main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith Lighting ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by fishdog, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I have to agree that the Emperor is more powerful. That is why he's "the Emperor" and Dooku is not.

2. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I've always thought, and strictly opinion here, that Vader could use Sith lightning if he wanted to, after all he's considered one of the greatest Sith ever. But he always chose not to, maybe as a lingering holdover of his Jedi self. Perhaps he subconsciouly considered it more manly, honorable, chivalrous (pick your own term) to fight hand to hand, saber to saber, instead of just zapping away from a distance. Some may consider it a contradiction, as it's not really honorable to hunt down and kill innocent Jedi, but like I said, maybe it's the only part that he'd held onto. Anyway, that's what I've always believed.

3. Izird

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah, that could be. I just had a thought, and take this with a grain of salt, but...what if the force choking that Vader does is actually more powerful than the lightning? Sure, the lightning looks cooler, but nobody else does the choking thing. Wouldn't it be fitting for the person with the highest midichlorian count ever?

Also, think about this: Vader chokes Admiral Ozzel over a telecommunications screen. It wouldn't be possible to do that with lightning, would it?

4. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Good point, I can agree with that.

5. Count-Daedalus

Count-Daedalus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Well, we see Luke use the Choke aswell, and who says Palpatine doesn't have it too? Besides, we haven't seen the choke on any Jedi or sith yet, so we do not know if they could brake free from it. AND Palpatine wanted Luke to suffer immensely. I have no doubts he was in much more pain than any of those Vader choked. It is also more intimidating to see the lightning.

Well, that is what I think anyways...

6. Izird

Oct 29, 2001
    Yes, but I wasn't talking about intimidation or suffering, just the amount of control that is needed to use the power in question. Yes we see Luke use it, but he is just as powerful as Vader, being his son. No one is more powerful than the Skywalker family (ie. Anakin and descendants).

7. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    what if the force choking that Vader does is actually more powerful than the lightning? Sure, the lightning looks cooler, but nobody else does the choking thing. Wouldn't it be fitting for the person with the highest midichlorian count ever?

Also, think about this: Vader chokes Admiral Ozzel over a telecommunications screen. It wouldn't be possible to do that with lightning, would it?

I agree. Thats pretty cool. I guess I hadn't thought of that.

Luke,,,he is just as powerful as Vader

But, I don't agree that Luke is as powerful as Vader. Yes, he is his son, but Luke is only half of Vader. The other half is from Padme. I should think that Vader's passed on midichlorians would be cut in half. Luke, getting half of Padme's genes and half of Anakin's, would still be extremely powerful, but not as powerful as Vader, the Chosen One.
    IMHO.

8. Count-Daedalus

Count-Daedalus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    That can be argued.

I think the lightning shows true mastery of the dark side. To direct your hatred in a direct assault is the most terryfying and demanding thing that can be done... in my opinion.

9. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I will agree with Count-Daedalus.
    Also, regarding the Force Choke Vader uses, it's actually telekinisis
    (like a hand pushing someone around the neck) and i guess that
    all Jedis can do this. We just haven't seen anyone doing it yet...

10. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Well, if you accept the Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast games, Force Grip is below Force Lightning. I believe that Grip is inferior to lightning. You cab only grip one person at a time whereas you can zap many.
    Unless of course you read EU. In Darksaber (I think) Vader Grips 2 Imperials.

And try Outcast. The rank 3 Grip is awesome! You lift a stormtrooper, choke him and can move freely (smash him into walls, drop him down a shaft)!!!!
    :eek:

11. Izird

Oct 29, 2001
    I haven't tried Outcast yet...

I can't agree with Luke being only half as powerful as Vader. It's always been my opinion that Luke was the only one who could face Vader (in lieu of Obi-Wan or Yoda), because he is the only one whos Jedi powers can match up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.