Canada Sith DVD - Lack of consistency in packaging

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthMetrix, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMetrix Jedi Knight

There is an inconsistency in the new DVD. Thankfully, I noticed it before I bought it. However, now I have to wait another 2 weeks for my US release to be shipped over. Still bothers me that we have to have french writing on our DVD's. Especially in western Canada.

Has anyone been able to find the right packaging in a Canadian store? I tried every major retailer here, and its all the same.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/holonet/newspics/swcanadadvds.jpg]

2. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, I know...it sucks...does yours say "charlotte" on it? :D
  3. Darth Scourge Force Ghost

star 4
    I have fallen victim to that, too. That was sure a lack of foresight regarding the packaging decision... My shelf now looks inconsistent!
    Well, it never looked totally consistent anyhow, as I have a mixture of region 1 US, region 1 Canadian, region 2 UK and region 2 Ger. Star Wars DVDs all lined up next to eachother.
    Heck, the region 2's even have translucent plastic cases with pictures on the flip side of the inlay, and the German one even has the SW logo starting from the bottom of the spine instead of the top. The region 2 UK ROTS has a cardboard slipcase, too.
    Still, variety is the spice of life, as they say.
  4. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't think I'm going to be buying ROTS until a saga box-set is released. I'm all about uniformity on my DVDs.
  5. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Metrix: you'd probably have to go to the US to get a DVD that's more consistent or just order it off of Amazon.
  6. DarthMetrix Jedi Knight

Yeah, I ordered my copy off of Amazon.com. Sucks though, I'd rather just go to a store and buy it. Its a really poor decision though, though I'm not sure who does it.
  7. Darth-Vaider Jedi Padawan

I got jipped too. I'm in London but was living stateside when i bought region 1 ep1 n 2 dvd's. i pre-ordered region 1 ep3 about 3 months ago so it would match the others but i got shafted wen they sent the canadian version. lame. still, i had the disc 1 week b4 normal peeps so not all bad, purely cos starwars.com announced that ozzies could get the disc a few days early.....heheh.
  8. WLDB Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the cheap inconsistent package myself. It upset me when I noticed. I also hate how its called Charlotte on the DVD player for some reason.
  9. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I just printed out the US cover and put it in my packaging.
    Heres a copy for all to enjoy that a friend sacnned of his.

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/ROTS-COVER.jpg]
  10. The-Yada Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    no problem. Mine all match and I am happy now.
  12. TK1317 Jedi Padawan

This irritated me as well. (Mind you, I hate most bilingual packaging. I understand why they do it, but half of the covers are double-sided... so why not do one side French, one side English, and NOT make both sides bilingual?!)

I actually downloaded a set of custom covers for all the films... all my spines are now identical and look great on the shelf. :)

13. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I have to many different covers for my sets. I love the custom covers that people make as they look better then the original often.
  14. The-Yada Jedi Knight

star 2
    There still is a huge problem though! I don't know what wise astrix thought this brain idea up. Why on earth it the OT widescreen silver and the PT widescreen gold???????? Just to force us to buy the compleate saga as a set????? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! I hate George! ....... Not really though, actually I love George.

But why George, WHY?

:confused:
  15. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was to make the 2 trilogies different. I guess you could always buy the original in full screen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.