main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sins of the Jedi update

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Sarlacc_Pit, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    As we get closer to releasing the first part of SOTJ, we are also still filming key sequences for the later part of the series. We have been saving the most difficult scenes for last, and this past week completed filming (so to speak, as there isn't really any film) probably the most complex scenes in terms of organization. With a crew and cast totaling over 60 people it became a major undertaking that actually came off without a hitch. We had over thirty troopers, our version of a Boba Fett in his early twenties, an expert stunt crew as well as f/x-pyro techs, it was extremely satisfying.
    I thought we'd share some pics from this past week and let you see what is to be expected. And yes, it is in a forest, but I guarantee that you will forget about it very quickly when seeing it play out.

Check out the pics here.

2. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    :) WOW! I was shocked about your film before but now I can't wait for the first installment! That is some Grade-A work you guys put in! :)

Now if this turns out to be another IFOTOS... ;)

3. Sarlacc_Pit

Jan 24, 2001
    One other thing I forgot to mention, we had a large number of members from the 501st come into town to help out, and we arranged a private screening of the rough cut of Part 1 at a local theater, and the reaction seemed great. They laughed when they needed to and cheered when needed as well. Since this was really the first time a large number of people had seen the rough cut, the reaction was as hoped. So, the finishing touches are being added, and it will be up soon!

4. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Awsome! I am glad to hear it is so near completion that you have already had a screening, do you have a firm release date set?

5. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Great stuff Sarlacc, and you've actually fulfilled my 'Star Wars movie making' ambition by shooting a scene with a huge group of Stormtroopers. Lucky you :)

6. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    so the boba fett, you changed the colors to show the transition from the Jango colors?

in the pics, those don't look like Clay's sabers, who made those?

7. Sarlacc_Pit

Jan 24, 2001
    WD - No firm date, we have learned the lesson of that...nothing ever works in favor of making a set date! :)

Crunchy - No, those are not Clay's work, I did them really, really quick late one night before putting them up for the 501st to see. Please do not consider them how the sabers in the film will look. And also, yes, we changed Boba's colors to represent the transition of him making a name for himself and stepping out of Jango's shadow.

Daft- That was a dream of mine as well, and I still have a hard time believing it really happened!

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    The wire rigging looks really impressive, can't wait to see a rough cut or final edit of that action part :)

9. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Dang, that's some great stuff.

10. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    great work sarlacc -
    Can't wait to see it. Looks really awesome!!!

11. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    I smell next Broken Alligence (even though some of the writing in BA wasn't perfect.)

12. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I have a feeling this will be one of those films that we all wish we could have been able to make.

13. darynvallon

darynvallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2001
    !!!!!!! WOW !!!!!! :eek:

One word : Amazing.
    I can't wait to see this my friend.

Greg.

14. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    So, when you're done with the wire rigging, send to the address i'm PMing you.... ;-)

-Chris

15. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Keep up the good work. ;)

16. BarryOTP

BarryOTP Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow man, that just looks incredible. So how long do you plan having each installment run at?

17. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow, it all looks good but I really like this pic:
    [image=http://www.sinsofthejedi.com/images/behind/081002/081002m.jpg]

Fantastic quality, though it looks painful. If I remember rightly, a 2 foot tall teddy bear with a stick can get the better of that armour so I feel for whoever's inside there.

18. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    ya, what cameras did you use because that picture quality is the best I have seen in a long time.

19. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Lookin good guys, now the question is when your gonna call me cause that looks like a LOT of blaster fire to roto =P

20. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a shame all of the people that 'hate' films with of the in the title, and films shot in the woods aren't going to be able to bring themselves to download this film, becuase it looks at though it's going to be really, really good.

Maybe it's time to reconsider huh folks? :p

21. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Amazing! Just, totally amazing.
    Now those are real fans!!

You guys are really going all out on this one. Congrats!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this when it's ready. (And more behind-the-scenes details too!!!)

Have fun!

22. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Yo draft, I have nothing against films shot in the woods but I hate 'of the' tites, it makes it sound like just another fan film. However, this film stands out just by its production photos. I never said 'of the' tites made a bad film, just a marginal title, I believe people should try to think out of the box more. But like I said, these guys are not only out of the box, they tore the box up and rebuilt it into a sphere.

23. anakin_sky

anakin_sky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2001
    This film looks awesome. I cant wait for it to come out. Ive seen th trailers and it looks very professinal. Great job sarlacc

24. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

I've never been so envious in my life! That looks like so much fun!

Really looking forward to this one. Take your time guys, it will be worth it. :)

25. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    I can only second the opinions of the others, this film looks great! And for me neither the "of the" or the forest phenomenon play any role. I´m looking forward to seeing this one! Keep up the great work guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.