main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Site

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewbacca1138, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I vote for Mike!

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I second that so motion passed. Mike it is! OR do we have to wait until June's meeting to make it official Ia, our leader?
    :D
    All hail the new webmaster and mourn the loss of our original webmaster to the evilness which is college. :_|

Melanie

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike, it's all you.

I like the starfield, especially the second one in. I agree it's great not to look like every other site, but being original can bring on some crappy results, too. Anybody remember Adam Pawlus's revamp of the Yakface site?
    (Sharon, that's no offense to your compatriot. I love GalacticHunter and have been reading Adam's columns since the old newsletter).

4. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah but there's a difference between being original and looking crappy. Although the index page is not bad, as long as he doesn't carry it throughout. I KNOW Mike knows what I mean. :)

Well, buddy, I guess it's all you. Begin working on it, and next meeting I will have a burnt cd of all the pictures needed. Everything else is up to you. I will keep the site up until you give me the go to bring it down (so our friends wont be lost...hehehe...j/k).

As for the newsletter, I will probably only do it until the meeting unless one of you wants to take over.

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I know what Stef means, and I've already begun work on a template. Give me about a week and I'll have it hammered out. :)

L8r

6. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I see red.

7. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Okay, I've been sick for the past few days which has allowed me to spend time working on the site. I've gone through various themes, but I think I've settled on the current one. I've gone through various formats, but I think the banner on top/links on the left format will work best. I've taken a cue from TFN and combined both parts into what appears to be a single frame.

Anyhoo, click here to see what I've put together. There's also this one, same idea, different execution. I tried a black and white "dark side" one, but the white banner blows and the using white for the main text area hurts my eyes. :p

I welcome any and all comments. If the design doesn't repulse anyone, then maybe I can get with Stef next and see about transferring content over.

Thanks.

L8r

8. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I like it. But it needs a starfield.

Seriously, I like it. I kind of prefer the logo (Orlando System fanforce) from the blackframed version than the one on the blueframed probable choice. Maybe it's the shadow on it. Either way, the blueframed looks good. Looking forward to seeing it when the links go up. -Campbell

9. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The more I look at them, the more I prefer the second one. But don't let me sway you. :p

L8r

10. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I must agree, I like the second one better. One comment, though: I like the whole background pic idea, but it cuts off the posters and that looks a bit, well, eh. I'm sure you can fix it though!

Just contact me if you need anything! :)

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I favored getting the heart of the images rather than making the posters all tiny and stuff in the banner. I am considering adding some type of border to the frame image, however.

L8r

12. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I like it, I think its looking real good.

Mike do we ssend our event pics to you? If so which email address?

Dale

13. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The site isn't officially open yet, but hopefully soon. I haven't had time to work on it any the past week or so. And July things will only get worse, time-wise. But, if anyone wants to send me anything, send it to RogueScribner@yahoo.com. I'll do my best to make updates and the like, at least once a week when I have a day off.

L8r

14. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey guys. I am done constructing the new site, but it is sorely lacking for content. I sent Stefanie a message to see if she still had any old material I could transfer over, but regardless, we'll need some newer material. Take a look at the site and let me know what improvements I can make. You can e-mail me any pictures or other material (links, bios, newsbits, etc.) to RogueScribner@yahoo.com. Right now the place looks a little bare (but it's ad free!), so any help I can get to rectify that will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I built an image gallery, which you can view here. You guys can register and then upload your own pics so we'll have a living gallery, so to speak.

If you think a new photo album needs to be added, let me know.

L8r

16. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You know, I finally get the site built, and then I get a new design concept idea (all in the coding, not so much in what you guys will see). Why can't I think of this stuff before I spend hours and hours typing code? Oy vey.

L8r

17. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    so whats the site update?

18. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The site is active, but I'm recoding it for easier future maintenance and expandability. It's lacking for content in certain areas, so everyone is free to take a gander and suggest improvements.

L8r

19. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Dude, I just saw Brandon's SWW 2003 pics. I really dug the action figure photos. I wish they had something like that this year! That was cool. :)

L8r

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You guys should really check out the image gallery. It's got nearly 300 pictures already! 90% of which are from Brandon, I'm guessing. :p

L8r

21. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    For anyone interested, I added a message board to our site, so we can have our own local chatter over there, free of the binds of TFN.

It's pretty generic looking right now. I'll customize it later. I'll also have to add a link to it on the Orlando System site at a later date as well. Anyhoo, it's up and running and ready to use. Make merry. :)

L8r

22. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I'd like to ask everyone to start using the new forum on our official site. I know full well that this board will never go away; that is not the issue. However, as Mike said, our new area will *not* have the so-called "rules" that these forums have.

I realize it will be slow going at first. I'm certain it will go days at a time with no posts. We all expect that. It is a "new baby," though, and will take time to grow. I think we should post here every so often reminding potential new members to head on over there.

Let's make it our own and have fun doing it.

Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.