main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sins Of The Fathers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wattowatta, Jan 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I agree. Very good.

2. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks. I think I only have a little bit more to go. MAybe 5 more installments max. Then, the sequel comes into play.

3. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Ceiran leaned back in his couch, and prepared to toss of a shot of Whyren?s Reserve whiskey. The past two months had been little more than marching toward the Core. There, they had found devastation in some worlds. Then, the fleet would stop, rebuild the world, and then get a readmission treaty into the Empire. Thus, the fleet was bogged down in search and rescue and diplomatic action for weeks on end. That shining fact translated into no combat missions for the pilots.

That was what really got him agitated. Being cooped up in a starship without getting out into vacuum really wore thin on him. Fore the pilots, it wore on them even more. Before he could get on picket duty, the most boring and monotonous duty ever, the list was booked for 6 weeks down the line.

He was about to go to the simulators to see if they were clogged up. But, the warm presence of Colonel Fel busted in and eliminated all possibility of that occurring any time soon.

?Hey General! How?s it going??

Ceiran fell back, all the strength suddenly drained from him. ?Just fine, Colonel. So, I take it the simulators are clogged??

?There?s a line running through the entire complex. No one?s getting out of there for a while.?

?At least there?s no line at the cafeteria.?

?True.? She flopped down beside him, then smiled. ?You look awful, General.?

?Thanks, Miss Fel.?

?Any time, Ceiran. So, how?s the future look in terms of flight missions??

?Nothing planned. Basically, the fleet is still clogged down in search and rescue action. Advance scout ships are moving ahead, and moving the schedule along, but basically we're still jammed solid.?

?Not good. The pilots are really getting nervous. This cabin fever is getting to us all.?

?Well, we might as well get something done while were cooped up. Do you want to get started on your training??

?It?s worth a try.?

?There is no try. You do, or do not. But, putting that aside for the time being-?

Ceiran was cut off from the beginning of his lecture by a communiqué. ?General Halcyon??

?Go ahead.?

?There?s a report about your father coming in over the Holo Net.?

?Punch it through down here.?

?Yes, sir.?

The holoproj on Ceiran?s table lit up, and several lines of text scrolled by. ?Aw?damn.?

?What is it?? Jaina asked.

?My dad?s dead. He got killed a few weeks ago when some pirates raided the Errant Venture. The EV is my property now. Plus, some other stuff is in his will that I have to attend to.?

?Do you want to take some leave to check it out? I could fly on your wing.?

?I know. But the fleet needs you here. I?m going to have to talk to the Admiral for some leave time. You want to come with me??

?Hey, it?ll keep me moving.?

?

Ceiran and Jaina entered the Admiral?s office, and tossed her a salute. Janiss returned it, and gestured to two chairs in front of her desk. ?Please, sit down. I trust you want to get a position on picket duty??

?No, sir.? Ceiran replied, sitting down in the rigid chair. ?I need to take a few weeks leave.?

Nurdo was a bit set back. ?A few weeks leave??

?Yes, ma?am. My father has died, and there are some property matters that I need to attend to.?

?Ah, I recall your father captained an Imperial Star Destroyer.?

?Yes, ma?am. It?s in pretty bad shape, and it?s seen better days, but it?s still functional.?

?I see. Well, the schedule is open for a while. I can give you, oh, two weeks leave. Will that be sufficient??

?Yes, ma?am.?

?Good. Now, I?m glad you showed up. I need your view on what to do with the Republic.?

?Well, Admiral, I was under the impression that Republic worlds were willingly joining up.?

?They are. But, there are still a lot of people who still claim that the Empire is the big, evil, terrible machine under Emperor Palpatine. What do you think we should do about them??

Jaina stated ?Well, the pocket in between Hutt Space and the Yuzzhan Vong invasion corridor is open.?

?It is. The Empire has no presence there. The pirates

4. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    That was great!

5. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Yes it was. And we get a sequel soon. My day is turning out better then expected.

6. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    -SPOILERS-

Well, unless you like wrestling, it probably won't be all that damn good.

-END SPOILERS_

7. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Ceiran landed on the hull of the Errant Venture with a thud, and tossed a salute to the Twi?lek greeting him. ?Nice to see you again, Jiol?ap.?

?And you as well, Master Halcyon. The last time I saw you, I believe you were scared stiff of my lekku.?

The Jedi laughed. ?That I was. So, it seems as though the Venture has seen better days.?

Ceiran caught up to the Twi?lek and they walked together to his office. ?It has. If the pirates hadn?t gotten him, the bills for operating this place would have. Which gives you a pretty big job to handle, since you?re now the owner of this shack.?

?Trouble is, I can?t deal with it. I don?t have the time or the skills to operate this sucker. But, I do know someone who does.?

?Who??

?You.?

?Me? This place will fall apart, Ceiran. I don?t want to be the captain when it does that.?

?Easy, Jio. I think I can pull the Imps to overhaul her for a nominal fee.?

?They?d do that??

?Well, I am a General. In any rate, I?m sure the techs will appreciate the challenge.? Halcyon?s point was punctuated by a pipe overhead separating from the ceiling and falling to the floor. ?Yeah, they?ll really like the challenge.? The Twi?lek let loose a belly laugh that filled the hall. ?Whoa, now, Jio, let?s stop that.? Ceiran smiled. ?The ceiling itself may fall down.?

?

The Twi?lek led Ceiran into what had been his father?s office. Mementos of the man?s career and voyages lined the wall, and the residual spiritual elements of the man he known in life filled the air. The loss of the man Ceiran had loved in his childhood choked on him.

?Your father left a message for you, if you want to see it in private.?

?No, thanks, Jiol. You can see it.?

?All right.? The greasy alien inserted a data disk into a desk-bound holoproj, and pressed the play button. A one-eighth hologram of his father appeared on the desk, and looked forward with a smile on his face.

?Hello, Ceiran. I know you?re out on that big ship hunting down pirates, but I fell that my time in life is nearing a close. That is why I?ve made this message for you.

?First, let me say that I?ve always loved you, and will always be proud of you, no matter what path you decide.

?Second, there are some financial matters of mine that are transferred to you upon my death. First and foremost is this ship. I hope you can take care of it and get her back to operational levels. There are also some accounts that are embedded in this file. They should provide you with a way to sustain yourself should you ever be out of a job. Although, that never really mattered to a Jedi, now did it?

?Third, your path is at a moment of change. A great evil is where you would least expect it. Be vigilant, my son, and do what you feel is right.

?May the Force be with you.?

8. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
  9. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    What do we want?
    More story!
    When do we want it?
    NOW!........please

10. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, yeah...I'm getting on it.

11. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    And we'll be waiting.

12. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    To the top

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Cool! Post again! I hope that he figures it out.

14. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Yet again to the top.

15. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Sorry guys, I was banned for a while there...

The solitude of hyperspace and the lounging on the Retribution when Ceiran returned gave him a remarkable amount of time to think. For nearly 100 years in galactic history, things were on the brink of total disaster.

The Clone Wars, the Civil War, the Yuzzhan Vong sweep, and now the devastation left after the pirate conflict had brought a thriving galaxy to chaos and near destruction. Every time, it was a matter of life or death. Every time, humanity was pushed to the limits of what it previously thought it could do. Aliens and humans united together to stop the greater evil rampaging their homes.

Ceiran had become a Jedi Knight primarily because of his family line. His great-great-great grandfather, Neeja Halcyon, fought bravely in the Clone wars, and died at the hands of the Jensaari. His great grandfather, Keiran Halcyon, had fought the Empire, and brought the Jensarri back to the Light Side. Moreover, Keiran and his son, (Ceiran?s grandfather) Valin Halcyon, had fought the Yuzzhan Vong and repulsed them from the galaxy. His father, Neeja Halcyon, named after the Clone Wars hero, had dedicated his life to rebuilding the crushed and ruined galaxy to order, peace, and prosperity.

Then, Ceiran had come along. He also wanted to see order come to the galaxy. Although great strives had been made after the post-invasion rebuilding, a lot of people were still in the pits of poverty. Moreover, the Senate had been reduced to squabbling over petty matters. There was no clear focus, no order, no controlling voice emanating from Coruscant.

In a way, Palpatine had been correct when he founded the New Order. His epoch, although marked with anti-alien sentiment and weapons of mass destruction, was the only way to prevent the decline of the Old Republic. With a strong central government, marked with appropriate checks and balances, peace and prosperity could flourish.

But, as he grew up, he never thought that being a Jedi would land him in the Empire. Throughout his upbringing, he had thought of the Empire as an heir to an evil tradition. Yes, they had made great strides toward compensate for past wrongs, and had come in at the most desperate hour for the New Republic, but the graveyard of Alderaan more than spoke for their crimes.

Now, as he worked in their midst everyday, Ceiran realized that that evil empire died over 75 years ago, at Endor. The new Empire still had nobility interwoven in it, but was dedicated to peace, not superiority.

The Corellian Jedi thought more of how he was to play a role in the New Empire. There were rumors going around in various political corners on ship that Queen Leina would assume political leadership of this new Imperium. Ceiran literally didn?t know what he would do then. She would be an Empress, he an Emperor.

Personally, he didn?t believe a single word of it.

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    You were banned? ::shakes head:: How about you just stick to writing the story? ;-) Just kidding. Anyways, great post!

17. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Excellent post as always.

18. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
  19. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Why won't this story stay up? Up I say.

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
  21. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000

The shuttle lowered its walk ramp down to the ground, letting the passenger compartment to be filled with the refreshingly warm, humid air of Naboo. To Ceiran, the air was a burst of fresh energy; finally something else than reprocessed ship oxygen. Moreover, it was the person awaiting him at the bottom of the ramp that put more of a rush into him than the air or the Force ever could:

Queen Leina.

For nearly 8 months, Ceiran had been forced away from the woman he loved so dearly. When he went to sleep, her image came to mind. When the Corellian ate, he remembered long candlelight dinners with her and a bottle of champagne. When he flew his TIE, he remembered flying in that battle over Naboo with Leina as his gunner.

It had only been the strict discipline instilled in him that had prevented Ceiran from breaking down.

Ceiran looked over to Janiss Nurdo, who shared the compartment with him. ?After you, Admiral.?

She laughed slightly, ?Are you sure you don?t want to go first??

Ceiran smiled but a tight smile that was not at all like most Corellians. ?A big part of me wants to push you out of the way and run down the ramp. But, at this point, it?s not a matter of if I?ll see Leina but when. And besides, appearances have to be maintained.?

?I know you?re telling the truth because you have absolutely no skill whatsoever in finesse.?

?I?ll keep that under advisement, Admiral.?

?You know, you can break a smile every now and then.?

?Yes, ma?am, but that would ruin the professional Jedi aura, wouldn?t it??

The Admiral gave him a slight nod and warm reception. ?You think too much of appearances, General.?

?Comes with the uniform.?

She laughed warmly, then notioned him to the ramp way. ?Let?s go meet the Queen, shall we??

?As you wish, Admiral.?

The duo walked down the shuttle?s entrance/egress ramp, and the sun hit Ceiran like a concussion missile. On search and rescue missions, the sun was covered up by a thick layer of smog, smoke, and other gas from the smoke of devastation on the surface of the planet. On Naboo, however, the sun showed through clear and strong. The air was easily 90 degrees Farenheight.

It was a jolt of energy on a level of the Force.

They walked out to the space in front of the Queen, who looked absolutely stunning in a loose sun gown, and bent the knee as a sign of respect.
    While they saw nothing but the ground beneath them, they heard a childish giggle, then the amused words, ?Oh, stand up.?

Before Ceiran could fully rise to his feet, his arms were full of Leina, with her brilliant black hair becoming thousands of arms embracing him in addition to the two normal arms, which were pulling him so close to her, it threatened respiration.

?Oh, Ceiran, I?ve missed you so much.? She whispered in his ear.

?No arguments here, your Highness.?

The Admiral coughed lightly, but enough to break through the couple?s entwinement.

?Admiral Nurdo, a pleasure to see you alive.?

?As with you, your Highness.?

?General, Admiral, may I offer you the hospitality of the Threed Palace?? The Queen notioned to the massive palace behind them.

?We live to serve, Highness.?

Nine months later; after months of intense rebuilding, after endless debates on the new Imperial Constitution, after a mass exodus of the New Republic to their new territory; the wedding of Queen Leina and Ceiran Halcyon was taking place on the top tower of the Imperial Palace on Coruscant. With their marriage, they would assume the titles of Emperor and Empress of the Second Galactic Empire, and the galaxy would finally know peace once more.

A dome of transparasteel sheeting silenced the wind, which would normally be throwing the quests off the roof. The floor was filled with Jedi Knights, Imperial Officers, Naboo Nobles, Chiss soldiers, plus guests of the state, and whatever other group you could think of.

Ceiran was clad in his black colored, red trimmed Imperial 181st uniform, with his lightsaber

23. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    Ceiran let go of the kiss, and smiled at his wife. She returned it, and then it all went to Hell.

Something in her eyes flashed red, and all the life seemed to fly out of the Queen?s body. Leina fell into his arms, and Ceiran had to set her down to the floor.

?Leina, Leina, you all right?? He called, holding the sides of her face.

The Corellian Jedi got an instant jolt of news through the Force. He rolled on his side and down the dais just in time to avoid Han?s lightsaber slicing through the air where he once was.

Igniting his lightsaber, he yelled ?MASTER! WHAT?S WITH THAT??

Although they were a meter or two distant, Ceiran and the other guests could see Han?s eyes flashing red, and his voice became deeper. ?Young fool, never underestimate the power of the Dark Side.?

Han leaped down in a manner that would crush Ceiran?s skull with the butt of the lightsaber hilt. Ceiran countered by lunging low, and shoving a boot into the gut of his former master.

He came in, swinging his lightsaber in a quick triangular manner that would block the corrupted Jedi Master?s return blow, then provide an opportunity to swing at the lower torso and legs of him.

Han fought back, then managed to go on the offensive. Swinging low at Ceiran?s legs, he sought to bisect the Emperor, but Ceiran did a summersault above Han?s head, and swung another strike that met up with the edge of Antilles? saber.

The Jedi Master swung about again, feinted left, then struck at Ceiran?s ribs. The student retreated, then realized that he would have to end this quickly, or lives would be in danger. Moreover, he had to do this in perfect calm, or the Dark Side would be all over him.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, Ceiran cleansed himself internally. While holding the top portion of his saber steady, he twisted the bottom portion of the hilt, resulting in the doubling and narrowing of the saber.

The corrupted Jedi laughed heavily, then swung heavily to throw the saber up wildly, and have him rush forward, presenting Ceiran?s torso as an easy target. But, Han never got the chance to do so. Before Han?s blade connected, Ceiran doused his blade, and shoved the stumbling Han with a blast of Force energy.

The power of the push brought his master to his back, and his lightsaber flying wildly off into a side pit.

Ceiran reached down into the bottomless pit of Force energy, and blasted Han with a wave of Light power. With a simple plea ?Join me!? every other Jedi in the room let loose with their own Light wave at the evil Jedi Master.

Han struggled to his feet, his eyes flashed, and he fell to the ground again. An apparition of a woman in archaic clothing lifted out of the fallen Jedi Master, and stared lighting bolts at Ceiran. ?You could have joined me, Halcyon.?

?I could have.?

?You could have had power beyond your wildest imagination.?

?The Force is not about power, it?s about knowledge, truth, social leadership, and responsibility to the less powerful.?

?That?s one point of view. You could have been a god Halcyon, you turned it down.?

?I know. I?m proud of that choice.?

?We will meet again. You can have my word on that.?

?I?ll be ready for you Ms??

?Iana, Darth Iana.?

?Iana.?

?Until we meet again.?

Ceiran smiled. ?There?s no need for that.? Before Iana could vanish, Ceiran blasted her with another wave of Light Force Energy. The other Jedi in the room joined him, and soon they were united in the Force, united in spirit, all focused on the same goal.

The specter shriveled, twisted, then burst into a million fragments shooting out in all directions. The massive wave front was enough to throw the Jedi to the floor, and shatter the transparasteel dome. The air outside poured in, it?s cold chill preventing Ceiran from falling into unconsciousness.

He pulled himself up to his feet, and saw only the Jedi were in the room.

Leina! Where was she?

?They?re downstairs.? Janiss said.

Ceiran nodded a quick ?Thanks,? then sprinted downstairs through a m

24. Return of the Wattowatta

Mar 11, 2000
    The story doesn't stop there! Check out Test of a Titan for the continuing story!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=560651&replies=0

25. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    The 200th post!!! Hurrah for Wattowatta!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.