main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith Heretic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Anyone think something like that could happen? One who would forego galactic domination and revenge because he has achieved ultimate power i.e.immortality not only for himself but for those he might hold dear?

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Hm. Possible, but that would suggest mastery over the dark side which seems to provoke people towards seeking greater power.

3. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    I always thought that it wasn't just knowledge of the dark side that caused the desire, i thought it was the reason people seek the power that causes the problems with the dark side.

4. Ataro_Soresu

Ataro_Soresu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2006
    This is sort of a philosophical area, open to interpretation. The way I see it, it's sort a 50/50 thing.

The more you corrupt the Force by using the twisted powers of the dark side, the more the Force around you will be tainted with that corruption, and it will, in turn, twist you. A vicious cycle.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It's as biased as Villie's grinning. This arctic crap about addictive night side and never the light side.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Have we ever seen a Sith be able to give up the Dark Side? Beyond Vader? ;)

Now, compare that to oodles of Jedi. ;)

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

We haven't seen it, good Boba, because people are hypnotised into linear and cliche blindspots.

Been staring into Time Lord eyes, it seems. [face_hypnotized]

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I tend to think Anakin Skywalker is a perfect example of this. Anakin was arrogant, wanted power, wanted prestige, wanted respect, wanted to test the limits of his power. At the same time, he was ashamed of this, and, paradoxically, tried to be the perfect Jedi. The death of Padme spurred him on to seek the power of the Dark Side, but the rest of the tendencies were in him already. By the end of the movie, Padme doesn't matter. He wants the galaxy.

9. Ataro_Soresu

Ataro_Soresu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2006
    It's an idea that's been around a long time. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The...um...slightly shady side 8-} is the state of using the Force for strictly selfish gain, hang everyone else. And when you have that kind of power and that kind of mindset, you're not likely to want to give it up.

By contrast, it's a rare personality type that's addicted to selflessness and charity.

Arctic crap, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.