main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Sith Lords are our Speciality"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windu's Cousin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011

Microseries -- Ventress: "Your fall will be my ascension to the Sith." One could argue that makes her the Sith version of a padawan that is aspiring to become a Jedi Knight.

TCW -- Sidious accused Dooku of training Ventress as his secret apprentice. (Season 3)

In both versions, especially TCW, one can definitely argue she was a Sith.

2. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I do often wonder what was going through Palpatine's mind when he heard that line. What Obi-Wan meant was that Jedi and Sith are opposite of each other in the force, so naturally they are rivals and trained in the arts.

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Those two statements are contradictory. How could a newborn baby have any "devotion" to anything or hate anyone?? :confused:

It's just a dumb plot hole by TCW writers that clearly didn't think before they put these events on-screen.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Devotion to the Dark Side, does not necessarily mean Sith, the Sith is but one religious group of practitioners/worshipers of the Dark Side, not the sole one. The Dark Side was chosen for Maul, by Mother Talzin, he never had a choice. It was Talzin who gave birth to him, and who marked him with the tattoos & partially raised him. She was a Dark Side Witch and quite ancient. She was allied with the Sith(and Sidious himself prior to Maul being born apparently or shortly after) and both she and her cult of Nightsisters are a Dark Side sect. Dathomir itself is a planet strong in the Dark Side. Talzin was more interested in a new galactic order than she let on during the show.

Erkan12 likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    In TCW, those aren't tattoos. It's just how their skin is.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  6. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    Well, at least he didn't lose his limbs and get his features fried off like someone else...

7. Jeditecoita

Jeditecoita Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    He was probably thnking "wow, that was probably one of the cheesiest lines in movie history" lol

8. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013

Well then where is his long-form Sith certificate?

Sepra and Canyon D like this.
  9. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    I still find the scene with Mace Windu and the three other Jedi's v Palpatine absolutely hilarious. It's woefully choreographed and makes the Jedi look weak.

Canyon D likes this.
  10. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes, and I just wanted to say, reading what you wrote I realized again -- some of Anakin's more reckless antics make a fair amount of sense when you remember who essentially trained him by example... :p

minnishe likes this.