main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

sith and jedi lightsaber choices

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by par-thon, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. par-thon

par-thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    well ive noticed since the PT came out the sith favor outgoing individual sabers dookus curved mauls dual sided and palps pretty polished super awsome designed saber even vader put dual phase buttons on his so he could adjust the blade jedi just use simple sabers

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I guess the Sith take pride in the design of their weapon. What the Jedi lack in creativeness with their handles, they make up for with their choice in color. All the Sith get is Red. [face_plain]

3. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    well im pretty sure that any sith saber can adjust the blade lenghts- and as for mauls double sided- well hes not the only one- during the sith era- the sith used double lightsabers- also known as sith lightsabers- and dooku has a curved one because its easier for him to handle- but the jedi used simple sabers because there is something about them only wanting to use areg saber because of some sith/jedi philospical thing- idk, hard to explain

4. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    I think Jedi shouldn't really make their hilt designs too elaborate - they need to concentrate on the force not on what they look like - that is why i think they wear simple robes and not regal style outfits. So the hilts are also simple as the lightsaber is an elegant weapon not something to show off.

5. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    well sith usualy use red cause there planet tends to spawn more red crystals
    as for this i play kotor and read sw books but really it seams sith like inventive design i mean in the clone wars cartoon assaj ventress had 2 curved sabers that conected to make an s shaped dual bladed lightsaber i think sith have a thug attitude they gotta *BLING* everything out i mean the sith are even pretty snappy dressers look at dookus pimp cape

6. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    well sith usualy use red cause there planet tends to spawn more red crystals

defiantly not! they dont use real crystals like the jedi use- the make synthetic crystals- and while they forge them, they pour anger and hate of the jedi into them, sometimes strenthening the saber

7. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    if you have played kotor the sith used to use organic crystals then they started making synthetic crystals after that they just stoped using crystals all together and color became determined by wiring sith prefer twisted machinery

8. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    I think you nailed it with the pride idea, Jedi shouldn't take pride in what they look like to others - they should live a humble llife concentrating on the force and how to help others and destroy evil. Clothes and lightsaber handles should be of little consequence because they should be selfless.

A sith however can do whatever they like really as long as they stick to the Master and Apprentice and the Red saber blades only rules.

9. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    theres no red blade only rule GG was sith and had green and blue sabers before vader ended up in a suit he had a blue saber but was sith and in kotor i have a yellow and red lightsaber and im sith

10. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    yes ive played kotor- but that is not canon- kotor- also says that green sabers means your a guardian nad blue is defender- or something- but its totally stupid- sith use syntheic crystals and red is just the sith color- the jedi use green blue and purple because they are nautural crystals- but the colors they choose mean nothing, besides prefernce and wether they are a jedi or a sith

11. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    no color has no real meaning there are jedi with red lightsabers

12. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    GG was not a sith- he was just a killer cyborg thing- he had no use of the force- and when anakin became vader he did not have time to make his new saber just yet, he kinda had to go battle obi, and once agin, no one cares about kotor- i dont care what "the all powerfull kotor" says

13. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    Par-Thon General Grevious was not a Sith if he was that means there were 3 sith until Dukoo died which is not correct. He was just a droid leader not a sith, and Jedi dont have red lightsabers.

14. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    yes i kno color has no real meaning- tahs wut a siadi- besides prefrence- and as we see in the movies, there are no jedi with red sabers- i dont care about what the games or the comics or any other EU says, besides the EU on the OS- although there might be jedi with red sabers- it is prefrence- i was just pointing out how kotor has stupid theorys

15. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    As much as i love KOTOR 1 and 2 it is not canon and most of your argument seems to come directly from that game. This is the film forum remember.

16. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    look greivous BY DEFAULT was sith he didnt use the force but still and seriosly kotor is a good credible source that saber color dont mean crap it just reflects personaliy wich is another reason sith PREFER red it reflects personality jedi though have a few red ones and still anakin was sith and had a blue lightsaber so OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    what now
    lol
    just kiddin i dont want a flame war but stilli gots a good point

17. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    the EU is gay crap dont bring it up here

18. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    how was he a sith be default? he wasnt a sith, more like a dark jedi than anything, but he wasnt even that- he was just a killer cyborg trained by dooku in lightsaber combat for the sole purpose to set a trap for the jedi on the invisible hand and to kill any jedi that get in the way- and once again- anakin didnt have time to build a sith saber yet, he had to use his blue one because he was kinda in a hurry- and dont listen to kotor- first of all- that game sux- secondly the theorys in it are terrible

19. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    I don't want a flame war either and i do think KOTOR 1 and 2 are amazing games, with great stories but all i am saying is that the movies come first when it comes to canon argument.

If General Grevious was a Sith he would have had a "Darth" name - Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, and even from KOTOR there is Darth Revan and Darth Malak. In this case KOTOR is correct, but is still non canon when it conflicts with the films.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I was only kidding about the color part, I didn't mean for it to be the main idea in this discussion. Scorch62Delta has the right idea. The Sith are pridefull, onyl caring about themselves. Since the Jedi are selfless and don't let pride dictate them ... their lightsabers are more basic then the Sith's.

21. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    well you do realize that everything your saying about kotor is EU right?

22. Palps502

Palps502 Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    These are my favorite lightsabers:
    Palpatine's lightsabers (Gold polished and Purple/black/Gold Polished)
    Count Dooku's Curved Lightsaber
    Yoda's Lightsaber

Color has things to do with it.
    The sith have a red blade because they make fake synthetic crystals
    The Jedi have different colors because of the crystals they chose.
    Green, and blue are the easiest to find.
    Purple, Yellow, white are the hardest to come by.
    That's why Mace is so cool.
    Cuz he found a purple one, very rare indeed.
    So color does have something to do with it.

23. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks for the back up Obi, its a pity this possibly interesting debate has turned into a movie vs EU war thing.

24. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    where did you hear this yellow, purple and white thing? mace has purple because SLJ requested it, and for no other reason

25. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    i say EU is strictly the comic books kotor is good ok now i will agree ive heard that GG aint sith and got good proof and i know that cannon comes first but still kotor is a good source i guess as times changed though sith and jedi just shunned certain colors but thats not to say a sith cant have a nice green saber they just dont like em much

as for my favorite sabers
    lukes first saber
    kyle katarns 3rd saber
    bastillas dual sided yellow lightsaber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.