main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Sith Lords are our specialty." Wait, what?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Jan 1, 2013.

?

"Sith Lords are our specialty."

1. He was trying to put on a brave face for Palpy / psyche out Dooku

45 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Damn straight Sith Lords are their speciality!

40 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually that was TCW and that is canon.
    Anakin met a Dooku clone and Anakin and Obi-Wan came close to meeting him in LOE in the EU.

2. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Well - perhaps it was to put 'assurance' on Palpatine whom Obi-Wan Kenobi had no idea was also Darth Sidious playing along - BUT if you think about it at the same time Obi-Wan Kenobi has had experience dealing with Sith Lords in a sense - well there's Darth Maul and Count Dooku ... and I mean are you expecting then perhaps an eager but potentially aggressive and lesser experienced Jedi Knight or Padawan who just graduated from Jedi Force Trials in the Temple ... so surely that remark or claim he made surely is plausible to a degree ... and besides - aren't Sith Lords basically the anti-thesis by default to a Jedi Master? Or a very experienced high tier Jedi Knight?

3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

That's something like reverse-dun moch technique of Obi-Wan I believe. Like ; ''You can't win Darth, if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...'' ,

or
    ''Throwing in with pirates now, oh how the mighty Sith have fallen...''

4. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011

Yes, but I very much prefer that they don't meet at all between AOTC and ROTS. Although tracking him and having his escape would be cool; I don't think Anakin/Obi-Wan vs. Dooku battles had as much of a place. I'm all for Dooku/Yoda. Dooku/Windu, Dooku/anyone else

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I prefer the idea that they haven't met as well. Not to mention, the way that they interact with eachother right before the duel on the Invisible Hand, it makes it sound like it's been a long time since they've last seen eachother. "You won't get away THIS time." "I've been looking forward to this..." "My powers have doubled since the last time we met..."

IMO having it that way makes their "rematch" so much more meaningful, after seeing AOTC.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The last duel in TCW between the two and Dooku was in The Lost One. Dooku outfights them (when Anakin gets separated from Obi-Wan in the duel due to hastiness), and escapes.

If one watches The Lost One and ROTS back to back, I suppose "You won't get away THIS time" "This time, we take him together" and "I've been looking forward to this..." can work.

Though "My powers have doubled since the last time we met..." does sound a little odd.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku and Mace Windu have to meet up at least once.
    Obi-Wan and Anakin just missing out on meeting Dooku again would be preferred imo.
    Have Dooku/Sidious keep sending Dark side acolytes after them and Dooku runs into other Jedi.
    That will tick Anakin off and make him want to get Dooku even more.
    Sort of like from the ROTS novel when A&O are discussing the capture of Palpatine.
    Anakin thinks he could have done a better job protecting Palpatine than Shaak Ti and Stass Allie (I think. Iron_lord can correct me if I'm wrong) when Obi-Wan was defending them.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

You are right: ROTS novel:

"Anakin, he was defended by Stass Allie and Shaak Ti. If two Masters could not prevent this, do you think you could? Stass Allie is clever and valiant, and Shaak Ti is the most cunning Jedi I've ever met. She's even taught me a few tricks."
    Anakin assumed he was supposed to be impressed. "But General Grievous—"
    "Master Ti had faced him before, Anakin. After Muunilinst. She is not only subtle and experienced, but very capable indeed. Seats on the Jedi Council aren't handed out as party favors."
    "I've noticed." He let it drop. The middle of a space battle was no place to get into this particular sore subject.
    If only he'd been here, instead of Shaak Ti and Stass Allie, Council members or not. If he had been here, Chancellor Palpatine would be home and safe already. Instead, Anakin had been stuck running around the Outer Rim for months like some useless Padawan, and all Palpatine had for protectors were Jedi who were clever and subtle.
    Clever and subtle. He could whip any ten clever and subtle Jedi with his lightsaber tied behind his back.
    But he knew better than to say so.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Anakin was SO arrogant in believing he was the only one who could do anything and always do it successfully - in his view, I'm sure, the entire Order should sit around twiddling their thumbs while he was sent to complete anything that needed doing.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You're jealous, you're holding him back.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Except he has not killed a Sith and the first person to do so twice is Anakin.
    yet anyway.

12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I bet they'll add this to the ROTS novel if they reprint it.

"Tell that to the Sith Lord Obi-Wan left in pieces on Naboo! Until he came back a year ago,created his own private army of thugs, and waged war on Mandalore." -Anakin

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Don't forget Dark Disciple, there's another short duel in Saving Vos Part II.

14. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    It's missing one more 'who trained the guy'. Dooku trained Qui-Gon, who trained Obi-Wan, who trained Anakin (the guy who killed him.)

17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Nevermind, read it wrong.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl] Whoever bumped this thread, thank you [face_laugh]

Saga Explorer likes this.
  19. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Well, let's see. Obi-Wan is the only one in the PT Jedi Order who actually killed a Sith. For a padawan, Anakin fought exceptionally well against Dooku. Thus, I would definitely say Sith Lords are their specialty.

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Since Maul got a "do over" all we can say is Obi-Wan defeated a Sith with an incomplete kill.

Erkan12 likes this.
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It's a good point. This is a very silly line when you consider people will be watching the Saga in order. Just 20 mins earlier they will have seen Obi-Wan & Anakin both get smashed by the same Sith Lord.

22. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Right forgot about that. Still the victory was impressive, especially for a padawan.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    But of course it was impressive! Honestly, accurate or not, IMHO Obi-Wan killed Maul, but Maul resurrected himself or something...:p

24. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

It was necessary for Obi-Wan's fame in the Star Wars universe, he wasn't a chosen one like Anakin so he needed that victory. And he wasn't exactly a Padawan according to his master Qui-Gon ; He was ready for becoming a Jedi Knight. That victory leads him to get the attention of the Jedi Council in that way he could become a Jedi Knight.

-

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I suppose another option is that the "our" in "our specialty" could mean the Jedi Order rather than he & Anakin personally. "Sith Lords are our (the Jedi's) specialty". Then it works.

Darkslayer, mes520 and Erkan12 like this.