main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sit Awhile With Me (Sabewan Songfic/Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Sit Awhile with Me
    By obi?s girl

Summary: After telling Padmé about the duel with Anakin, and she blames him for how badly things have ended, Obi-Wan sits alone. Sabé comes along and tries to make him realize all is not lost.
    Disclaimer: The song, "You Raise Me Up" is by Josh Groban. I thought this would end up as an Obidala but it felt more appropriate to make it Sabewan instead.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
    When troubles come and my heart burdened be
    Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
    Until you come and sit awhile with me.

?He?s gone, Padmé?The dark side has consumed him. I tried to talk to him but there was so much hatred and anger in his heart, nothing I said was going to matter,? Obi-Wan stopped himself briefly and looked into his friends eyes.

He knew the reason Padmé asked to him see was because she was worried about Anakin, the way he was acting, and for the safety of her children. Anakin?s children. Their children. Now, she was a widow. Obi-Wan couldn?t imagine what she was feeling or thinking. Padmé loved Anakin, she loved him when he was a little boy with dreams, and she loved him the minute she was reunited with him. But now, she felt as if a part of her had died and as much as she didn?t want to blame Obi-Wan, a part of her did.

?Obi-Wan,? she started and his eyes immediately darted towards her, waiting for her to continue. ?I want to be alone. Leave?Please, leave.?

Obi-Wan stood up and as he turned, he looked at his friend once more and then quietly left the apartment. Padmé didn?t need to tell him that what had happened to Anakin was his fault, Obi-Wan knew it was. Tomorrow, he would have to go back to her apartment and try to talk to her again but for now, all he wanted to do was sit. The Jedi found a spot to sit in the quiet gardens of the Jedi Temple, or what was left of it.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
    You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
    I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
    You raise me up... to more than I can be.

He didn?t know how long he had sat there alone. As he sat there, he felt a gentle hand touch his. He noticed the faded white paint on the fingernails and smiled. ?You don?t need to be here.?

?Why not?? the voice asked. Ben sighed, turned and looked at the former handmaiden. Sabé smiled, lifted her hand from his and touched his cheek. ?I promised you whenever you needed me that I would be here.?

?She hates me?? he started, ?I killed Anakin and I didn?t want to?I had no choice??

Sabé listened for Obi-Wan to continue and when he didn?t, she spoke, ?Padmé?s angry but she doesn?t hate you, Ben.?

?How would you know?? He snapped. Obi-Wan shut his eyes, gritting his teeth and then opened them again and looked at Sabé. She was hurt but she knew he really wasn?t angry with her, that he was angry with himself. ?I?m sorry??

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
    You raise me up... to more than I can be.

Sabé sighed, leaning on his shoulder, her long hair cascading down the side of his back. Obi-Wan looked to his side, at this woman, who only wanted to be there for him. Sabé cared for him deeply and he cared for her too but circumstances always prevented them from ever acting on their feelings for each other. The love was there, it was always there and he would always remember this moment. Sabé turned her head briefly and looked up at him, ?You know what you have to do, Ben. I know you don?t want to cause Padmé anymore pain but it has to be done, to protect her and her children,? she leaned up and kissed him, ?I have always waited for you, Obi-Wan but I can wait some more.?

And I am strong, when I am on your shoulders

Obi-Wan looked away again. Then, he glanced again to Sabé but she was gone. The Knight looked around him for her but he was alone, he was always alone. Alone. Sabé wa

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :_| :_|

That was so sad, but I love how you ended it on a note of hope.

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Such a lovely, sad viggie and you really captured Sabe's compassionate spirit and Obi Wan's guilt. I really liked this.

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Hananiah and Gina!

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    It was BEAUTIFUL, My Friend!

LOVED IT!

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Lady!

7. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    The song you refer to is one of my favorites of his and I thought you did an excellent job in writing this. It was very moving emotionally. I also wanted to cry for him as I could picture obi-wan as you described him. :_|

Good work.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Crystal :D

~aeryn

9. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    This is a very lovely and elegantly written Viggie. I'm glad you put in details like the white fingernail polish and the hair. :)

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Jazzy.

~aeryn

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_|

Well done! =D=

But still, so :_|

12. Jaina-Solo-1