main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Sir, if any of my circuits or gears will help ..." and Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by There_Are_Four_Lights, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There_Are_Four_Lights

There_Are_Four_Lights Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    In trying to figure out what The New Baddie is doing with Vader's (post-bonfire?) helmet, I was struck with an idea.

What if this guy wants to 'use' some of Vader's old parts to tork himself up?

I'm guessing the metallic parts didn't singe so well in the fire. What if this guy was such an outcast, such a misanthrope, or such a fan of all things evil, that this cyborg did not want to go to Mustafar for a tune-up ... what if he thought he'd rather have something battle-tested and symbolic ... like Vader's disused hand?

Or maybe he borrows some juice from the respirator if he's injured, say, out in the middle of the jungle? (I suppose he had to visit the sanctuary moon, roughly the place where the two outgoing Sith met their demise)?

I am also struck by the idea that the tomb-raider may want to desecrate the corpse somehow, that the powers of the deceased may be bestowed upon him (think "drinking from Nostradamus' skull"), but this is open for discussion under a separate thread.

It calls to mind Threepio's "If any of my circuits or gears will help" rant at the end of IV, and could create a parallel.

2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    After thirty years Vader's cybernetics would be obsolete.

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Um In B4 [face_coffee]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This has been (and can continue to be) discussed in the "Who's the Baddie?" thread... locking.

Dak Oolron and plaidphoenix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.