Sisterhood of the White Currents

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by Narggawa-Kai, Mar 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narggawa-Kai Jedi Padawan

For those of us who have read all of the books past ROTJ there is a distinct problem that has arisen, we have often wondered where the awesome powers of the Jedi come from, and now we hear in episode 1 that it has to do with metacloriens. Well my friends what ever happened to the Sisterhood of the White Currents, the group of almost Amazon like woman who claim that the Jedi are a perversion of their power. I say Amazon like because no males are accepted within their ranks from what I can remember. Because when Luke Skywalker went searching for his mother who was by all rights once a member of this group, and had found them hiding on a planet, they told him that his mother was not there but when she was ready that they would accept Leia into the sisterhood. Now I realize that George Lucas has his own agenda when it comes to the end, and outs of the SW universe, but where do you draw a line in the sand with respect to what you allow to be written verses what you let us the fans see? I hope that this isn?t blasphemy, or that it gets me banned for writing it but this is a question of Sci-Fi morals; not a destruction of character. If anyone can give me some answers to this question, please feel free.
  2. lowbacca1977 Jedi Knight

IT says that the White Current is seperate from the Force though, so I think that makes a difference
  3. Kahunna Jedi Padawan

>George Lucas has his own agenda
    >when it comes to the end, and outs
    >of the SW universe.

If not George Lucas's, then who's "agenda" would it be? George is the CEO of the SW Universe. He can, and has, over-written SW stories done by others. How is this new?
  4. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that the SW Universe has grown bigger than GL can control...it isn't *his* anymore. SW now belongs to the fans and we should have a say in what is done...I for one hate midis, they take away from the essence of what it is to be Jedi IMHO.
  5. Nathanielstar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Midi's are necessary. The force has always been genetic otherwise Anakin would not have passed it down to his children.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.