main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sins Of The Fathers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wattowatta, Jan 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Here it is....

The droid army stretched out for kilometers. Battle and destroyer droids, STAPs and AATs and AMTs, formed long columns and divisions that were spread as far as the eye could see. Ceiran sighed. ?This is it, boys, you know what to do.?

And they did. The X-Wings and the Star Runner fired more energy into the phalanx then required to power Threed for a century. Massive jagged holes appeared in the formation, which made things a whole lot harder.

Now, they had to be specific on where they fired instead of blindly firing with no control whatsoever.

As Ceiran looped back and forth, his lasers firing all the way, he managed to pull out his comm link. ?Master.?

?Ceiran, where are you? I just headed off a STAP raid on the capital.?

?Right now, I?m in the Runner, strafing a droid army near the outskirts. Can you pull anything to help us out??

?Well, a K-Wing squadron just launched. I think we have a N-5 squadron available, but it?s reserved to the Queen?s command.?

?Master Antilles, consider them released from that obligation.? Queen Leina commanded. ?We need every force available here to stop this invasion.?

?Acknowledged, Highness. I?ll get them up.?

Ceiran returned to strafing the droids. With each and every pass they made, the droid force grew more weakened, more widespread. That itself was a testament to the great skill of the pilots, but it was making the job far too difficult. Starfighter weapons weren?t made to do this kind of assault, and the army was growing closer to the populated Threed city?

Then, the salvation occurred. The K-Wing bombers flew into the area. If the X-Wings softened the droids up, then the K-wings decimated them. A hail of bombs and precise laser blasts ripped the remaining droids to pieces.

And, all was quiet.

No lasers erupted from the fighters, no bombs reigned destruction on the ground. No droids marched to the city.

The battle was over.

The Naboo were victorious.

Ceiran fell back into his seat. ?Good work, boys. Head back to base.?

He shut off the comm, and turned back to Leina. ?Good shooting, Leina.?

?Better flying, General.? Then, she pulled the quick one on him. ?Ceiran, will you marry me??

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    <laughs> She's nothing like the normal queen we're used to. I wonder how he's going to deal with that. (Besides crashing his fighter out surprise. I'm kidding.) Keep up the posts.

3. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Admiral Nurdo leaned back in her command chair on the bridge of her flagship, the Retribution. The cloak shield was activated, but she could see the swirling tunnel of hyperspace around the ship.

Her thoughts dwelled on what would happen if her father had this cloaking device during his campaign against the New Republic. Would he have won the war against the Rebels? Or would the cursed Rebels create another ingenious plot to bring about his downfall? They always seemed to be extremely innovative right when the final plan of victory was underway. It seemed they were always that lucky during any Imperial campaign?

?Admiral,? a young Lieutenant called out from the pit crew, ?Reversion to real space in ten seconds.?

?Thank you, Lieutenant. Inform all weapon crewmen to be ready. There will be a lot of targets here.?

?Yes, Admiral.?

?And, also inform all crew that our final victory over the Rebellion begins here.?

?Yes, ma?am.? The Lieutenant replied to that with obvious enthusiasm.

The swirling tunnel of hyperspace broke up to a vast star field and rings of ship construction. A blue orb of beauty filled the heart of the vista, momentarily making Janiss wish she hadn?t ordered the first testing of her flagship to be here: Mon Calamari.

?Hyperspace jump completed, cloak-field is stable. No signs of detection by the target, Admiral.?

?There won?t be any, Ensign. Helm; move us to point-blank range of that communications relay. Open fire when ready.?

It took nearly ten minutes for the Retribution to move into range, but the wait was worth it. Sheets of deadly turbo laser fire erupted from what appeared to be the blank vacuum of space, and destroyed the comm center. Now, the Rebels couldn?t call for reinforcements.

?Continue with the operation, engage all ships, shipyards, and everything else in the system. Nothing is to be left in one piece, understood, Captain?? Janiss asked.

?Understood perfectly, Admiral. Should we let a few escape pods and fighters flee? The morale burst would cripple the Rebellion if we do.? Her loyal Captain asked.

Janiss nodded, that would be what her father would do. ?Yes, Captain, let a few go. You can take care of this, I?ll be in my quarters.?

?Yes ma?am.?

The complete destruction of Mon Calamari took about two hours, but it was complete, thorough, and unrelenting. Ships and shipyards were blasted into oblivion, their debris entered the atmosphere, super-heated, and left massive smoke trails that stretched out for kilometers, and choked the air. Transports were destroyed without warning, and turbo laser salvos hit the mater, boiling off huge amounts of water, and caused complete environmental disaster for the natives.

In two short hours, Mon Calamari was destroyed.

In ten minutes after, the Retribution had left the planetary system and was enroute to its next target.

4. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
  5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wonderful.

6. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh, I made SITH you guys!

Forum8/HTML/015826.html Forum8/HTML/015826.html

7. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    More coming soon, you guys, don't worry.

8. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    When the Jedi Council made time to drop their duties and overview a case, it could only mean two things: the subject had done an absolute terrible job, or the subject had performed so well, it was necessary to congratulate him in person. When the Jedi Council came to Naboo, Ceiran hoped it was the latter. He knew it was the latter. How the Jedi Council could turn a valiant protection of others into a fall to the Dark Side, he would never know or wish to know.

The Queen?s handmaidens managed to find an isolated room for the Council to deliberate in, and they spent their entire time on Naboo there, endlessly debating the same points over and over again. As a result, Ceiran spent most of his time there, since the debates were over him.

The discussions focused over a few basic concepts, one of which being that Ceiran had broken the code in taking Leina?s life debt. That could be countered that Ceiran abided the code by showing respect for Leina?s way of life and her culture. Ceiran refused to alter the Naboo way, which could have averted a war or confrontation.

Another discussion was that Ceiran and Han had spent far too much time at Naboo for an extended mission. The roles they were taking on were more suited to New Republic governmental officers. It was necessary that either Ceiran move on to a new assignment, or remain here with the Queen as a permanent part of her advisory board.

The Council would have sided with the latter, if it weren?t for the fact that Ceiran had entered the critical phase of education, the phase where he was extremely vulnerable to the Dark Side?s temptations. Such a gap in the training would leave him as an extreme danger to the galaxy.

But, the galaxy was already facing another danger: the various pirate bands raiding away across the galaxy. Ceiran was needed out in the Core Worlds, where the pirates were picking up their attacks. However, Ceiran was also needed here, on Naboo, where pirates were already raiding, and all indications suggested they would continue to raid. Plus, Ceiran was locked into Leina?s life debt.

The Council decided that there was only one way to determine Ceiran?s future: for him to stand the trials to become a Jedi Knight. Ceiran had much to learn, but the type of learning would only be found through experience. Operating as the Queen?s assistant would surely provide that assistance.

So, Ceiran took the trials.

In a few short hours, his entire future was altered. Deep tests by the Jedi Council proved one thing: he was ready to become a Jedi Knight.

General Ceiran Halcyon, Jedi Knight never had a greater night in the arms of his fiancé then he had in the deepest permeation with the Force.

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Stupid council. They're always causing trouble. Great story.

10. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    http://www.makeitsimple.com/gaming/game_reviews/xwingalliance/xwa003.jpg

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Um, okay. Does that have anything to do with the story or did you just feel like posting that? Great pic, but could you post on the story sometime soon? Thanks.

12. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    General Tainer gathered his pilots from Rogue Squadron together, and let the grave look on his face set the course of the meeting. Although the pilots were bright-eyed and jubilant after another victory against the various pirate bands raiding the galaxy, the New Republic was on the brink of collapse, and Tainer had to let that come across to the boys.

?All right, Rogues, settle down. We did some good flying out there today, and you got in a lot of kills, but our success isn?t representative of the New Republic at large.?

?What do you mean, General?? Hana asked.

?To put it quite frank, the New Republic is on the verge of collapse.? That got everyone quiet. ?There are effectively too many pirate forces raiding away for the New Republic to deal with. And, apparently, old Admiral Hoylan at the fleet command is having a hard time pulling together victories.

?Pirate forces control roughly three-fifths of the galaxy, and there?s an even more grave threat.? He paused. ?Three days ago, a phantom vessel attacked and devastated the world of Mon Calamari. Our shipyards, fleet, and everything artificial there were destroyed. Several turbolasers hit the Calamari oceans, and boiled off 5 feet of the water. Now, the planet is in an ecological disaster, and we estimate that every living being there is killed, or will be in two days.?

The easy joy in the room very quickly became disgust and sadness. ?So, what do we do, sir??

?Well, Hoylan is transferring command down to the local chains. Individual bases and units sucha as ours are being left to fend for themselves.?

?So, the New Republic has reverted to the Rebel Alliance??

?That?s one way of stating it. Moreover, President Goran and Chancellor Unil?s political troubles are growing. The Senate is screaming for them to step down, and some planets are going into riots. The New Republic is in what may just be it?s darkest hour.?

?What about the Empire? What are they doing during all this??

?Very little. Intel suggests that they can do nothing, their fleet is down to practically nothing, and further diluted to protect their Unknown Territories. If you?re looking to get assistance from them, then you?ve got another thing coming.?

?So, we?re on our own and hanging by a thread??

?Right, Hobbie. Now, as our own little portion of the New Republic, we?re going to have to make up for lost time. That means hitting the deck at least every day. Let?s get to work, people.?

13. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
  14. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Have I mentioned that I love X-Wing stories? Keep the action up.

15. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Then check out my Yavin story, Jaya, it deals with the Rogues after the battle of Yavin:

Forum16/HTML/000008.html Forum16/HTML/000008.html

16. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I'am back. I'am sorry I didn't reply in awhile but I was in Hawaii getting sunburn. You know this story just seems to get better and better with every post. Speaking of posts are you going to give us another one.

By the way you just have to love this princess of yours. Gotta hand it to you with another great character. GOOD JOB.

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    More please?

18. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Another fan-fic starting up....

Forum16/HTML/000679.html Forum16/HTML/000679.html

19. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    More story.....

Admiral Nurdo called a meeting of the Imperial Moffs in he palace at Bastion. Now, she could unveil her plan for her rise to power. Now, Janiss? master plan could be set into motion. She let her appearance of icy cold calm and razor-sharp thoughts cut into the hearts of every Moff there, and set the briefing into motion.

?Honorable Moffs, today I call you to discuss the future of the galaxy. As you know, our?companions in the New Republic are suffering from a rampage of pirate and mercenary forces. Their economy in on the verge of collapse, and their fleet is in shambles. Not since the Yuzzhan Vong has the galaxy been in such peril.

?The time has come for us to aid our fellows and to strike back at the pirates raiding away. We can also annex the systems we take over, and expand our territory. The time has come for us to flex our muscles, the time has come for revenge.?

?Revenge?? One of the Moffs spoke. ?With what? Our fleet is less powerful then the pirate forces. If we were to expand our territory and protect it, we could be chewed apart piecemeal.?

?I agree, Governor. However, you need not worry. I will provide the necessary ships.?

?That?s asking a lot of us, Admiral.?

?I know, your Excellency, but you must make this leap of fate for me. No, not for me, but for the Empire. Our future depends on this action, if we do not join with the Republic, then the Empire will fall when the pirates turn their attention to us.?

?Admiral,? another Moff asked, ?Just what makes you think the Republic will welcome us? They may just kick us hard because we strayed a millimeter over our space.?

?They might, but that would require more resources and better leadership then they have at the moment. Right now, the claws of their enemies draw nearer and nearer to their throats. They will gladly welcome any alleviation from any front.?

It took three more hours of that kind of discussion for the Moffs to finally realize the potential gain behind an offensive strike and for them to agree to it. As a reward from the grueling deliberation, Janiss managed to find her private balcony on her home.

But, that peace was only to last for so long. Darth Iana came before her again. ?I see you have performed your job well, Admiral. The New Republic is on the verge of collapse, and yet you have kept the Empire?s nose clean. You should be congratulated.?

Janiss smiled, ?But you wouldn?t go that far, now, would you??

?I see you have recovered the wit of your mother. Congratulations on your victories, Admiral.?

?Thank you, Lord Iana. I trust you share the same on your front??

?My plans proceed. I have?inherited the form of Queen Leina of Naboo, and using her, have seduced young Halcyon. He will come to our side when we begin the final plan. I trust you know what I speak of??

?When I conquer the galaxy, and you become Empress.?

?The same. We must maintain this as clean as possible. I believe with the current state of affairs on Coruscant, the people will clamor for order. I will create more chaos in the Senate, you are to take the galaxy.?

?As you wish, Lord Iana. Now, answer me this: why must we have Halcyon on our side? Why is he so important to our plans??

?The Force is strong with him. The combination of Halcyon and Skywalker lines in his immediate ancestry has created a reservoir of power within him. Think of the power the Death Star used, then multiply that by thousands, and place it within a human being. He is at the stage where he could be our greatest ally or our greatest foe. If he was the latter, then we would never have survived this far.? She paused, ?And, it was a Halcyon that destroyed me. It will be a Halcyon that restores me to power.?

Ah, so it was personal for the Sith Lord. ?Well, the Force be with you, I suppose.?

?And with you, Admiral.?

The Sith mistress disappeared, leaving Nurdo alone on the balcony with her thoughts.

20. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! Another post! Hehe. Keep up the great work. (I can't wait until he figures out that she's not the real Leina.)

21. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000

More story....

Ceiran rolled left to avoid the searing laser blast of another droid starfighter. No matter how hard he pushed his pilots, no matter how far he delved into the Force, more and more droids kept launching from an Imperial Star Destroyer off in the distance. He cut his throttle back, and let his pursuit overshoot him. Two quick blasts of lasers ended that problem.

The thing was, he was flying with his squadron in old T-97s. They were quite maneuverable, and were more than a match for any of the enemy in the dogfight, but the massive force the enemy was sending out was wearing them down thanks to numerical superiority. Ceiran tried to give things one more shot, and pushed himself that much harder. Despite all the energy the Force could give him, despite his physical and mental stamina, and despite all the fighting spirit in him, he was losing the day. Ceiran?s squadron was down to 5 pilots, and troop transports were landing on Naboo?s surface.

In short, Naboo was on the verge of collapse.

?Watch it, Lead! Two droids are on your tail!?

Ceiran swore, rolled hard left, then tried to evade the enemy by flying into the heart of the dogfight. However, the weird Trade Federation Starfighters kept on tight, and shot liberally in his direction.

?Elite Leader to squad, I need some help.?

Ceiran continued to evade, and fired as frequently as he could on other droids in the engagement. That way he remained a juking target, but also was racking up kills in the furball. As he finished another TIE, the space behind him was filled with a brilliant nova. He saw a T-97 pass by, and offered the pilot a salute.

But, the unit patch wasn?t that of Elite Squadron. Instead, it featured a 12-pointed star with an X-wing on the end of each tip?

Rogue Squadron!

Ceiran hit the comm. ?Elite Leader to Rogue Squadron, thanks for joining the party.?

?Quite welcome, Elites. Pirates giving you trouble??

The Jedi Knight looped around, the fired on a wing pair of hostiles pursuing his wingman. ?Yeah, they?ve been doing this for a while now. My other squadrons are basically chewed up. None of their fighters are space worthy, so they?re in atmosphere, hunting down troop transports.?

?How long they?ve been going at it??

?At least every week. I don?t see how they?ve got the resources to take such heavy losses, but they?ve been doing it.?

?Great. Same thing?s been going on all over the New Republic. Systems are falling left and right. It?s not been this way since the Yuzzhan Vong.?

Ceiran shuddered, and hunted down another TIE. He vaped it, then saw something odd out his view port. He checked his sensors, then hit the comm. ?Rogue Leader, do you see that??

?The entire group running to the Star Destroyer??

?Yeah, that.?

?Looks fishy. Recommend we pursue, but not so far as to get in rang of that ISD.?

?Acknowledged. But, we might want to try for a torpedo salvo, that ought to give the bandits something to think about.?

?Like retreat??

?Yeah. We?ll get chewed up if we don?t take this one, and that Star Destroyer has pumped out more fighters then it is able to hold. I?m thinking they?ve got another group in reserve for some kind of ambush.?

?Unless it?s just a full-fledged retreat.?

?Either way, we need to rack up some numbers. Let?s go!?

Ceiran led the charge, and destroyed one after another of the enemy, racking up an incredible amount of kills to his record. Behind him, the Elites and Rogues were doing the same, wreaking havoc on the enemy, now disorganized and extremely vulnerable.

When the starfighters were thoroughly devastated, and there were still kilometers to go before the Reps hit the ISD?s weapons range, Ceiran prepared himself for staring down the guns of an Imperial Star Destroyer. What he was about to do was something that would truly test his skills as a fighter pilot. Sure, he was death to untrained, undisciplined pirates, but against the most one of the most advanced military machines ever created, he had no experience whatsoever.

But, Ceiran was saved from that momenta

22. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
  23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Awesome! Taking breaks from finals to read stories is fun.

24. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Forum8/HTML/017950.htmlReturn of the Wattowatta Is Now J.E.D.I.

25. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I love this story! Post soon, Return of Wattowatta!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.