main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

site counters

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by SithKittie, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    i hate the counters geocities offers. is there a way to make a counter and not use the ones provided? if that makes any sense.

I'm getting better with html and starting with java so if there is a way and somebody knows it puhleeze! *begging* tell me :) much obliged.

2. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    go find a counter you like, ask the webmaster if you can use it...

and you do know how to customize the geocities counters right? 'cause i think if you customize 'em they're pretty good.

3. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    yes i do but they always come out with a white rim that looks like crap and the background on all my sites are black.

and i'm not much into asking strangers if i can use something on their site :p but thanks for the idea :)

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    you got any friends with sites??? :D

anyway, good luck and btw, i have a counter that is supposed to show up on my site, but doesnt... i dont get why... (its the default geocities, so i agree thats not the best way :D)

good luck,
    -Daniel

5. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    lol, thanks. I've got one on my Random Star Wars site that's just the plain ol' geocities one, but i'm looking for one for my Castle Dracul Dracula website and none of them look good. the white just...yeah. you can get away with it on a star wars site sometimes, but not a dracula site...

:D

6. Defiance

Defiance Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 16, 1999
    I'm afraid Java isn't going to be an answer since it's mostly client-side (I don't think it's allowed to modify files on the server, so you can't update a counter file). The way counters usually get implemented is if you find a host for the counter you want and arrange to use it. There might be some where you can sign up for just the counter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.