main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Site Running Slow and Page Redirects

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Zandalor, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I have been having troubles with the site for the past three days. It has been loading excessively slowly. When I try to enter threads, it either takes several minutes to load, or will not load at all, or it will redirect me to the Board menu. I haven't seen other people with this problem, so I was wondering if I was alone and it was my system screwing up, or if there have been other instances of this happening recently.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was running slow for me between 7-8 PM UK time last night as well. It wasn't my connection as other sites were fine. Seems better this morning.

3. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    It happens to several fff users regularly since the big move.

the most painfull is the slowliness in the posting of course.

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    The biggest problem I ran into, other than the occasional slow posting was accessing boards.theforce.net and getting a blank page that said "An error has occurred, please try again later."

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Do these things tend to happen around the same time every day? It may be happening as a result of the daily backup being processed.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Grimby - for me the site gets slow between 7-8ish PM UK time, which would be 11am-12pm PST. I don't know if it continues after that as I usually head off around 8PM.