly on the go, meeting people you?ll never see again, ending disputes on worlds you?ll never come near again, is this the way it really is??

?Ceiran, I?d be lying if I said no. Unfortunately, this life is a hard one. One without reward, without remorse, but without regret. It is and will be a hard life, but you will discover in your heart who you really are.

There was a long pause as Ceiran considered the future. ?You love the Queen, don?t you??

Ceiran smiled. ?I guess I can?t keep it from you. Yes, I really do love her. Since I saw her, she?s been part of my thoughts in every moment of my life. I dream about lying down in these meadows, and just talking to her??

Han nodded, that fatherly smile and soul still very visible. ?We have a few months of Reconstruction work. You cold get to know her.?

?You?re right, Master. I?ve enjoyed this time together, thank you.?

?Merely my job, young Padawan.?

10. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    More story....

Has that Han/Ceiran installment been posted? Can't see it....

Leina lay back on her bed, and let slumber come. As the warm darkness came for her, Leina?s thoughts came to the matter of that young Jedi, what was his name?

Ceiran Halcyon, his Master had said earlier.

Ceiran Halcyon.

The Jedi had saved her. He had wielded a tremendous Force to save her. She hadn?t known anyone would do such a thing for her. After all, she was merely a slave girl in a Hutt?s palace.

But then, he had come.

The dashing boy, no, young man, had saved her. Wielding powers she didn?t understand and could never control, Ceiran had saved her. And when the Hutt was nothing more than a bag of blood, Leina knew the truth: she loved him. It felt more than simple lust at one sight, she had gone through that a few times and knew the feeling. Leina loved him.

He had done so much, and the thought of him was beginning to give her butterflies. Oh, she definitely loved him.

She turned over on her back, and looked up at the splendid vista of the galaxy done in holographic dust. The painting had been a part of the Monarchy since the institution was founded, and she proudly carried on the tradition.

?Young Queen.?

Leina bolted upright. Right in front of her bed was a dark figure, shrouded in black robes, glowing with an aurora of blue light.

?Who are you?? Leina demanded.

The figure chuckled, and waved a hand at her. A thin beam of red shot out of the figure?s hand, and struck Leina. Leina then saw herself lying down on the bed. A quick realization occurred.

She was DEAD!!!

That was herself lying down on the bed!

The figure floated to her body, and entered it!

The last thing Leina saw was herself standing upright and saying, ?I?m you, Queen Leina.?

11. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Great now you got me hooked. Please post.

12. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    I thought you were already hooked...

Hell, I thought you're dead. Honestly, no one can survive 12 sucessful cardiac arrests...

13. Wattowatta

Jan 5, 2000
    Sorry, next installment is a Senate scene, and it's hard as crap to write.

14. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Oh yeah. I forgot.

15. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, I was banned, but now I'm back...

?Honored Representatives of the New Republic, I have an important matter to address.? The amplified voice of Intelligence chief General Morgan Danterl boomed through the Senate Chamber.

The Chairman of the Senate, Chancellor Unil of Thyferra, spoke, ?You may proceed.?

The General?s floating platform exited from its berth, and floated to the center of the Senate. His image and voice was recorded and transmitted to every other pod in the Senate for easy viewing and comphrension. ?Approxementally one month ago, our telescope at Dorang recorded a battle over an Imperial restoration yard. Pirate forces seized a period of lax security, and stole 39 refitted Imperial-I class Star Destroyers.

?Two weeks ago, several raids on bacta convoys, supply bases, and medical centers featured Imperial-class Star Destroyers. As we speak now, there are ISDs raiding New Republic bases.

?Several of the aforementioned 39 ISDs have been sold off into the Yunkila League, the Ishtali Confederacy, the Gonkilo Consortium, and the Lirkjgal Imperium. All of those nations have not joined the New Republic because they have been at odds with a neighboring member-state. As of 3 days ago, contact with those member-states were all lost.

?Honored Representatives, the current crisis with the various pirate forces is one we can not ignore. I would like to call a separation vote to have the Armed Forces be separate from the New Republic government to insure politics does not get in the way of swiftly dealing with the enemy.?

?Chancellor, I must protest.? The delegates from Thrfraglar entered the arena. ?A rogue military would only promote more mayhem. What if a renegade commander seized this opportunity to gain his own empire? What if this entire scheme is just a ploy to do just that? Force us into a bind requiring such drastic measure to deploy our military when our own commanders are conspiring against us??

?Chancellor, I move that the Senator?s comments be stricken. He is basing his argument on pure speculation, and the addendum clause 391 strictly prevents the action the Senator speaks of.?

The Chancellor nodded. ?Sustained. Senator, return to your berth.? The Senators did so, and Chancellor Unil opened his hands. ?The chair will entertain modifications and debates now.?

Senator Linja from Naboo came forward. ?Chancellor, I would move that this proposal be modified as such so that the Jedi Knights work together with a Republic taskforce jointly. Two Jedi were sent to my world, and they managed to take down the Criminal Emprie that had enslaved us.?

?Motion requires a second.?

?I second.? That was Senator Rabstin of Corellia.

?Motion is accepted, Chair opens the floor to debate.?

For hours the Senators disputed and argued, often going over the same topics again and again. Mostly everyone grew tired and bored, except for the stalwart after the first hour, but it took a 2/3rds vote to end the debates. That took a near eternity.

Despite all the hours of debating and resolving, the conflict came down to one big fear: the military could become a rogue force that could form a threat to the New Republic?s security in the future. The Pro-separation Senators debated that with the Jedi on the case the chance of that was slim and none. The anti-separation Senators debated there was no real way of assuring that. But, in the end, after nearly a day of no sleep spent in debates, the motion was passed with about 6 trillion in pork funding attached to it.

The law was made into law by President Goran on 6-19-76, New Republic foundation date.

16. jedi_furiated

jedi_furiated Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 1999
    I need to get some cool sounds for a test piece I'm putting together. I need the hum of a lightsaber and a vehicle sound i.e. Tie Fighter, Shuttle Tyderium, etc.

Is there a site where I can grab these sound bytes (for test purposes only) I don't want to grab sound bytes from the films because at times there are other sounds playing. (I tried the video games, but I can't find the light saber hum for a long duration.)

Any help is appreciated.

17. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    You could probably grab them at TF.N's Multimedia section.....

18. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I have the sounds you are looking for. These will eventually move to the Theater but now are still on my fanfilms.com site.
    http://www.fanfilms.com/fanfilms/filmmaking/postproduction/sound_effects.htm http://www.fanfilms.com/fanfilms/filmmaking/postproduction/sound_effects.htm

Azeem
    TFN Theater

19. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I think KnightQuest, New World Order(Matrix), and possibly others get alot of sounds from the EPI computer game.

Visit the SCIFI 3D site at TFN for more info. In the FAQ section there is a file and instructions on how to rip the sounds from this game. Excellent sounds...

20. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Forgive the lateness of this, but I've got a huge project to get in...

I promise I'll post more.Rogue Squadron broke out of hyperspace into a battlefield. Lasers filled the pilot?s view ports with constant eruptions, followed by explosions that were once transports and freighters. Out in the distance, there appeared to be a station being shot at by swarms od pirate ships. And at the rate they were firing into the hull?

?S-foils to attack position!? That was General Tainer, a member of a very distinguished line of military officers and the commander of Rogue Squadron.

Hana hit the switch over her head that would make the end three meters of her fighter?s wings move up and down in sync with her craft?s movements, optimizing firepower on a single target.

With the general obviously calling the station, Hana took a quick look at the battle. An Imperial Star Destroyer had just entered the fray, and was deploying more snubs into the mix. An Interdictor cruiser and a few smaller ships were pounding on some planetary defense forces and freighter traffic.

This was a rather interesting situation they were in?

21. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    That was quick. And your a knight already. How you do it i'll never know. Oh well I want more story.

22. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, you gotta average about 30-something posts a day...

But, anyway, the next part of the story is in the works, I'll try and get it in...

Oh, just out of curiosity, what are your favorite polts in this sucker, just so I'm not writing around blindly trying to please everyone...

23. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000

Ceiran signed off on the latest request forms for supplies, and let the aides go. These past few days of endless paperwork was getting annoying and tedious. Although a Jedi wasn?t supposed to be bothered these kinds of emotions, it was hard to keep Ceiran?s mind off the worst agonizing torture:

He hadn?t seen the Queen in a week.

That irked, chafed and pursued him beyond all reason. What he would do to see her trim body, to touch her thick, luscious hair, to kiss her soft, sensuous lips?

DAMN THIS TORTURE!!!

Ceiran turned to face the window in his office, to stare out into the cityscape and gain some sort of inner peace. The city was in ruins, but was being rebuilt. The fields beyond were wastelands, but being rejuvenated. The air above was polluted and filthy, but being cleaned.

With the Force, all life is in a cycle: great progress, prosperity, a downfall, great sadness, and the loop continued over and over. Despite a Jedi?s power, there was nothing he could do to alter or change that fact.

That gave him the peace he sought.

?Jedi Halcyon.?

His ears had not yet drunk a hundred words, but he knew that sound.

Ceiran turned around, and forced back the youthful smile coming to his lips. ?Highness.?

The Queen, not yet mature enough to do the same, smiled. Ceiran was glad that she wasn?t that mature, the smile was the sweetest thing he had seen. ?Please, do not be so formal. I have spent my life in the drugs of society, I do not believe I shall ever get used to such titles. Leina will suffice, Jedi Halcyon.?

?Ceiran will suffice for me as well, Que- Leina.?

The young Queen gracefully moved forward to the solitary chair in front of his desk, and sat. ?I haven?t had the chance to thank you for your rescue of me at the Throne room.?

?That?s quite unnecessary, Leina. I-?

?Please, let me thank you. Forgive me for being so rude, but my life is in your debt. I will do anything in return for your generosity.?

Ceiran was thrown back, and normally the ?Anything you want? line would have sent him to teenage levels, but he rejected that immediately. That would lead to the Dark Side.

?Leina, I seek no repayment. Seeking such would be against the Law of the Jedi. I will not break an oath I swore to.?

Leina smiled again. ?You?re quite moral, and your rejection proves some things I?ve know for a while.?

?Those being???

?First, that Jedi are rightly the heroes of the galaxy. And second, that I love you.?

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Man, I suck at these love scenes....

Oh, check out another fan-fic I'm doing at:
    Forum9/HTML/002040.html Forum9/HTML/002040.html

25. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    More story...
    The Imperial shuttle cruised through the shipyard hidden in the thick asteroid field in the Unknown Territories. Once, long ago, the space was truly deserving of it?s name, but now it was well-mapped and colonized.

And it was all the Empire?s.

Thanks, due primarily to Grand Admiral Thrawn?s expedition of it years ago. When the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant made peace decades past, they had unwittingly given these rich regions to the Empire, as they recognized the Empire at it?s current borders.

And Thrawn had beaten the Republic to claiming it by 45 years.

Now, another member of Thrawn?s family was using the Unknown Territories for gain.

Janiss Nurdo looked at the construction streching out as far as the eye, and the sensor, could see. There were big ships, little ships, fighters, transports, freighters, and tug boats. Construction was rampant, primarily Star Destroyers, Lancer-class frigates, and Interdictor cruisers.

Although the design was 50 years old, new variants and upgrades kept the craft at the top of the ranking of fighting craft.

The pilot of the shuttle looked up to the Admiral. ?Admiral, we?re approaching the Retribution.?

?Excellent, Captain, continue as planned.?

Approaching the long construction yard, the Retribution came into view.

?Is that it?? Nurdo asked.

?It is, Admiral.?

?It?s beautiful?? Janiss could not believe her eyes. The Retribution was over 3 times as long as the Executor-class Super Star Destroyers, 27.98 kilometers long in actuality, but the same shape as the Executor, and proportionately sized.

The gaping holes in the Executor?s defense net had been eliminated by 950 Lancer Frigate-type gun towers, 5,000 Heavy Quad Turbolaser batteries, 4,500 Heavy Ion cannons, 6,000 Dual Turbolasers, and 58 overlapping Executor-class shield generators.

It was a marvel of engineering: quick, agile sub-light maneuvering, an exceptionally fast class-0.65 hyperdrive, a vast support-ship fleet of 16 wings of TIEs, 2 wings of Gunboats, and thousands of shuttles, walkers, and transports.

And then, there were the reason why Admiral Nurdo was here.

?Admiral,? the Captain said. ?We?re in position.?

?Begin the test.?

The pilot hit a control panel, typed in a few characters, and sent it out to the Super Star Destroyer, looking quite subdued in its berth.

On a small view screen showing the visual feed from the Retribution?s bridge, space shivered as the Destroyer began initializing its cloaking shield.

In a heartbeat, the Destroyer was off all scans: thermal, visual, metallic, biological, the works.

But, in no way was the Retribution?s sensor or visual view impeded or hurt.

Finally, Imperial engineering had created a practical one-way cloaking shield.

Janiss looked at the pilot. ?Captain, send word out to Command Central, tell them to begin mass producing the cloaking shield and installing it in all Imperial craft.

The Captain smiled. ?Yes, ma?am.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.