main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

sith and jedi lightsaber choices

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by par-thon, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    since when is kotor a good source? you like the game so its automatically a good source? cuz its not, they have a bunch of stupid therosy- the one that really annoys me is the "green- guardian, blue- defender" thing

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Happens a lot around here. EU isn't bad ... it's just bad when you try to compare it to the films.

Anyway, I guess the materialistic lightsaber handles the Sith posses seem to be a symbolism of their pride, greed and materialistic ways. Or maybe we are looking wayyy too much into it.

3. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    the only EU that i even remotly consider being fine and correct- is the EU on the databank of the OS

4. par-thon

par-thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    i kinda like the EU where luke gets cloned and the one where maul comes back but compared to the movies especialy the OT th EU dont stand up...

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO first day here i started a hot thread

5. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    Another idea:

We already know Jedi must give up everything (at least in the prequels)they aren't allowed to love and possesion is forbid as Anakin says. They must not become attached to anything, so if they create an elaborate and fancy lightsaber they might end up being attached to it, as something fancy could take a long time to create. So they shouldnt make a "special" lightsaber in case they get attached to it in some way and don't concentrate on the force.

Sorry about the wording, it made more sense in my head but i hope you can understand what i mean!

6. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    actualy this is a wonderful theory good idea man

7. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    Mauls saber is the coolest. To wield that thing must be pretty hard. But look what it did to Qui Gon.

8. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    actually, the reason that qui-gon was killed by maul was cuz there is a weakness in his style, i think it lacked defense or something, i cant remember

9. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    no i dissagree lukes 1st saber was the best

10. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    it was lack of defense he left his whole mid section exposed and kept his saber above his head

11. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    Form IV: Ataru - Due to its aggressive nature, it is an effective form to use against single enemies; however, it leaves the user open to attacks from multiple opponents; therefore, it is wise to use Ataru in a duel, but not in open warfare. (Source: Wikipedia)

Might be wise in a duel but i think thats more against a single saber rather than 2 blades going at you at once.

12. ProphesiedChosenOne1

Jul 21, 2005
    If you are speaking of Qui Gons style you are wrong. A jedi lacking defense? Never. Jedi were never supposed to make the first move. They were all about self defense. Maul was just younger, quicker, faster, and stronger.

13. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    If I can play Devil's Advocate for a second. I think AOTC and ROTS prominently pointed out that you actually should be attached to your lightsaber ... it's your life. But I do see what you're getting at. To posses a lightsaber as a Jedi is to use a weapon of elegance. It's when you start crafting it and making it more personal that you tend to dip over into pride and greed.

14. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    i am a verry accomplished swordsmen qui-gon did lack deffence his style was lunicy to use as a main style

15. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    Well i have to agree on quicker, faster and stronger things, i was just giving a description of Qui-Gon's fighting style (form 4-ataru) which is said to leave you open defensively.

16. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    so you think that jedi NEVER attack? and only defend? you are poorly mistaken, form 4- which is what he uses- is all about attacking, and yes im sry, the almighty qui-gon's style was lacking in defense- BTW: i never understood why everyone loves qui gon to death

17. ProphesiedChosenOne1

Jul 21, 2005
    I is a movie, you need some kind of an explanation. That is why I said, him lacking defense didn't really matter. Maul was just younger, faster, and stronger.

18. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    qui-gon was pimp if it wasnt for him no anakin no vader no nothin he set up the domminos obi ani and yoda tipped em over

19. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    Well i know you should be attached to it in that you should not lose it, but you should not have an emotional attachment to it and you should be prepared to lose it in dangerous situations that you shouldn't make your lightsaber a work of art that you treasure.

20. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    so your saying that lacking defense doesnt matter? how could you possibly say that? lacking defense leaves you totally open- BTW: age doesnt matter, look at yoda 900, look at dooku, 80ish, mace 50ish

21. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Exactly. Which was the point I was getting at. There is a difference between physical attachment and emotional attachment. The Sith have both and therefore are very prideful and greedy. Their lightsabers are just one example of that.

22. Scorch62Delta

Jul 5, 2005
    I think we have figured it out with that

23. par-thon

Jul 22, 2005
    he has a good point yodas 900 and can lift a mother **** x-wing lol
    as for this you have a great theory its really physical attatchments ok but emotional is not but emotionless jedi lead to there downfall it was only vaders love for his son that the galaxy was saved so attacthment shouldnt have been forbiden

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Moving to the PT Forum.

25. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    does anyone besides me think that there should be many more purple saberS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.