main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

sio bibble,not realy a learned man?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by QuiWanKenJin, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

I just now remembered this.In episode:II AOTC sio says:"There hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of the Republic." So I guess he never knew about the Sith Wars.Perhaps he became so eccentric in his old age that he forgot his education,and as a result became full of crap?There is also the thing Anakin says in Ep:III."Put me on the council but not make me a master,it's never been done in the history of the Jedi Order.It's insulting."However this one can be reckoned with.Anakin seemed to be the type of Jedi who focused more on saber combat and the Force than history.Then there's the possibility that he was so infuriated he didn't think about that,and was just over-reacting.[face_thinking]

2. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    I'm sure there's a proper retcon for Sio Bibble, but they can both be put down to a combination of Hyperbole and exaggeration, I think.

3. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Also in a galaxy that big how can we even know what a full scale War is?

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, when he says "formation" he means it in the same sense as Palpatine's "2000 years" comment, right? As in, the time since the Rusaan Reformation and the reforging of the Republic. Since then, there has been peace.

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    ^^ That's how I always understood it, that he was talking about the formation of the modern Republic. As I understand it, it was quite a bit different before the Ruusan Reformation.

6. EduardoBlake

EduardoBlake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Save for that little mess known as the Stark Hyperspace War, but that was kind of contained to some areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.